Court dismisses action brought by Thaksin

webfact

• Replies 189
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this put to rest the anti-government protesters claim that the Thaksin regime has infiltrated and corrupted every aspect of the government and legal system? Doesn't this show that the system, while in need of fixing, isn't completely broken beyond repair?

I think there's enough needing fixing to give it a go. A good start would be officials who refuse to forward criminal cases to the courts, minor stuff like perjury and terrorism.

• Like 1

"Thaksin, who is now in self-exile" AKA on the run.

If Thaksin is so guilty, how come no country will extradite him? He's freely travelling to countries like U.S and Singapore without being arrested.

It's funny how you people keep re-iterating how corrupt Thailand is. But you only apply that corruption where it suits you.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but doesn't this put to rest the anti-government protesters claim that the Thaksin regime has infiltrated and corrupted every aspect of the government and legal system? Doesn't this show that the system, while in need of fixing, isn't completely broken beyond repair?

I think there's enough needing fixing to give it a go. A good start would be officials who refuse to forward criminal cases to the courts, minor stuff like perjury and terrorism.

Agreed, but how does dismantling democratic process achieve this? If the court system works, then the legal checks and balances are there, so any illegal actions from the governing party can and should be brought to the courts by the opposition.

• Like 2

In response to another poster's question, if Thaksin had sway over the courts he would have been here long ago. The courts - and the laws they enforce - are the one thing that is keeping Thaksin from here - hence the Yingluck administration's failed attempt to have his convictions nullified in the massive blunder of the amnesty bill.

Agreed, but how does dismantling democratic process achieve this? If the court system works, then the legal checks and balances are there, so any illegal actions from the governing party can and should be brought to the courts by the opposition.

• Like 1

If Thaksin is so guilty, how come no country will extradite him? He's freely travelling to countries like U.S and Singapore without being arrested.

It's funny how you people keep re-iterating how corrupt Thailand is. But you only apply that corruption where it suits you.

First, you have to ask................

• Like 1

I guess for the same reason Thaksin is running around with a valid Thai passport illegally issued, because his government is looking after him.

They could have sought extradition during the military dictatorship as well. Why didn't they? The only reason I can think of is that the rest of the world knows that these are trumped up charges.

diceq, on 27 Dec 2013 - 15:46, said:
Mosha, on 27 Dec 2013 - 15:38, said:

Because his sister and her government provided him with a diplomatic passport.

• Like 2

Again, even if this is true, it happened after the military dictatorship. It does not answer the question why he was never extradited during the military dictatorship.

Again, even if this is true, it happened after the military dictatorship. It does not answer the question why he was never extradited during the military dictatorship.

Possibly it suits everyone's purpose that he remains out of the country. Might explain the ease with which he fled the country.

• Like 1

I guess for the same reason Thaksin is running around with a valid Thai passport illegally issued, because his government is looking after him.

They could have sought extradition during the military dictatorship as well. Why didn't they? The only reason I can think of is that the rest of the world knows that these are trumped up charges.

I remember that Abhist along Suthep were claiming, for months, that thailand did ask interpol to issue an international warrant...

to learn later that the european agency did never receive any requestcheesy.gifcheesy.gif ... and in any case, interpol said they will never comply to go after TS... go figure whywhistling.gif

maybe TS is a criminal only for the yellow shirt (i know this last sentence will sent some people here balisticlaugh.pnglaugh.pnglaugh.png )

To answer your first question.........................NO !

As to your second question...................Perhaps it is repairable, but first you must completely remove any trace of the Shinawatra regime.

• Like 1