congestion and diet.

h90

Now as I feel that my success is slowing down, I bought a scale and declared the "total war against the fat belly".

Now my daily intake is like:

5 black strong coffee in the morning (not diet related I always did that)

lunch a 0.25 liter non fat milk with protein powder OR some cucumber/tomato/onion vinegar, olive oil salad with 2 eggs or chicken fried without oil.

5 pm, 0.25 liter non fat milk with protein powder.

5.30 exercise together with slowly drinking 1 can of red bull to have enough power.

after: 0.25+ liter non fat milk with protein powder

later when I am recovered cucumber/tomato/onion/vinegar/olive oil salad with either can of tuna, chicken, pork, beef, egg.

That keeps me just OK. I had 1 or 2 days where the salad was finished and I anyway don't like it much, so I ate egg with pork and later just grilled pork and got terrible congested.

Logic if you put only things in that have no fiber than nothing can come out on the other side.

Now weight is dropping again fast, but the congestion problem is existing....Any ideas? Are there any non calorie drinks? Or shall I graze in the garden crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif

water is a non calorie drink cheesy.gif

But it is normal to see a slowdown after a while.

The redbull is a problem as it is filled with sugar and such the cafeine is ok

Personally i dont dislike protein powders but real chicken or egg fills me up better. I hate the hungry feeling.

Personally i dont dislike protein powders but real chicken or egg fills me up better. I hate the hungry feeling.

I don't know how your system works, but mine is split in the liquid part which is doing well and the solid one.....tongue.png

I drink enough (if I don't forget, which may happen sometimes).

The Red Bull is than a help when I didn't ate for a very long time and start to exercise...I drink the 1 can Austrian Red Bull over the time of 1+ hours in very small sips.

Just to get my exercise done. Sugar should be processed without much peak in insulin, if any.

There are days, I don't eat anything at lunch (not even a protein drink), so I have 20 hours without any food on the clock and one can rb brings me thru the exercise. If I eat something before I can forget any workout....

Protein powder is just convenience.....1 min work and I am "full" again.

I don't know how your system works, but mine is split in the liquid part which is doing well and the solid one.....tongue.png

The Red Bull is than a help when I didn't ate for a very long time and start to exercise...I drink the 1 can Austrian Red Bull over the time of 1+ hours in very small sips.

Just to get my exercise done. Sugar should be processed without much peak in insulin, if any.

There are days, I don't eat anything at lunch (not even a protein drink), so I have 20 hours without any food on the clock and one can rb brings me thru the exercise. If I eat something before I can forget any workout....

You are right.. you are extreme. You told me before if you do 20 hours without food. I really cant my body starts to complain then. However right now I don't need to loose more so I am ok.

You should read into calorie or carb cycling to keep your metabolic rate going.

You are right.. you are extreme. You told me before if you do 20 hours without food. I really cant my body starts to complain then. However right now I don't need to loose more so I am ok.

You should read into calorie or carb cycling to keep your metabolic rate going.

the 20 hours are more the exception...but it happens sometimes when I am too busy and forget to eat. The funny thing is, if I don't work with weights, I could go longer than 20 hours without food and without complains from my body. It is almost like, if you over a point you don't get hungry anymore.

Just when lifting weights, it seems the sugar demand is higher than the liver can supply in a short time from splitting amino acids.

Walking for example is OK, no problem.

I don't have a metabolic rate problem. Actually I am overly active, almost manic. (And a bit brittle in communication with other people). Also I need less sleep.

Things like working all the day on the CNC lathe, which made me very tired before (because I am not used to it and it can be 12-14 hours), doesn't bother me at all now. I think I am complete in the ketone body metabolic system now. That seems to work very well unless I burn too much sugar by lifting weights.

Anyway not long to go anymore, before the target is reached and slowly food amount is increased.

I'm not sure about the milk powder and red bull - the first has lots of lactose and the second lots of glucose. When I put that much sugar in me it makes me hungry.

I would definitely add more greens to your diet. Also, try some pumpkin/squash (chop it up and steam in the microwave for 5 minutes, is very tasty, full of fiber, and fairly low carb as well). Plus. it's cheap! :)

I'm not sure about the milk powder and red bull - the first has lots of lactose and the second lots of glucose. When I put that much sugar in me it makes me hungry.

I would definitely add more greens to your diet. Also, try some pumpkin/squash (chop it up and steam in the microwave for 5 minutes, is very tasty, full of fiber, and fairly low carb as well). Plus. it's cheap! smile.png

Tom,

Not everyone is lactose intolerant. Europeans are not.

I would definitely add more greens to your diet. Also, try some pumpkin/squash (chop it up and steam in the microwave for 5 minutes, is very tasty, full of fiber, and fairly low carb as well). Plus. it's cheap! smile.png

Tom,

It's not about intolerance, it's just about the sugar (lactose is a sugar).

Tom,

It's not about intolerance, it's just about the sugar (lactose is a sugar).

I know it is but not all sugars are evil actually protein power is a way to get extra proteins at real low caloric value.

Will try pumpkin.....Thanks!

Milk...yes the sugar is an issue. But non fat milk with protein powder has a lot protein for the relative little sugar. So it is a good compromise.

Protein powder with water is just not drinkable for me.

Red Bull: During exercise when the blood sugar level is already too low, sipping it in very small amounts over an hour. That doesn't bring the insulin really up. It doesn't make me hungry.

I know it isn't a good solution. But if it is lets say 6pm, and I would eat something, than I would have to wait till 7.30-8 till I can start exercise. But than I am already too tired or if not and I do it, than I can't sleep well afterwards. So boosting myself with the red bull is the best out of some bad options......

• Like 1

Too be honest, a bit of sugar from milk or protein powder isnt going to do much harm if all other things are good. Before i took protein powder with water, its not tasty but its doable if you really need to watch the calories. I also used to mix it with yogurt and musli and berries for a good meal. Now I am cutting the grains even healthy ones out a bit more. Just to see.

I don't actually need to loose weight but I am going to try to see what it will do and if i can get even leaner or build some more muscles. Will see will be an interesting year.

Too be honest, a bit of sugar from milk or protein powder isnt going to do much harm if all other things are good. Before i took protein powder with water, its not tasty but its doable if you really need to watch the calories. I also used to mix it with yogurt and musli and berries for a good meal. Now I am cutting the grains even healthy ones out a bit more. Just to see.

I don't actually need to loose weight but I am going to try to see what it will do and if i can get even leaner or build some more muscles. Will see will be an interesting year.

yes I think it is too less to matter, and I worry what would happen if you really on zero carbs. That might be too unnatural. I still eat carrots (not many) they have also a lot carbohydrates.

Interesting is that for me now carrots taste sweet. And an average apple tastes almost too sweet to be good. And apple is on the sweet level of a cake before.

Taste changes. Just I am really no vegetable lover....

• 2 weeks later...

If you want to stay healthy and have a long happy life, ditch all the pork.

Ever wonder why hospitals usually do not serve pork to inpatients?

It might be that there are jews and muslims around.. not having pork around makes it easier to say its halal (and cheaper). So it does not have to be your explanation.

If you want to stay healthy and have a long happy life, ditch all the pork.

Ever wonder why hospitals usually do not serve pork to inpatients?

yes because of other cultures.....get a bit boring to eat chicken all the time and good beef is hard to get where I live.....