Police battle protesters at Thai-Japanese Stadium

webfact

From now on, one warning should be sufficient. Waste of resources pandering to these thugs. One warning and if they don't withdraw, Tear gas, water cannon and the dogs. Need to send an unambiguous message

I'm sure you can give them some swastikas

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

a mob of ultra royalists trying to revert back to feudalism, against 27 parties and the great majority of population. What demons rule them? How brainwashed can they be?

do have political views, even fascist one, but don't try to force them on others

how "great" are the majority when their votes can be bought for 500B a pop.

I don't support the yellow shirts, but I do support democracy, and let's be honest, Thailand doesn't have one, and probably never did.

Solution - no idea.

There was a really good academic analysis of the claims of vote buying in the Bangkok Post a couple of weeks back. Effectively it determined that vote buying didn't work. It was and is a nonsense, and did not affect the elections in any meaningful way.

And Father Christmas comes down the chimney at 5 billion homes

So on one hand we have academics using data and interviews and then analysing that information using a scientific process and on the other we have your response. I think I'll stick with the the other guys, thanks anyway.

• Like 1

Really guys (and gals) ... get a life. This is not your country, you are only a tolerated guest here, you can't vote, you are judging everything against a western viewpoint.... this is their country, it is their mess ...(of their own making I might add) ... so calm down.... with a bit of luck the Baht will crash.

• Like 2

It is time to make these yellow thugs understand that occupying buildings, forcing their ways into government agencies and police headquarters, intimidating people and media, try to dictate their extremism upon the majority of people, shoot at peaceful red shirts, attack opponents, journalists and even a 10year old child... and much more, in order to destroy democracy... is criminal.

They should all be held responsible for bringing chaos, detained, and sent to rehabilitation :)

Yes. The Thai people should all roll over for Thaksin and his cronies.

NOT

• Like 1

Interesting to note the colour tag being attributed to the demonstrators when if one looks carefully there is indeed a match of colours in the crowds. So how can anyone actually apportion blame to any one particular political hued movement?

• Like 1

RT @RichardBarrow: Police officer shot in the arm at the Thai-Japanese stadium by an unknown assailant - Via @WassanaNanuam: http://t.co/F37kPoyA65

xBcYQbZYCcAAsonO.jpg.pagespeed.ic.NMCkfP

And they call this a peaceful protest. You want to call them students. Call them students of violence.

Like what Suthep used to said in 2010. This police may hace "Ran into the bullet".

http://asiancorrespondent.com/49822/thai-deputy-pm-protesters-died-because-they-ran-into-bullets/

From now on, one warning should be sufficient. Waste of resources pandering to these thugs. One warning and if they don't withdraw, Tear gas, water cannon and the dogs. Need to send an unambiguous message

Couldn't your logic also be applied to the anti government's demonstrations against the government's policies, and isn't that what they seem to be doing now; sending an unambiguous message to the current government.

Edited by Local Drunk

It is time to make these yellow thugs understand that occupying buildings, forcing their ways into government agencies and police headquarters, intimidating people and media, try to dictate their extremism upon the majority of people, shoot at peaceful red shirts, attack opponents, journalists and even a 10year old child... and much more, in order to destroy democracy... is criminal.

They should all be held responsible for bringing chaos, detained, and sent to rehabilitation smile.png

They should ALL be held responsible, going right back to the 90's. The methods of protest are the same, regardless of the color shirt they are wearing, but if you are going to call for THESE protestors to be held responsible, then I think it's only fair to go back and retroactively hold ALL protestors from previous events responsible also. Let's start with 2010 shall we?

Inflammatory insult posts and replies have been removed.

A post in which the quoted text had been altered has been removed:

30) Do not modify someone else's post in your quoted reply, either with font or color changes, added emoticons, or altered wording.

Other comments on moderation have been removed.

I think the moderators are moderate. thumbsup.gif

Really guys (and gals) ... get a life. This is not your country, you are only a tolerated guest here, you can't vote, you are judging everything against a western viewpoint.... this is their country, it is their mess ...(of their own making I might add) ... so calm down.... with a bit of luck the Baht will crash.

Democracy may have originated in Greece but it's no longer a Western concept - most of South America, Africa, much of Asia and the Pacific use the democratic process. Most Thais adhere to it as a principle. You'll also find that many of the farangs in this forum have spent much of their life in Asia.

