what do you want to ask Thai people ?

thaiblether

Thai girls are so desperate to look european with all their nose surgeries and whitening creams. Why then for God's sake they dont shave their legs??? Nobody could answer me so far. Just curious.And my second question which is more serious. Here are the examples of situations Ive witnessed. I was on a bus and one girl felt seek. She was with a friend and smth really bad happened to her. Smth like a stroke i guess. Bus stopped in the middle of highway and waited paitently for the ambulance. All passengers were sitting in their places starring at the girl and gossiping her. Once the ambulance arrived many started to take photos and videos. And the girl said im sorry 1 million times leaving the bus for the ambulance car. My question is <deleted>??? Why ppl havecto make photos of a situation like that? Whats wrong with them?? This is so wild for me. Another example i witnessed the other day from a distance being on the bridge and crossing the street - car/motorbike crash on the road. Motorbike driver was lying on the road. And again ppl on the bridge started photoshooting not even embarresed of what they do.Im not the type of person who will discuss other ppls "faults" like level of education life goals the way to dress etc. I have no right for it. Im a stranger in this country and nobody invited me here. But when it comes to questions like my second one i really want to know the answers..Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Probably for twitter and instagram with something along the lines of "omg look at why I'm late this silly girl"

As much as I love thailand this happens way too much...

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The doctors are doctors, all the same at public or private hospital.

They are blase and willing to deny treatment to any-one if they don't sniff money-smell. It is no problem if some-one in need a life-threatening situation, or woman in childbirth.

If you show them your small finger problem they want to make an appendix operation. During my last visit they tried to sale for me a 10 baht valued nasal-dropp in 490 baht promotion price. (was a plain salt solution) I didn't take thought that it is enough charge the 1000 baht visit fee for those 7 minutes long show business.

If you don't see this or contest you are blind, brain washed or .... doctor.

I am a doctor. Care to substantiate your claim?
I wouldn't worry about Loles. Hes just another sad lifeform who made 10 too many poor life decisions and is now living in a cheap asian country in self imposed exile with no way out: money gone to the local bar girl and no skills for the labour market. Maybe it would've been better if he just went to the falklands and rested next to his brave brother who at least died for a cause. Not as if anyone would miss him anyway.

I'd reply to all of his posts but its 5am here and I just got out of the office (joys pf investment banking...) and I don't want to clutter an already large thread with more bile against an argentinian who can't speak proper english. Btw, I fully agree with the icj's decision, fyi. It is he who won't accept that great argentina lost the falklands both militarily and politically.

Maybe if he didn't open his posts with such idiotic questions I wouldn't be wasting my time like this!

Dear Doctor,

do you mean CCTV record, two eyewitnesses, documents of case history, prescription of nasal drops, such things ?

Dear Sadhukar,

You've got it. Amazing, again amazing, always amazing. Means you can't secede from your slogan. Bar girls, sadness, impecuniousness, But this is a new: "self-imposed exile". I wub.png it.

Baby, you only miss this as I told before.

Off course my brother is resting in BA. He was brave enough.

Happy to know you cheer for UN ICJ's decision. You are so brave.

Why do you work till morning? Are you slow?

I have a deja vu with you. 11 years ago at Christmas time my younger sister invited to our house her law-faculty mate, a Thai girl (anyway was Chinese) Meo, cause Meo was alone, couldn't get home, failed a terminal examination. This idiot told this: " I very like to sleep, cause when I'm reawaken I'm richer than I was last evening. " And this girl got work in London. May be you know her, or may be ...

You asked questions, I merely replied. Some of them by pointing out that it isn't a thai phenomenon but happens everywhere else in the world e.g. duckface and crummy soaps. It's just unforunate that you were too thick to get it.

Let me ask YOU a question: why are you here? Aside from the obvious fact that you can't hold a job given that you don't know how long some office enployees have to work and the other obvious fact that you're too dense to do anything. Is it because your condescending, stereotypical attitude means that you can't fit in with anyone else aside from rose from patpong? Who proceeded to steal all the money you own from your thick head because you were too dumb to realize it?

Lastly, London hired that thai girl (yes of course an anecdote from 1 thai girl is representative of the entire 1, 000, 000+ expat community) and yet london's economy is probably bigger than Argentina's. Go figure.

Thai girls are so desperate to look european with all their nose surgeries and whitening creams. Why then for God's sake they dont shave their legs??? Nobody could answer me so far. Just curious. And my second question which is more serious. Here are the examples of situations Ive witnessed. I was on a bus and one girl felt seek. She was with a friend and smth really bad happened to her. Smth like a stroke i guess. Bus stopped in the middle of highway and waited paitently for the ambulance. All passengers were sitting in their places starring at the girl and gossiping her. Once the ambulance arrived many started to take photos and videos. And the girl said im sorry 1 million times leaving the bus for the ambulance car. My question is <deleted>??? Why ppl havecto make photos of a situation like that? Whats wrong with them?? This is so wild for me. Another example i witnessed the other day from a distance being on the bridge and crossing the street - car/motorbike crash on the road. Motorbike driver was lying on the road. And again ppl on the bridge started photoshooting not even embarresed of what they do. Im not the type of person who will discuss other ppls "faults" like level of education life goals the way to dress etc. I have no right for it. Im a stranger in this country and nobody invited me here. But when it comes to questions like my second one i really want to know the answers.. Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Quite simple really.

