Yellow scorpion are they dangerous

WilliamCave

I was sitting having a coffee about 10 minutes ago and my dog made me aware of a yellow looking scorpion. It was about 2 inches long yellowish in color

Any one see one like this before , sorry don't have a pic to show could only describe it

Was not bit from it , not to sure about dog if she was bit.

Thanks in advance

I was stung by a yellow coloured scorpion in Thailand a few years ago, it was about 1.5 inches long.

It did hurt (or was uncomfortable more like) for some time, slight swelling but nothing drastic.

Edited by soihok
  • Like 1

There are a few different kinds of scorpions in Thailand, none of them are lethal. But can be very painful, especially the reddish/yellow ones. Locals just rub some tiger balm on it against the swelling.

In Morocco and other parts of Africa they do have lethal scorpions.

• Like 2

One nice rule of thumb in gauging the potency of a scorpion, is that large pincers = milder venom (as they can use them to subdue their prey or attackers....Thailand has very few highly venomous Arachnids or invertebrates. The real danger comes through anaphylctic reaction to the venom. In North Africa I'd be far more wary of scorpions than here....

• Like 1

as Will Ta says... the new movie Riddick and also Indiana Jones in the Crys skull... " it's the small ones you have to worry about about"... but yes painful but maybe not lethal... the big centipide ones i hear are nasty with the dark red back...also soi dogs... got bit by one a few years ago and thought no sweat... but the next day my ankle swoll up pretty good...basically anything with 0-2-3-4-6-8 legs here be careful it doesn't bite you 5 5 5