Phone model recommend?

SailingHome

i-mobile is the Thai equivalent of MyPhone. Looking at the impressive specs for the A919i and I'm not sure you are going to find something similar in Thailand for only 6k baht at the moment. Thailand is usually less expensive for budget phones but the A919i looks to be very heavily discounted in the Philippines.

Well there are a few available.. maybe look at Lazada or 7/11 online to get an idea.. if you want things like GPS to work then get something other than Mediatec chipsets.

The gf has a Samsung core which is decent.. not as good specs as the myphone you listed, but everything works.

http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_galaxy_core_i8260-5419.php

they are about 6,900 baht

http://www.lazada.co.th/samsung-galaxy-core-i8262ais-chic-white-106716.html

or spend a bit more and this : http://www.lazada.co.th/huawei-ascend-g700-aisdtac-white-139262.html

• Like 1

The quad core A919i has 2 big advantages over the other suggestions. Firstly, it's 5" 720x1280 display compared to only 480x800 and 540x960. Secondly, it also, according to the specs I looked at, supports USB on the go, and at that price point I haven't seen a budget phone in Thailand with that feature but I suppose they are probably out there somewhere.

Jingthing just bought a new phone with a 720x1280 display after a lot of window shopping so he is in a good position to comment on if the display resolution makes a big difference as some of the other phones he considered were with a lower resolution I believe. Another thing is it has a 2000 mAh battery, that's a bit larger than most budget phones. The price in one link I saw had it on promotion at 6990 pesos, that's only about 5,200 baht at current exchange rates so imo on paper at least, it's pretty hard to beat for the price.

• Like 1

My a919 duo has been great, but the limited ram for a power user like me makes it a little cumbersome (512MB). The a919i has 1GB Yup, the high resolution and high angle of vision on my 919 is awesome, so the i should make me quite happy. I simply refuse to buy a 2GB model or 1920p resution as phones just don't last a long time and it isn't worth the price to me. iPad? Not for me. No value.

Sent from my MyPhone A919 Duo using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

The Huawei Ascend G700

IS closest to the spec, actually with the 8 g and 2 g it beats it.. it also has a higher speed modem and is slightly smaller BUT it is 7,450 baht BUT that is with Thai warranty.. takes ya pick.

http://www.gsmarena.com/huawei_ascend_g700-5633.php

Cool. Good price for the spec. I find anything smaller than 5" too small for editing, but 5" fits the pocket and is good propped on a table ar cafe for movies.

If budget is 10.000, wouldn't you get much better device, if you look around for 2nd hand phones.

Sony Z, 5 inches, beautiful phone, in Jan 2013 it was Sony flagship, 1080 displey, and it cost 21.000 baht, now 10.000 in many booths in MBK, they will sell you for 9000.

Or maybe HTC One, one of the most beautiful phones ever, also over 20.000 when realeased in Feb 2013, now 10.000, soon upgrade to 4.4 kitkat, 1080 displey. 4.7 inch displey, I wish it was 5, would have snatched one the moment it was released.

Buying a new phone, 10.000 doesnt get you much.

There is one offered right here at Thaivisa classifieds.

Of course the TV app crashed when I had typed up to this point using the app, now using Crome. Android TV app never crashes while browsing, if replying crashes every other time, it is hoplessly bad.

Check the HTC One here:

http://classifieds.thaivisa.com/electronics/cell-phones/htc-one-4g-32gb-lte-silver-beats-audio-252868.html

The a919i looks very similar to the Thl w8, which I ordered about half a year ago from China for around 6000 Baht. Specs are exactly the same. I am sure you can get it for much cheaper atm, or an advanced version of it for the same price. USB - otg on the a919i must be a mistake, the mtk chipset does not support it, as far as I know.

If you are not willing to order from China then I suggest to check out the i-mobile iqx. You can get it for around 6-7000 Baht atm. Slightly smaller, but amazing build quality, screen and camera, also very light.

• Like 1

The main issue with buying a MyPhone in the Philippines is if you will be going back there. If not then if anything goes wrong you will run in to problems with servicing but I suppose it is cheap enough to take a chance. If you want value for money in Thailand then i-mobile, Huawei, Lenovo and Cherry Mobile (limited dealers) would be worth a look. The last three are sold in both countries. Some i-mobile models I've read are sold as Star Mobile in the Philippines so it may be possible to service in both countries.

USB - otg on the a919i must be a mistake, the mtk chipset does not support it, as far as I know.

If you Google "a919i usb on the go" you get lots of hits, make of it what you will.

You are correct, there is even a YouTube video demonstrating it! Never seen this on any mtk phone before though.

Had a china no-brand I bought at Pontip... way too many problems. Want some better quality for my money.Sent from my MyPhone A919 Duo using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Thl is one of the more well known brands in China. There are many happy owners of the w8 (see the XDA forums), including me, because of the good build quality. As I said before, the a919i looks almost the same, with equal specs, so expect the same quality. The iqx might be a step up though.

• Like 1

i-mobile is the Thai equivalent of MyPhone. Looking at the impressive specs for the A919i and I'm not sure you are going to find something similar in Thailand for only 6k baht at the moment. Thailand is usually less expensive for budget phones but the A919i looks to be very heavily discounted in the Philippines.

Thai equivilant meaning same company, correct, so service is easy?

Thai equivilant meaning same company, correct, so service is easy?Sent from my MyPhone A919 Duo using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app
What I meant was MyPhone are a Philippines company with a range of phones that are lower cost alternatives to the big players like Samsung, Nokia etc. I-mobile are a Thai company (Samart group) doing the same thing in Thailand, also in Cambodia, Malaysia etc. (but not in the Philippines as far as I know). Both companies take various reference designs from an OEM and modify them for their local markets. Servicing a MyPhone in Thailand may not be possible as the brand isn't even sold here. Some i-mobile designs are sold in the Philippines but branded as Starmobile so service may be possible there. If you wanted something serviceable in both countries then Lenovo, Huawei or Cherry Mobile are value options worth checking. On paper, the features of the A919i are hard to match for the price in Thailand. Its a six month old phone now being heavily discounted in the Philippines. Great price but you may be stuck if anything goes wrong with it while in Thailand.
  • Like 1