30 Day Visa

ok, i am a bit of a paranoid bastard, so i want to ask this, so i don't get kicked out of thailand. if i have flights in and out of thailand within 30 days i don't need a visa (aussie). this i know. the question being if i go to Burma, to visit for like 2 weeks, will i get another 30 days when i re-enter thailand or will i just have the time left on the original stamp ?

strange question i know, but i was just wondering.

incase i could then change my flights.

cool cool, another kind of extension to the question, if i change my flight dates before i leave so i would stay longer then 30 days, does it depend on the airline or thai migration if i could fly in, this would still be under the expectation of me going to Burma or should i get a burmese visa before i leave to show the dates i will be there.

Both can stop you from entry as you do not meet the requirement for a 30 day entry without visa. But the airline is the one most likely to deny you boarding. The requirement is onward ticked travel, not a visa.

thanks for the really good help lopburi3, just one last thing, now my circumstances have changed, and i only have a one way ticket to thailand, would i just need a 60 day tourist visa, and then i can buy a ticket when i get to thailand to leave ?

if that makes sense

If you have a valid visa you can enter the country on a one way airline ticket. I did this a couple of months ago and now I buy my return tickets from thailand.

I'm passing immigration for years without a return ticket, still they can ask for a return ticket tough

There is no requirement to hold any kind of outbound ticket when entering with a valid visa (tourist or non-immigrant). You can just as well plan to go Cambodia overland, requiring no airline ticket!

The only (unlikely) thing immigration could ask is that you have sufficient funds, but the amount is very low (think it is 20,000 for a single traveler and double that for a family, not sure though...)

Been going in and out of Thailand for ages without any kind of outbound ticket, both over land and by air (but always holding a valid visa).

The airlines can and will refuse you to board only when you do not hold any Thai visa AND do not hold an outbound ticket to get you out of Thailand within the 30 day limit!!!

I've had airlines object to my not having return tickets or not having visa's - in every case I have been able to board by signing a waiver. ie promising to pay my fare out if I am refused entry.

I rarely see this posibility mentioned so wonder if it is not always offered as an option by the airlines?

A handful of credit cards may help but the airline is also subject to fine and getting you out (which may have to be on another airline at full fare). So normally they will only give you the option to buy a ticket out within the period required from most reports. But each airline can handle it as they see fit and in many cases different employees will have different policies depending on there mood and there take of you.