What are they building opposite Park Lane, Soi Watboon

balo

The whole area been noisy for years already thanks to all the construction work going on , but its getting worse now , next to the village built for workers , there's a lot of trucks parked and then we can only guess what they are building , I see no signs , only a lot of traffic.

I just hope to move out of this area asap if I can sell my condo .

Edited by balo

It's called Atlantis Condo: http://www.atlantiscondoresort.com

Also, next to Paradise Park there're building Amazon: http://www.matrix-developments.com/condos/amazon-residence-jomtien/

The "village" built for the workers is actually hosting employees of a huuuge construction company that is the main contractor of dozens of ongoing constructions all around Pattaya. This is also a main parking area for many of their trucks, including a mini gasoline station and a cleaning stand, as well as a sand/land delivery center with large amount of land storage.

Truck Parking:

oI5EAZK.jpg

PexXXvT.jpg

Employee housing on the left (it goes further than what we can see on the picture):

t9vz80W.jpg

5o7gZ61.jpg

The land storage on the right:

M2MgVni.jpg

Employee's Children playing on the said land:

6h5O90L.jpg

Office (i.e. "Party") Area:

cPTBgvd.jpg

Back Entry of Atlantis Condo under construction (top of picture) and Washing Stand (bottom of picture):

PY85HzH.jpg

Since they've built this green barrier 10 days ago, the traffic at the street entrance is getting worse considering all the motorbike taxis drivers standing in the middle of the street, the bath bus and food vendors too:

XyVIHht.jpg

We're talking about thousands of people working and living right here. That brings A LOT of noise, traffic, etc. We can hear loud music almost each day, starting as early as 6:30AM (!!!). Regarding the trucks, they start leaving their spot at around 4:00 AM and that makes A LOT of noise! In the evening it's terrible too, the last truck comes back sometime at 2:00AM so that leaves you about 2h to sleep! and it just goes stronger, louder, longer, later and sooner as the time goes. I'm not even mentioning the horrible dust flying all around from the land storage/distribution center. It goes in your eyes, on your balcony, on your vehicle, everything!

Park Lane is now almost occupied by Russians that don't own but rent, and who rented with a tour package before seeing the place. It's almost impossible to sell in Park Lane now, I have a few friends that own a condo there and they can't sell it, and we're not even talking about selling above the purchase price!!! Perhaps if your unit is on the swimming pool side, then you might have a chance, otherwise it sucks!

Edited by koeko
  • Like 1

Thanks for the report.

I live in Paradise Park , and I don't hear the trucks that much but the village people is the big problem , I have an outside view and I hear karaoke music all night and a lot of shouting and screaming during daytime and of course the construction work at Amazon .

Russians everywhere as you would expect , will try to find a rented place somewhere , maybe View Talay, and will sell this under market price if its possible.

BTW , Do they empty the trash at your place?? It's been 5 days and it smells terrible now, garbage cans are full and the office here just shake their heads!

Edited by balo

Thanks for the report.

I live in Paradise Park , and I don't hear the trucks that much but the village people is the big problem , I have an outside view and I hear karaoke music all night and a lot of shouting and screaming during daytime and of course the construction work at Amazon .

Russians everywhere as you would expect , will try to find a rented place somewhere , maybe View Talay, and will sell this under market price if its possible.

BTW , Do they empty the trash at your place?? It's been 5 days and it smells terrible now, garbage cans are full and the office here just shake their heads!

I could be wrong, but I think that Paradise Park will actually gain in value during the next year or two once Amazon is completed. Paradise Park is still very new so maybe it's too early to sell? I don't know, hard to tell what will happen!

You could also rent the unit for one year at 12k bahts/month (that's 144000 baht benefit minus the maintenance fee) and then sell it.

There is lots of empty land on the other side of Watboon for them to build on when they have finished the buildings near Park Lane.

There are a couple of high-rises going up along there also.

Personally I always thought it was a bad area to live/stay in due to the lack of a regular baht-bus route, let alone the potential construction activity. That said when compared to the location of the Venetian (stuck out on its own in the middle of a swamp) Park Lane looks like the centre of the universe.

It's called Atlantis Condo: http://www.atlantiscondoresort.com

Also, next to Paradise Park there're building Amazon: http://www.matrix-developments.com/condos/amazon-residence-jomtien/

The "village" built for the workers is actually hosting employees of a huuuge construction company that is the main contractor of dozens of ongoing constructions all around Pattaya. This is also a main parking area for many of their trucks, including a mini gasoline station and a cleaning stand, as well as a sand/land delivery center with large amount of land storage.

