3 Thai Men Sexually assault 2 Russian Women at knife point

Rimmer

Thai people would never do anything this bad to foreign tourists! If you are nice to a Thai, and give them a smile, you get a sincere smile back.

You have much to learn, god help you.

I only quoted some replyes from another thread, 'Malta man assaulted by 7 Thai men'

Many posters in news threads about Thai assaulting a foreigner blame the victim. Even in this thread.

Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Exactly one year from the day of the other well publicised occurrence here

Wow that is bizarre!

Catch these "low-life" and maybe two crimes will be solved (if last years is still unsolved)

Convictions in 11/2013 for the previous assault & rapes

The Judge sentenced the three men as follows:

Khun Vichien aged 36 was sentenced to 41 years in Prison.

Khun Tongchai aged 21 was sentenced to 21 years and 6 months in Prison.

Khun Anuwat aged 33 was sentenced to 46 years and 6 months in Prison.

I wonder if they are out on bail pending appeal......

• Like 1

I feel sorry for the ladies but going back to a room with strangers does not seem a very good idea.

So you suggest they should have had sex outside, on a beach? Or in the toilet in Mixx?

People usually have sex in a room. I dont see what the Russian girls did wrong.

I suggest that you do not go to a room with strangers picked up on walking street of all places.

• Like 1

Catch these "low-life" and maybe two crimes will be solved (if last years is still unsolved)

Convictions in 11/2013 for the previous assault & rapes

The Judge sentenced the three men as follows:

Khun Vichien aged 36 was sentenced to 41 years in Prison.

Khun Tongchai aged 21 was sentenced to 21 years and 6 months in Prison.

Khun Anuwat aged 33 was sentenced to 46 years and 6 months in Prison.

I wonder if they are out on bail pending appeal......

Don't believe released on bail for an appeal, they were poor Thais, but not 100% sure. From memory a lot of pressure from the Russian Embassy on the RTP & a very high profile case.

I feel sorry for the ladies but going back to a room with strangers does not seem a very good idea.

So you suggest they should have had sex outside, on a beach? Or in the toilet in Mixx?

People usually have sex in a room. I dont see what the Russian girls did wrong.

I suggest that you do not go to a room with strangers picked up on walking street of all places.

Yes, I agree. Often times people put their guard down in regards to personal safety when clubbing. Add a few alcoholic drinks, a smooth pickup line and some well timed words. Most often the result is a casual sexual liaison, which carries its own risks.

The worst case scenario is sexual assault or worse. I hope the women recover, both physically and emotionally.

Pax Nobiscum

I do not justify rape at all. It is a terrible crime..worst than murder, specially for very young women......but...can be also a cultural thing that people need to know before dealing with different culture...

It is notorious that western people is advise not to interact with Muslim women in some Muslim countries, where also Muslim women cannot interact with western men. If people do, it is at their own risk...disregard if is good or bad, fair or not....

In 2011 I had a relationship with a Thai woman in her 50's with only one son. She is a high Government employee from very conservative and religious farmer's family. We had sex, but she was not comfortable having sex, and she said many times that she will prefer not to have sex...even after marriage. Asking about, she recused to tell me during the 4 months of our relationship. Only she did when our relationship become just a friendship. Nice woman. It is sad that she still single.

She told me that she become pregnant at 16 from an older man, friend of her family. The older man was forced to marry her, but she was abused and even forced to share her bed with many other women for many years, until she had the courage to get divorce. I understood why she had so much "trauma" with sex, but I also asked how she got raped if she was a "good girl" not looking for trouble. She told me that rape is a common thing in Thailand, rarely reported, rarely punished, and Thai families wants to get their young daughters married soon to avoid the risk, also because, Thai men only get married with virgins, even now, even the older ones. She said that Thai men ALWAYS will take advantage of any women if can get them in a secluded space, even a car, and NEVER will accept a rejection. The common believe between Thai men, is that if a woman of any age accept to be alone with a man it is because is ready to have sex....any rejection will be an insult and will becomes violent.

I was teaching at Government elementary school at that time, and I asked a 37 years old Thai teacher about, also divorced. She said that is all true, specially in country villages. She also said that she is dating Thai men, single, married, younger and older...until find a young, rich, and good looking foreigner wanted to marry her. She is very attractive woman, but.... I didn't had the minor chance with her...

Russian girls must have done something to provoke the Thais. Maybe the girls said something rude to Thai guys!!? Maybe they used tge F word. Thai people would never do anything this bad to foreign tourists! If you are nice to a Thai, and give them a smile, you get a sincere smile back. Also, we dont know the whole story! Im sure there is more to this, than the police report says. Am I right, guy!? Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

so all thai's are good! and if one says something rude then that is ok to be brutally attacked!

in my experience thais can be the most racial and rude people on this planet. how many times a day do you think a ferang heres that word. ferang this and ferang that. in developed countries it would be extremely rude to openly refer to a foreigner as 'hey foreigner'.

i assume you are thai by your avatar

Edited by jonesthebaker

Russian girls must have done something to provoke the Thais. Maybe the girls said something rude to Thai guys!!? Maybe they used tge F word. Thai people would never do anything this bad to foreign tourists! If you are nice to a Thai, and give them a smile, you get a sincere smile back. Also, we dont know the whole story! Im sure there is more to this, than the police report says. Am I right, guy!? Sent from my C6802 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Are you serious or just delusional, Thai guys would do nothing to hurt foreigners. So the guy beaten by 7 thai guys at the ATM doesn't count?

