Bangkok: Din Daeng clashes leave two dead, 153 injured

webfact

Din Daeng clashes leave two dead, 153 injured

1530595_684977248190072_875963075_n-wpcf

BANGKOK: -- The Public Health Ministry said today that two people were killed and 153 people, including protesters and police, were injured in yesterday’s clashes between the anti-riot police and the protesters led by the Network of Students and People for the Reform of Thailand ( NSPRT).

The ministry’s Health Department deputy director-general Dr Narong Apikulvanich said of the total 153 injured, 38 are still being treated at Ramathibodi, Ratchawithi, King Mongkut, Police General hospitals, and other private hospitals.

He said that a rescue volunteer was also shot in the chest and seriously injured while performing his duty in front of Gate No 3 of the Din Daeng stadium.

Meanwhile the ministry’s health department chief Dr Suphan Sithamma said the first person to die from yesterday’ s violence was a police officer identified as Pol Sr Sgt Maj Narong Pitisi. He was pronounced dead at Police General hospital.

The second fatality was a male protester. He was shot in the chest He died at King Mongkut hospital today.

Source: http://englishnews.thaipbs.or.th/din-daeng-clashes-leave-two-dead-153-injured-2/

thaipbs_logo.jpg
-- Thai PBS 2013-12-27

So, still no murder charges against the leaders of the hypocrite party? What can we expect from a party that flaunts its disregard for the rule of law.

I'd expect Yingluck to be charged by Tarit any time soon

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

So, still no murder charges against the leaders of the hypocrite party? What can we expect from a party that flaunts its disregard for the rule of law.

You are correct, i would expect charges against Yingluck shortly. Calling out the police to kill protesters is murder, she can share a cell with Abhisit.

• Like 2

The sad thing is everyone knows the corrupt and guilty on both sides. Start with jailing Suthep and Thaksin

go down the list on both sides from there. While the Yingluck government has absolutely loony government

policies starting with the rice scheme, I have not read from TV readers what her corrupt crimes are.

Remember stupidity is not a crime. Her top 10 lieutenants I know are guilty of many, but what about her?

• Like 1

I'm thinking of moving away from Thailand. Today we saw on TV the police stopping cars driven by medical personnel and doctors who were carrying medical supplies to the injured protesters in Bangkok. The police then smashed the windows and disabled the cars, making sure the injured would not be treated. They hide behind gas mask, just as they do in other police states, (USA, Russia, Syria etc.) and laugh at the disregard with which they hold the law. It is rumored that someone has employed gunmen to mingle with the protesters and randomly shoot them dead, scaring others away from the anti-Gov't rallies. The gov't is a weak puppet run from Macao or Dubai or wherever. Another bus crash in the north killed 29 people today, a situation that has been in place for 50 years and will remain in place as long as rogue bus companies pay the gov't MPs to ignore safety and the excessive hours and speeds the drivers are forced to employ to keep to the schedules. Along with daily corruption at every level, this Land of Smiles has slowly become a rat infested, leaking, festering abscess on the face of the earth. It's a pity, it could be paradise.

Edited by rubik101

I'm thinking of moving away from Thailand. Today we saw on TV the police stopping cars driven by medical personnel and doctors who were carrying medical supplies to the injured protesters in Bangkok. The police then smashed the windows and disabled the cars, making sure the injured would not be treated. They hide behind gas mask, just as they do in other police states, (USA, Russia, Syria etc.) and laugh at the disregard with which they hold the law. It is rumored that someone has employed gunmen to mingle with the protesters and randomly shoot them dead, scaring others away from the anti-Gov't rallies. The gov't is a weak puppet run from Macao or Dubai or wherever. Another bus crash in the north killed 29 people today, a situation that has been in place for 50 years and will remain in place as long as rogue bus companies pay the gov't MPs to ignore safety and the excessive hours and speeds the drivers are forced to employ to keep to the schedules. Along with daily corruption at every level, this Land of Smiles has slowly become a rat infested, leaking, festering abscess on the face of the earth. It's a pity, it could be paradise.

what you have seen, most likely, is the vision from a city of 11 million people. A city this size, anywhere on the planet, has a lot of good points and a lot of bad points. Don't let your experience of Thailand be based on this only. There are many other cities, towns and villages where life is good. I am the only farang (foreigner) in our village and I love it here. The kids laugh and point at me, I point at them and laugh. I am learning the language and go to the shops etc without any hassles.

You will be surprised at how many Thai people can talk basic English even in the village. Life is good.

• Like 2

I blame thaksin.not the reds for this one, but I guess you are celebrating anyway, I am talking to you red supporters. They will be enjoying this, both colours of skin. RIP to all those killed, and my condolences to their families. At least they died doing what they thought was a good cause for all Thais. Not just themselves. Remember that.

And how is a protest claiming to represent all Thais, especially minority parties, but then that doesn't even give those same minority parties the liberty to decide by themselves if they wish to participate (blocking them physically) in elections or not a good cause for all Thais. Please do tell.

Edited by firestar

Good news for Thai Baht. Keep your head down guys and watch whilst Thailand self destructs. What a circus and Thais have only Thais to blame for this mess.

The other day there was a confrontation on the golf course between some noisy Thais who showed no regard for other players and one guy who was a navy guy said he would go to his car to get his gun and sort out the argument. guess that sums up the real Thailand.