Chalerm told to clarify “men in black” at the Labour Ministry

Lite Beer

Looks like maintenance people to me. Too far way I don't see an guns. Only workers.

Too far away? How have you worked out that they are maintenance people then? What's the visual difference between maintenance people and maybe more sinister people when they're too distant to be distinguished from one another?

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

For all the nonsense photoshop proponents, try and photoshop video of the rooftop men in black. http://youtu.be/jTSVKxdrixk

At 11 seconds over on the left sure looks like someone taking a shot.

Some of the other sections show guys throwing things off the roof, then a few seconds pause and you hear a bang.

Looks pretty damning to me

• Like 1

For all the nonsense photoshop proponents, try and photoshop video of the rooftop men in black. http://youtu.be/jTSVKxdrixk

At 11 seconds over on the left sure looks like someone taking a shot.

Some of the other sections show guys throwing things off the roof, then a few seconds pause and you hear a bang.

Looks pretty damning to me

Indeed it does.

They'll have to change gears to revise their script now.

• Like 1

I'm very good in photoshop myself but I feel so sad when I read these comments. Men in black in daylight is because they did not realise they can be shot by the helicopter cam!!!!!!! The technology is a bit in front of them.

Nice photo-shop!!thumbsup.gif

Chalerm has survived politically 40 years in turbulent years. You don't do that by being careless or stupid. He may be a flamboyant drunk clown at times, but do not mistake him for an amateur!!

If those photos really existed, why wait 36 hours before publishing them??

Suthep getting desparate?whistling.gif

Maybe they graduated in Thailand because where I went to school we understood if the objects or buildings around you had shadows then so should the people in the photo. I mean look at the wall behind them and then look at the shadow from the building. That shadow from the building is really, really strong. yet not even a trace of a shadow

Well spotted.

Nice photo-shop!!thumbsup.gif

Chalerm has survived politically 40 years in turbulent years. You don't do that by being careless or stupid. He may be a flamboyant drunk clown at times, but do not mistake him for an amateur!!

If those photos really existed, why wait 36 hours before publishing them??

Suthep getting desparate?whistling.gif

Maybe they graduated in Thailand because where I went to school we understood if the objects or buildings around you had shadows then so should the people in the photo. I mean look at the wall behind them and then look at the shadow from the building. That shadow from the building is really, really strong. yet not even a trace of a shadow

Well spotted.

Now then, explain the video.

• Like 1

Almost 20 people on a rooftop watching events, and not one weapon in sight.

Damning! rolleyes.gif

Madman Suthep really is starting to lose it.

Starting to lose it? Why? Because he is asking this question?

He added that he would like to know whether Chalerm was aware of the presence of the “men in black” or not as their presence coincided with the clashes between police and protesters in front of the youth centre and the dead victims were shot from a high ground.

How can they tell their presence coincided with the clashes? Are they <deleted>###ng nuts??? Do they have an exact idea of when they were deployed there? And which kind of interaction they had with the clashes?

They are only vomiting propaganda, and someone listen them on 2 paws and with tongue out...

And words from the Supreme Suthep... He will sue government for damage of private property. What about him and his nice security? Should they serve jail for life for damages? Totally nuts.

Take a deep breath and then tell me if you still think Suthep is vomitting propaganda. Looking at this video I have to assume CAPO, led by Thaksin's cousin Surapong, is capable of doing more then you might want to believe.

Warning! Graphic content!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WvcO0qkOiI8

(Video is shown on The Nation website)

Edited by Nickymaster

The video of the roof shows one of the men in black firing at 11 seconds, as there is a clear puff of smoke.

So now I have a question, as I do not know much about firearms:

Would guns that fire live rounds emit such an obvious puff of smoke? I thought that modern rifles used smokeless powder based on cordite etc rather than non-gaseous black powder.

However, when I have seen (on video) the firing of rubber bullets or tear gas these do seem to give a puff of smoke.

Anyone that says that the police have been professional and well trained . Here's a reminder:

It has been all over the news but. hey they are wearing black.

Yes and they did make an arrest of a young fellow who had allegedly stolen a riot officers uniform and was masquerading as an officer...

rolleyes.gif

Blimey.. he must have been running around a lot then cos i could swear there were about 10-15 of them ....

• Like 1

The video of the roof shows one of the men in black firing at 11 seconds, as there is a clear puff of smoke.

Would guns that fire live rounds emit such an obvious puff of smoke? I thought that modern rifles used smokeless powder based on cordite etc rather than non-gaseous black powder.

However, when I have seen (on video) the firing of rubber bullets or tear gas these do seem to give a puff of smoke.

true. But also at about the 3-4 second mark the guy in the middle throws something. then it looks like he may have fired a handgun, just before the other guy runs past him.

