Suphan Buri fireworks factory blast kills 2

webfact

Firework factory blast kills 2
The Nation

30222952-01_big.jpg?1388016367891

SUPHAN BURI: -- A Suphan Buri fireworks factory blew up, killing two workers and setting off an inferno that burned the plant down and heavily damaged six buildings.

Two people were wounded.

The damage was estimated at about Bt3 million.

Provincial police chief Maj-General Chatcharin Sawangwong said yesterday that the factory had applied for a permit to produce explosive products including fireworks but had not yet obtained it.

Sparks caused by friction on the production line could have ignited the initial blast, he said, but further investigation into the cause was needed.

The two dead workers were identified as Phaithoon Jamsuwan and Monote Sukying.

This facility, located on a three-rai site in Muang district and owned by local politician Sujin Japhan, was hit by an explosion on June 9 of last year. He has been charged with manslaughter.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-26

The line that made my eyes cross was "the factory had applied for a permit to produce explosive products including fireworks but had not yet obtained it."blink.png What other explosives were they making unlicensed?

I really like fireworks, and found out last week that the Laos word for fireworks translates to 'sky flowers'. Unfortunately, fireworks must be handled carefully, and makeshift factories with sub-standard working conditions are a recipe for disaster...making fireworks is much more dangerous than using them.

The owner obviously has no compassion for his own people, which is doubly damning because he is a politician. post-4641-1156693976.gif And I don't think he will see any jail time because of this. After all, this is Amazing Thailand.

• Like 1

- Hey SuIrasak, why are you so selfish, give me a cigarette also! - told the work-master to the boss of security ....

I can't imagine higher risk than a Thai fireworks factory facepalm.gif may be a Cambodian fireworks factory ?

Edited by Loles

- Hey SuIrasak, why are you so selfish, give me a cigarette also! - told the work-master to the boss of security ....

Where is that bit from, it wasn't in The Nation's report? Is the "boss of security" to blame for this incident? Or perhaps just a little more possibly unjustified Thai bashing?