RT @RichardBarrow: Police officer shot in the arm at the Thai-Japanese stadium by an unknown assailant - Via @WassanaNanuam: http://t.co/F37kPoyA65

BcYQbZYCcAAsonO.jpg

Now Suthep and his brainless thugs have started shooting police in their attempt to take over the country and rule. Time this Suthep madman is arrested and put an end to this, clear the streets of these scum.

I expect Suthep to argue that this poor police officer did run into his own bullet :lol:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 2

EC members leave Thai-Japanese Stadium in helicopter, leave some parties' members stranded
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Members of the Election Commission left the Thai-Japanese Stadium in a helicopter at 10:21 am Thursday, Nation Channel reported.

Some representatives were still stranded inside the stadium, which was besieged by angry protesters.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2013-12-26

Deputy PM lashes protesters for being violent

BANGKOK, 26 December 2013 (NNT) -- The government has lashed protesters for using violence in their attempt to derail the general election scheduled for February 2 next year.

In a live TV broadcast nationwide, Deputy Prime Minister Surapong Tovichakchaikul, in his capacity as Director of the Center for Administration of Peace and Order (CAPO), accused protesters of "being violent" and "violating the fundamental rights of others" after they had tried to break into the registration venue for the election Thursday morning.

Protesters used a truck to open the gate of the Thai-Japan Youth Center being used as the registration venue and then went on to encircle the building. Consequently, police have enforced their anti-riot procedure so as to protect candidates and members of political parties inside.

Tear gas and rubber bullets were fired as police were trying to disperse the crowd. However, Surapong ensured that authorities would refrain from using excessive forces and every action would be in line with the international standard of anti-riot operation.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2013-12-26 footer_n.gif

This is a joke right? There hasn't been a single protester death from 'police brutality' despite their continued outrages. any other country would have killed 100 protesters by now.

Is there no end to this Yingluck government's brutality. First setting their thugs on spotty bookworms trying to leave their campus, and now this. What a disgrace!

• Like 1

Is there no end to this Yingluck government's brutality. First setting their thugs on spotty bookworms trying to leave their campus, and now this. What a disgrace!

Yes, these poor, poor protesters, are just trying to be peaceful. YEAH RIGHT

I see you weren't here in 2010. By the way, welcome to thailand, and enjoy your short term visit.

I was here in 2010, and in 2006 when the democratically elected PM was deposed by a coup led by the same group of protesters now. Seems that since you can't win an election, any method to gain power is an option. What do you call a group that refuses to acknowledge democracy? I can think of a few appropriate names...

Haha. Riot police battling students protesting AGAINST free and fair elections. Amazing Thailand indeed! The laughing stock of the world.

Free and fair elections?????

How long have you been in Thailand?

Each successive election has been more free and more fair. This has coincided with the development of populist policies by the incumbent government and it's predecessors that the old-school, perpetually losing Democrats and their ilk prefer to call 'vote buying'. They have a completely different perception on how the lower classes should be 'used' and their place in society.

Very well put. The only way to develop a democracy is via the ballot box. That is how societies develop. Let us not forget that whilst the US has by and large free elections, it was not always so. Until the 1960s Black voters in the South were effectively disenfranchised. A couple of decades earlier the horrendously corrupt NY Democratic machine rigged presidential elections. Harry Truman only became vice president because of corrupt practices at the convention, and so on.

Democracies develop and mob overthrow is not part of that process.

So the East Germans and the Polish were very wrong by overthrow their government.

Now we wait for the proof when finally the North Korean vote Kim out of office.....

EC members leave Thai-Japanese Stadium in helicopter, leave some parties' members stranded

Some representatives were still stranded inside the stadium, which was besieged by angry protesters.

I'm assuming they left all the Democrats to confer with their electorate?.. laugh.png

I see you weren't here in 2010. By the way, welcome to thailand, and enjoy your short term visit.

I was here in 2010, and in 2006 when the democratically elected PM was deposed by a coup led by the same group of protesters now. Seems that since you can't win an election, any method to gain power is an option. What do you call a group that refuses to acknowledge democracy? I can think of a few appropriate names...

2006 the premier wasn't elected...it was an expired care taker premier.

2010 was not coup.

• Like 1

BcYQbZYCcAAsonO.jpg

Now Suthep and his brainless thugs have started shooting police in their attempt to take over the country and rule. Time this Suthep madman is arrested and put an end to this, clear the streets of these scum.

I expect Suthep to argue that this poor police officer did run into his own bullet :lol:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

I guess your smirk will disappear if it turns out to be a rubber bullet

I was here in 1973 also, so what, that doesn't make you an expert.