Who knows for sure .. the people there.. but from that video we can only speculate.. One thing for sure they aint maintenance workers!

Anyone that says that the police have been professional and well trained . Here's a reminder:

It has been all over the news but. hey they are wearing black.

Yes and they did make an arrest of a young fellow who had allegedly stolen a riot officers uniform and was masquerading as an officer...

rolleyes.gif

Blimey.. he must have been running around a lot then cos i could swear there were about 10-15 of them ....

No you just had too many Singhas when you watched it, clearly your vision was impaired :P

Looks like maintenance people to me. Too far way I don't see an guns. Only workers.

How can that be: in one breath you say too far away to tell / but in your next breath you say it's maintenance workers.

So please explain how / why you claim it's maintenance workers.

And perhaps you would like to view the youtube video on this thread. Do workers do thinks which emits a few moments of smoke, and throw they deliberately throw things off the roof?

Suggest you do some reading of Thai history and get a better understanding of the whole picture.

What the hell does Thai history have to do with maintenance men on the roof of a building. You better relax you are letting these post here get to you and then give foolish replies. Have a beer or two and stop taken everything so seriously.

Too far away? How have you worked out that they are maintenance people then? What's the visual difference between maintenance people and maybe more sinister people when they're too distant to be distinguished from one another?

If you read what I said I say to far away to tell if they had weapons. I can tell a maintenance guy when I see one. So you relax and stop getting so worked up over something that is none of your business.

If rifle has been properly cleaned and oiled, first shot will give smoke as residue gun oil is burnt off.

• Like 1

Let's tone down the speculations a bit. In the 16 sec video we can hear three distinct sounds. Two high pitched ones which sound like gunshots but correspond with the smoke puffs of the "firecrackers" thrown from the roof to the right side of the scenery (the sound for the third "puff" is missing). Another rather muffled but more forceful bang is heard a few seconds after a device is hurled from center downwards left (at 02:00) - might have been a flashbang or stun grenade. The last sound is from the teargas grenade launcher fired on the left, the arched trail of the propellant's smoke gives it away.

While the whole bunch looks pretty disorganized and unprofessional there is nothing in the 16 secs that points to some illegal activity. There is of course the possibility that those funny "firecrackers" were deliberately thrown to camouflage the sound of live rounds being fired by someone else - but that is just a speculation.

If rifle has been properly cleaned and oiled, first shot will give smoke as residue gun oil is burnt off.

In no occasion will a modern rifle give this sized cloud of white smoke cleaned or not. looks to me like any riot police, throwing and shooting tear gas canisters to disperse a crowd.

• Like 2

If you read what I said I say to far away to tell if they had weapons. I can tell a maintenance guy when I see one. So you relax and stop getting so worked up over something that is none of your business.

Although it is none of my business, just what maintenance requires that many 'maintenance men'? Did you spot any tools or equipment normally associated with maintenance? For future reference, could you tell us the conspicuous features of maintenance men, and where they can be observed in either the still or the video?

• Like 1

In no occasion will a modern rifle give this sized cloud of white smoke cleaned or not. looks to me like any riot police, throwing and shooting tear gas canisters to disperse a crowd.

Then why did you "like" a post that said they were maintenance men just before posting this?

Then why did you "like" a post that said they were maintenance men just before posting this?

I liked a post were he asked to calm down. Only saw after the maintenance men part, which is ridiculous, afterwards.

To me it looks like regular riot police, definitely not maintenance men but not snipers either.

Edited by firestar

I liked a post were he asked to calm down. Only saw after the maintenance men part, which is ridiculous, afterwards.

To me it looks like regular riot police, definitely not maintenance men but not snipers either.

OK, you read right to left, Chinese style, twice.

If these are riot police, and the police officer was shot from a height as reported by police officials, wouldn't a reasonable amount of suspicion that the shot came from this location be necessary in any investigation?

Your nothing but another jail house lawyer. What gives you the right to question what anyone likes or dislikes.

Your nothing but another jail house lawyer. What gives you the right to question what anyone likes or dislikes.

Just seemed strange that he 'liked" 2 of your posts that we both agree were ridiculous. Having answered your question, will you give me the same courtesy, I would sincerely like to know how to identify maintenance men at a distance?

• Like 1

OK, you read right to left, Chinese style, twice.

If these are riot police, and the police officer was shot from a height as reported by police officials, wouldn't a reasonable amount of suspicion that the shot came from this location be necessary in any investigation?

It wasn't filmed with a drone so how about the location from where the video was shot? or any other location?

I am saying on the evidence of this video these guys are definitely not snipers, anti-riot police throw gas canisters and run around snipers do not.

I commented on the video but now if you want to completely speculate and have the last word be my guest.