Truck Parking:

Guess who got a new camera for Xmas? Wot,no pics of the latrines?

oI5EAZK.jpg

PexXXvT.jpg

Employee housing on the left (it goes further than what we can see on the picture):

t9vz80W.jpg

5o7gZ61.jpg

The land storage on the right:

M2MgVni.jpg

Employee's Children playing on the said land:

6h5O90L.jpg

Office (i.e. "Party") Area:

cPTBgvd.jpg

Back Entry of Atlantis Condo under construction (top of picture) and Washing Stand (bottom of picture):

PY85HzH.jpg

Since they've built this green barrier 10 days ago, the traffic at the street entrance is getting worse considering all the motorbike taxis drivers standing in the middle of the street, the bath bus and food vendors too:

XyVIHht.jpg

We're talking about thousands of people working and living right here. That brings A LOT of noise, traffic, etc. We can hear loud music almost each day, starting as early as 6:30AM (!!!). Regarding the trucks, they start leaving their spot at around 4:00 AM and that makes A LOT of noise! In the evening it's terrible too, the last truck comes back sometime at 2:00AM so that leaves you about 2h to sleep! and it just goes stronger, louder, longer, later and sooner as the time goes. I'm not even mentioning the horrible dust flying all around from the land storage/distribution center. It goes in your eyes, on your balcony, on your vehicle, everything!

Park Lane is now almost occupied by Russians that don't own but rent, and who rented with a tour package before seeing the place. It's almost impossible to sell in Park Lane now, I have a few friends that own a condo there and they can't sell it, and we're not even talking about selling above the purchase price!!! Perhaps if your unit is on the swimming pool side, then you might have a chance, otherwise it sucks!

It is true that one really needs to consider an empty lot next to where they want to buy as we all know that there is no such thing as "an empty lot" but just a lot for future construction.

One is better off to buy in a fully developed area and be happy with what is there.

Moved out of Park Lane a couple of months ago I could see what was going to happen my car was always covered in dust, and bought in Bang Chang on the beach no one can build my view out and the prices are far below Pattaya and Jontien prices a very quite and peaceful place to live without the crazy seasonal traffic and 30 mins to Rayong for the big shops

Moved out of Park Lane a couple of months ago I could see what was going to happen my car was always covered in dust, and bought in Bang Chang on the beach no one can build my view out and the prices are far below Pattaya and Jontien prices a very quite and peaceful place to live without the crazy seasonal traffic and 30 mins to Rayong for the big shops

wow that's quite a big move!

don't you feel too lonely? are there any other foreigners where you live?

There's also Bang Saray, about 15Km from Jomtien heading south, it's really nice but not so cheap.

I tried once to rent in a far away location, and I felt really lonely. I didn't mind to be isolated (I actually love nature and peaceful environments), but I didn't had any friends and was the only foreigner, making me feel really lonely. I couldn't bear it so I came back to Pattaya (i.e. Farangland) in a sec!!!

• Like 2

Ban Chang is nice enough to visit for a day or two but it is just too far from civilisation for me to live there. I like to be walking distance from at least 50 sensibly priced restaurants of varying nationalities and from Ban Chang you really have to drive to Pattaya to find that.

I have on occasions considered buying a condo in Ban Chang for stays of a day or two every week or so, but luckily I have always come to my senses in time.

Oh, and whilst it is nice and quiet during the week the beach gets much too busy for my taste at weekends. Thai day-trippers are very noisy.

• Like 2

Thanks for the report.

I could be wrong, but I think that Paradise Park will actually gain in value during the next year or two once Amazon is completed. Paradise Park is still very new so maybe it's too early to sell? I don't know, hard to tell what will happen!

You could also rent the unit for one year at 12k bahts/month (that's 144000 baht benefit minus the maintenance fee) and then sell it.

I have never experienced so much noise from the workers village than today ! They are using amplifiers and big loudspeakers facing Paradise Park and the whole building is shaking ! Unbelievable, I talk to the security guards protecting the village but nothing happens.

I have sent a complaint to Iguana office , if it's not construction noise from Amazon it's karaoke and music all day and night . I was so upset today , its New Years day , only slept for 2 hours and around 8 AM the music starts! I was thinking about going inside the village and unplug the amplifier but then I would probably risk my life,

Security guards are just laughing , its only floor 3 to 8 facing amazon that have the worst noise , 1st floor are more protected .

I am so <deleted>**ing tired of this place !!!

Edited by balo

I'm suffering through the same noise from Atlantis and I'm on 2nd Road. As I write this I think they are murdering a cat on stage. Still, makes a change from the deep bass they produced all day.

They should be packing up their big sound system tomorrow as it's back to work day.

hahaha, some people had a very good idea to buy one a these condos... hahaha...

But seriously, I wonder if anybody who can think more than 5 seconds would have bought a condo with an empty land in front ?

Sorry for you guys :-)

I nearly bought a condo on the southern side of Royal Hill but what put me off was the big open space next to it. I thought they might build something there and lo and behold they are building a 1,000 unit condo Grande Caribbean right next door.

I'm suffering through the same noise from Atlantis and I'm on 2nd Road. As I write this I think they are murdering a cat on stage. Still, makes a change from the deep bass they produced all day.

They should be packing up their big sound system tomorrow as it's back to work day.

No it's day 2 and they are not working, today they started at 5 Am !!! First music and then the karaoke from 8Am . I tried ear plugs but the noise is just too loud. I am desperate for some sleep now.