In samui the locals wait for the drunk farang at closing time and they rob them mostly of gold chains and wallets they then meet behind tesco lotus and share their spoils with the local police.

Farang dont report because they know it is useless and they go home.And people wonder why Thailand has such a bad name.THEFT CORRUPTION PROSTITUTION MURDER LIES

Welcome to the land of SMILES

Edited by Rimmer
Quotes fixed
  • Like 1

Thai people would never do anything this bad to foreign tourists! If you are nice to a Thai, and give them a smile, you get a sincere smile back.

You have much to learn, god help you.

I only quoted some replyes from another thread, 'Malta man assaulted by 7 Thai men'

Many posters in news threads about Thai assaulting a foreigner blame the victim. Even in this thread.

so what exactly is your point. because you seem unable to think for yourself. you really come across as a confused and very odd person

No, you're not right. a few years ago 10 Thai guys raped a 14 year old girl (about 40kms from me), they ended up paying 1 million compensation. Then of course there were the 2 girls who were kidnapped from outside their school, attacked and killed (Chonburi ?). The young Scottish girl in Phuket. The girl who worked in the animal care centre a week or two ago.......the list goes on ! I agree that this does happen all over the world, but it happens a lot here. When a girl smiles at you it does not give you the right to think you are entitled to abuse them. Unfortunately there are lot here who think it does.

In the 14 years I have been here I have had several girls tell me first hand they were raped by Thai men.

In the 40 years that I lived in Europe, I never met a woman who told me she got raped. Either girls in Europe do not talk about being raped or that rape happens more frequent in Thailand.

In India rape is widespread. But then in India there is a inbalance in population (much more men than women). This is not the opposite in Thailand.

Helllooooo

How in the world can any girl provoke men to attack them at knife point..??????????????

Where in this world do you come from????

• Like 1

May have been a commercial transaction that went bad..."persuaded" with what one wonders...sweet talk...some folding stuff? It's reported the women went with the men to "drink" voluntarily and later in the room the encounter turned violent. If the facts are as reported here then a crime may have been committed and one hopes the perpetrators are caught and delt with according to law.

All this continuing to happen while Thailand is under scrutiny of the Russian tourism authority, and they are already on a warning that they will be boycotted by 5000 tourist agencies.

A threat of a boycott probably wouldn't mean anything to most Thais.

They figure there are always more tourists out there and so far they have figured correctly.

Pattaya would be dead withour russians and the condos would be unsold

Do you have any idea of how difficult it is for a woman to go and report a rape?
Even if (for talking sake) "revenge" was sought in this way, most know how much they would have to go through when it is reported. Ie: questioned over and over....and over (often in the same condition they were left)..and being made to go through a hospital test in some cases.
Although SOME women have been known to do such a thing, its more the case that a woman HAS been raped when she reports it, than has not.
The main story with holes .is actually yours..

Edited by sbk
deleted quoted post removed

so all thai's are good! and if one says something rude then that is ok to be brutally attacked!

i assume you are thai by your avatar

Ughh, I should never have attempted sarcasm, it clearly didn't work. Even JsixPack now thinks Im completly retarded.

No, I dont blame the victims, especially something as horrible as rape, and not just rape, rape at knife point. I cant think of anything more traumatising a woman can experience.

Oh, the avatar... Never occured to me I look Thai. Maybe its the oversized shades. I wouln't use my passport pic as avatar.

A small tip about internet lingo: double exlamation sign after a sentence usually means sarcasm. I thought it was very clear in my post.

Edited by valgehiir
  • Like 1

May have been a commercial transaction that went bad..."persuaded" with what one wonders...sweet talk...some folding stuff? It's reported the women went with the men to "drink" voluntarily and later in the room the encounter turned violent. If the facts are as reported here then a crime may have been committed and one hopes the perpetrators are caught and delt with according to law.

the girls were raped so obviously there was a crime commited. of course you will understand little of the ways of women so i must forgive your ignorant speculation

Are you serious or just delusional, Thai guys would do nothing to hurt foreigners. So the guy beaten by 7 thai guys at the ATM doesn't count?

I give up.

My post was a short summary of the usual lame lines 'blame the victim' fan club use.

Just read the Malta man beaten by 7 locals, half the posters there say he deserved to beaten to a pulp, cos maybe he was rude to them.

Yes you should give up. But first consider this: when you write a statement such as you did - and if indeed you are thinking something else - then how do you expect readers to guess what you are thinking. In fact i still havent got a clue as to what you think about this attack and rape. Maybe you could enlighten us?

you seem quite confused. just talk straight. dont try to appear clever!

PS being rude to someone is not justification for rape, severe beating or murder in the wider world.

valgehiir was being sarcastic because he is apparently upset anyone would offer alternative theories about why seven men would give a farang a beating and sees them as apologists.

For the record, whatever may have caused the seven to beat the man does not justify it but it might explain why.

After reading all of the posts on that incident, I would disagree that "half the posters there say he deserved" being beaten. Some may have but many did offer suggestions as to why it may have happened. There is a difference.

All this continuing to happen while Thailand is under scrutiny of the Russian tourism authority, and they are already on a warning that they will be boycotted by 5000 tourist agencies.

A threat of a boycott probably wouldn't mean anything to most Thais.

They figure there are always more tourists out there and so far they have figured correctly.

Pattaya would be dead withour russians and the condos would be unsold

And that's a bad thing?