Many have absolutely no consideration for people they don't know. Consideration may be feigned if they think it might be to their advantage though.

As for the photos, as with many actions in Thailand, you have to ask yourself why young adolescents in the West (Age 13-15) might do something similar, and then you have the answer of why Thai adults do such things.

If the OP is indeed a Thai person, which I have strong doubts about, then I have a question for Thai people.

Why do Thai people start troll threads like this and the previous one, then don't answer a single question or even return to the thread, and probably start the next one in a few days.

Does this mean that all Thai people are green and live under a bridge ?

To be fair though I see a fair number of thai people answering this thread. Some of them have much better english than the op as well. So I think you have the better deal here ;)

Sadhukar, You know what...i was in that bus with my friend (thai) who i know really long and who is a really kind person. So yes my friend started to take photos too. And yes when i freaked out my friend says it is just the proof why we would be late for a meeting. Da <deleted>??? Do people really need evidence like photos and video that you were late because someone got really sick on the bus?? I know it is not but i cant figure out the explanation. Also other cases - when ppl just photoshooted crash victims etc - they were not late they just wanted to take photos. What for pls somebody explain me.

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Infamous

^ Young lad (15) was shot in the head outside his house by another young lad, we ended up at the funeral thing after he was lying in a box for 1 month. The open the box for all to see as part of it and all of a sudden everyone had their camera in taking photos and videos, of the one month decomposing body of a 15 yr old they knew, no shame.

I want to ask, "Why every single Thai person I meet asks me, "How long have you been in Thailand?"".

Thank you.

It is a form of starting a conversation, have you heard of that? What would you like Thai people to ask you?

Why does every Thai person tell me, non khon diaow naow?

I want to ask, "Why every single Thai person I meet asks me, "How long have you been in Thailand?"".

Thank you.

It is a form of starting a conversation, have you heard of that? What would you like Thai people to ask you?

What most Thai I deal with ask me.

'Would you like me to continue cleaning the windows or fetch you your afternoon Mojito, Sir?"

OK, so where does the Thai language and people come from? India or China?

Shouldn't the OP, the nice Thai Lassie, be answering this and the other questions raised?

thaiblether, come out, come out, where ever you are ... rolleyes.gif

This might be a silly question but what is Lassie mean?

OK, so where does the Thai language and people come from? India or China?

Shouldn't the OP, the nice Thai Lassie, be answering this and the other questions raised?

thaiblether, come out, come out, where ever you are ... rolleyes.gif

This might be a silly question but what is Lassie mean?

Polite, informal term for young lady/woman. Usually used in a flirtatious way.

Lass or Lassie.

Edited by 1ma
  • Like 2

Thank you.

Why does every Thai person tell me, non khon diaow naow?

ok, do you mean can I sit with you or can you sit alone or can I talk with you?

I wish to ask why thai people don't return phone calls? Is phone charges or text messages so expensive?

Maybe it is a way to tell you that you are not as important.

So basically, because they are rude and inconsiderate.

• Like 1

I wish to ask why thai people don't return phone calls? Is phone charges or text messages so expensive?

Maybe it is a way to tell you that you are not as important.

So basically, because they are rude and inconsiderate.

They don't want to be rude so they ignore.

:cheesy:

Classic!

Thanks.

Geeze ... I hope this thread doesn't get closed before thaiblether comes back with all these answers!

thaiblether ... if you get paid an hourly rate ... I reckon there's a fair bit of overtime in the wings ... whistling.gif

This could all get very confusing.

Reckon a new sub-forum is required to handle this. 'Thai people answer farang questions'.

It's not a bad idea.

I'll be glad to answer them all now in Thai language.

Please do, I can not wait to read them.

sadhukar #303

Dear sadhukar,

You said: " I merely replied. " Big Bullsht Baby. Just look at your offending and pretty idiot slogan against all the thavisa community.

You are a self-satisfied, priggish and arrogant girl, woman or harridan.

My questions were really questions. Some-one (who is pretty hidden now) offered and I was courious. No-one answered, just got your pit-bull style, and the dear doctor came his/her investigetion.

I love Thailand maybe more than you cause I'm here. I love Thai people too, off course not your bumptious style, but fortunately plenty of plain people here and they are likeable. I love so much my Thai colleagues with their all fault cause they are nice. And they love me too this pretty sure.