I think my russian neighbour will move to a hotel . Everyone is just so tired of this.

Sent from my SM-P601 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by Rimmer
We all feel for you, but please dont swear, thanks

I've got some good news for you - you will get used to the noise. The sooner you resign yourself to it the better. If you fight it the process will take longer.

Here's a tip - start sleeping to music played at a volume that drowns out the exterior noise. This method allowed me to sleep through piling on a building construction site next door to where I live. After 18 months of construction the noise doesn't bother me much at all, and I don't need to sleep with music on.

One thing is for sure, they don't care about how much noise they make. There's a 32 floor (Nova Group) high rise going up 100 meters from my place. Whenever they do a new floor they pump concrete until 5 am. That's at least once every 2 weeks.

Edited by tropo

Have you complained to City Hall and the police? If not, you should. If you can get other residents to complain so much the better.

Probably a waste of time. Building construction is a high priority here and takes precedent over anything else. If they can legally pump concrete all night, what's the use of trying to stop daytime (or early evening) noise.

Edited by tropo

I've got some good news for you - you will get used to the noise.

I could never get used to noise and I would rather just move than try. At a pinch I might put up with noise for a certain (short) length of time but I could never accept it as a permanent feature. As far as I'm concerned life's just too short to subject oneself to anything unpleasant for more than a brief transitory period.

It's not as if there aren't quiet locations to be found here, even near the various centres of shops and night-life. I live in such a place.

Have you complained to City Hall and the police? If not, you should. If you can get other residents to complain so much the better.

Probably a waste of time.

Likely enough, but it cant do any harm and if enough people complain some good just might come of it.

I've got some good news for you - you will get used to the noise.

I could never get used to noise and I would rather just move than try. At a pinch I might put up with noise for a certain (short) length of time but I could never accept it as a permanent feature. As far as I'm concerned life's just too short to subject oneself to anything unpleasant for more than a brief transitory period.

It's not as if there aren't quiet locations to be found here, even near the various centres of shops and night-life. I live in such a place.

Getting used to noise is a psychological battle and if you're not prepared to try you'll never succeed. You'll be running away from noise your whole life. It's a choice you make.

As long as the noise is below destructive decibel level, the only problem is the way you react to it. You create the stress, not the noise. You fixate on the noise until it drives you crazy.

Obviously a condo development is a "transitory period" as the noise will be over once the condo is finished. "brief" is subjective.

I'm currently near the end of one of these "brief transitory periods" as I've been living next to a condo development since piling started in June 2012. My side wall is a few meters away from the condo they're building. 100 meters away they're about half way up on a 36 (32? not sure) high rise where they pour concrete until 5 am on new floors. On the back side about 80 meters away they've finished another large high rise of about 25 floors.

I know a thing or two about living next to or near condo developments...and would you believe I actually sleep through construction noise as I usually wake up in the early afternoon... which is not such a bad thing was I'm awake during the night when things are quieter. In actual fact construction noise can be easy to cope with because it's a constant loud hum. Quiet periods punctuated by sudden loud sounds are harder to sleep through... but also quite possible with practice. Of course if a loud sound startles you and you get annoyed by it, you'll find it hard to get back to sleep. It's all in the head.

Yes, you can always run off looking for quiet places to live, but the easier way is to become more tolerant toward noise. I learnt this by observing my wife and other Asians. They don't obsess about noise like most foreigners do. If they're tired they sleep no matter what noise is around them. When I visit Australia I'm tip-toeing around the house at night so I don't disturb people because any little noise disturbs them. I now find it annoying being around people who are too sensitive to noise. I can make all the loud noises I wish in the house while the wife is sleeping...playing music loud, banging stuff in the kitchen, talking on the phone - whatever. She won't be disturbed.

I figure if they can do it so can I. When I visit my wife's rural town in the Philippines I sleep quite soundly until about 10 am next to a dozen cocks crowing from 4 am... with windows wide open. The human mind is capable of coping quite well with sounds.... if you're willing to make an effort.

Maybe my advice will help some people who are willing to make an effort. Perhaps some people found a nice condo and don't want to move.

My first advice would be to buy those thick security glass windows and doors. They're expensive but block out a lot of noise. This is where the hot climate comes in handy as many of us close the doors and windows and put on the air-conditioners, which also block quite a bit of sound.

Edited by tropo

What you describe still just sounds like putting up with the problem to me, and I simply wont do that. I prefer to remove the problem.

As for "running away from noise your whole life", my condo is not unreasonably noisy and because of its location it is most unlikely ever to be so. There are many buildings that I could have moved into that appear more likely to become noisy at some point, and that is why I didnt move into them.

All that said, if ever my condo did become noisy I would just move rather than put up with it, especially as a noisy condo by definition could never be a condo I would want to live in. There are plenty of other buildings around that aren't noisy and are not likely to become so, so why put up with something one doesn't like? Life's too short, as I mentioned.