I like the Thai kitchen, which is the best in the world. I love the Thai nature which is really awsome and amazing. I love the Thai culture, history and I'm proud of to live here, in a Middle Eastern country which has never been colony of greedy Western vampires.

There are many problem around the world, and if you say "what do you want to ask Arg. people?" I have lot of question also.

I'm diving instructor the highest lever as it can. Off course don't work at all until morning cause I'm not a slaver, and off course like sunshine with blue sky and don't like the fck over London smog and permanent cold rain. I let these latters for you with wub.png .

I believe that London hired Thai girls, cause I've been there and have seen my own eyes wink.png .

And London economy ... bla - bla - bla, don't know you are rabid enemy of Argentina or just got this ugly negative feeling reason of met me Baby.

Lastly a good news. You may write anything, may hurt my country, may affront my family, may insult the memory of my deceased brother I don't answer, don't care, the last words are yours Dear sadhukar.

Edited by Loles

When asking for something in Thai, when a farang makes a mistake with a tone, why do most Thai's not realize what is being asked for in the context of the sentence and correct the farang's tone, or just work out what the farang wanted.

For example, sitting and eating at a table with only seafood and rice, farang says:

ผ่านฉันขเขา

by mistake, he meant to say:

ผ่านฉันข้าว

There were no 'animal horns' on the table, why can most Thai people not understand 'animal horns' and 'rice' sound similar, and there is rice on the table so that is what the farang would like to be passed.

Thanks

Please tell me this was a joke. The possible reason that a Thai person would be perplexed here regardless of whether they understood rice or horns is that the word ผ่าน makes NO sense in this context.....you could use เอาข้าวมาให้หน่อย (ได้ไหม)(ครับ) ขอข้าวหน่อย .....and several other things, but the word ผ่าน means to pass in terms of to pass by, or to pass a test....the meaning of pass here is more like ส่งให้

sorry, I haven't followed your posts up til now, so maybe you are being totally ironic, in which case, well done! if it was a serious inquiry, I would say the answer can be expressed in many ways:

1. they seriously do not know what you are trying to say: I read to the end of your post before I was actually sure what you meant with ผ่านฉันข้าว

the word ฉัน means to eat when referring to monks (ฉันเพล) and you are a man it seems, so you should be referring to yourself as ผม or possibly with your name or some other pronoun suitable to the situation ....... maybe they wanted to know what you were saying, but their imagination led them to: some monk has already eaten (not animal horns, though, they probably knew you meant rice, hell, in lao and isaan the two pronounciations are very similar, and in ancient Thai, the word was written as เข้า so yeah, most likely that wasn't the problem) .....a bit too extensive of an explanation, maybe, sorry

2. they are impatient, not necessarily rude at heart, but just don't feel like being bothered to deconstruct your phrasing

3. they don't really want to hear you butchering pronunciation, tones, word choice and grammar all at the same time........not defending people with this attitude, but nevertheless I'm sure some people must feel this way as with the first two as well

I feel like most of the time Thais can actually decipher what is being said if it is within a context.....and if the grammar/word usage is at least somewhat close

to test your theory, sit with a new group of people and say คอเขาน่อยครับ ...my money is on them all understanding you, and maybe, just maybe, someone will correct you on ONE of the mispronounced tones/vowel lengths (but where to begin? neck/horn/isaan(or lao) pronunc. of little?)

Hi

Many thanks for the detailed reply, it was a serious question, not a joke. The example I used with 'animal horn' v 'rice' was not the only time this has happened. Please appreciate I am in the learning stages of speaking and reading Thai.

The my question was more about many Thai people being perplexed when faced with a Thai word pronounced incorrectly. Another example would be if I want to go to the bus station, to farang ears bear can sound a little like bus

ไปที่สถานีรถแบก incorrect

ไปที่สถานีรถเมล์ correct

so many times I make a small (small to my farang ears anyway) mistake with the tone, and just get a totally blank look. When I go further to explain like say:

ไปที่สถานี รถ หลาย คน ใน (very clumsy thai like I am say to go to the station where there is big vehicle with many people inside)

They say 'oh รถเมล์ / รถbus'

I have a thai friend who always can put the word in the correct context, however he spent half his life in the UK and Ireland. I even have chatted to someone from Laos who could put things into context. I am not saying Thai people never can do this but it I do find this often, which is why I asked the question.

Of course I hope as my Thai improves my tones my pronunciation will improve too, however it is frustrating when I know the vocab, but I get a blank look when I got the tone a bit wrong. When it is the other way round I always put things into context.

Lucky I can get my pronunciation correct to say ฉันชอบกินกล้วย though 55555

Thanks smile.png

Hi, sorry, like I said I didn't know, I didn't mean to come off strong. I assumed since you were already typing/writing Thai you had a decent level of knowledge and was just trying to cover my bases as its tough to tell here. I'll be less snappy in future responses :)

• Like 1