Thai PM calls for peaceful end to political crisis

Lite Beer

well just go away along with rest of your evil clan hardly wanting peace when they put up all clan members as MP's in party list and stuff every important post with their own family members and cronies

I just hope whole rotten evil lot would sink into slime they came from

Iguess you want a dictatorship?

no i want Thailand to escape from one it is in

• Like 1

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Did she include a picture of herself crying to go with the FB post?

Do you think you could do a better Job??? I dought it. Atleast she has not told the police and the army to soot to kill like the preveouse government did.

The old lady who sells fish in our local market in Chiang Mai could do a better job.

And I bet she would be on the job seven days a week, not <deleted> off on overseas shopping trips on a regular basis and wasting even more of the population's money. biggrin.png

Overseas shopping trips eh? Plenty of proof of that, I take it, or just more childish innuendo?

I suppose you believe Thaksin runs the entire country of Thailand in between his business trips and that the only corruption that takes place is to benefit Thaksins personal bank account (which must be pretty full now considering he's apparently bankrupted Thailand)? coffee1.gif

Do you think you could do a better Job??? I dought it. Atleast she has not told the police and the army to soot to kill like the preveouse government did.

The old lady who sells fish in our local market in Chiang Mai could do a better job.

And I bet she would be on the job seven days a week, not <deleted> off on overseas shopping trips on a regular basis and wasting even more of the population's money. biggrin.png

Overseas shopping trips eh? Plenty of proof of that, I take it, or just more childish innuendo?

I suppose you believe Thaksin runs the entire country of Thailand in between his business trips and that the only corruption that takes place is to benefit Thaksins personal bank account (which must be pretty full now considering he's apparently bankrupted Thailand)? coffee1.gif

Yeah, i saw he had taken a "business trip" to N Europe. There was a pic of him cuddled up close in between two young lassies.

I think a lot of people would do a better job then Poo. She's out of her depth and she would never have gotten a job a senior executive her brother's company, let alone PM of this country if it weren't for family ties. All she's good at is shopping, 'inspecting' road works and crying at press conferences. Blood useless.

She doesn't dare move on the protestors because she has little support from the army. They're not going to shoot the protestors and if she ordered the police to do it, the army would be against her.

Why would she want to shoot the protesters in the first place?

The obvious, most peaceful way is to arrest the leaders of the insurrection and take them to court. This of course is only viable if the court doesn't then go and grant bail to them so they can carry on stirring up the sheeple. Of course, with Thaksin having the entire Judiciary system under his control, that situation would never arise whistling.gif

Edited by fab4

So on her 50 ? trips to various countries so as not to be around, you think she didn't use them for shopping ????

Even the most impartial person would say yes he is in control, and not only he would get benefit, but family and all the ones in the trough. These being persons that benefit from government contracts---a whole army of them-no proof needed, ask the Thai treasury, audit department.

• Like 1

"You want to return and convicted criminal, presumably whitewashing his conviction and nullifying outstanding charges, into a position that he resigned from, took back illegally, and had to be removed from?"

"Why do you think the Yingluck government's attempted whitewash amnesty bill caused so much conflict? (Clue, it has to do with the person you think is the rightful PM)."

TS is the Robin Hood of Siam.

Robin Hood was a righteous so-called "criminal".

The corrupt wicked legal systems of their times found them guilty of criminal wrong doing.

So what? This is something they both wear as a badge of honor!

TS has been leading Thailand the last few years through his sister YLS. Righteously so.

But carry on with the shallow remarks, calling Robin Hood a "criminal".

I will henceforth refer to him by his real name! Robin Hood.

One of the people Robin Hood is based upon was exiled because he was a rapist. Suitable alias for a man who has treated Thailand the way the DL has. Edited by Bluespunk

"You want to return and convicted criminal, presumably whitewashing his conviction and nullifying outstanding charges, into a position that he resigned from, took back illegally, and had to be removed from?"

"Why do you think the Yingluck government's attempted whitewash amnesty bill caused so much conflict? (Clue, it has to do with the person you think is the rightful PM)."

The corrupt wicked legal systems of their times found them guilty of criminal wrong doing.

TS has been leading Thailand the last few years through his sister YLS. Righteously so.

One of the people Robin Hood is based upon was exiled because he was a rapist. Suitable alias for a man who has treated Thailand the way the DL has.
Lol. Robin Hood. Yes, there were some charming little ditties & verse for the kiddies about taking from the rich & giving to the poor. But the story is ACTUALLY about standing up to & fighting back against tyranny, oppression, and, yes, corruption. Anyway, Thaksin's role in this is that of the usurper (with the large, public-trough fed treasure chambers) King John, not Robin Hood! ('Guess there's an opening here somewhere though for court jester. You (@oldthai) do seem qualified by virtue of your penchant for putting new "twists" on old stories. Interested?) Edited by hawker9000

I think a lot of people would do a better job then Poo. She's out of her depth and she would never have gotten a job a senior executive her brother's company, let alone PM of this country if it weren't for family ties. All she's good at is shopping, 'inspecting' road works and crying at press conferences. Blood useless.

She doesn't dare move on the protestors because she has little support from the army. They're not going to shoot the protestors and if she ordered the police to do it, the army would be against her.

The obvious, most peaceful way is to arrest the leaders of the insurrection and take them to court. This of course is only viable if the court doesn't then go and grant bail to them so they can carry on stirring up the sheeple. Of course, with Thaksin having the entire Judiciary system under his control, that situation would never arise whistling.gif

Why would she want to shoot the protesters in the first place? She doesn't need to - some other people/group are already doing that.

The notion of Thaksin controlling the entire judiciary system is a straw man argument which seems a speciality of yours. The bail system here is a complete farce. Convicted killers are given bail and so were some of the red shirt leaders - in case you missed it. No, the red acolytes follow the PTP/red line that the CC & Admin court judges are controlled by the mythical 'amart'. Only when they rule against the PTP of course.

Yes, judges can be organised & controlled as in when Sanoh & Pojamin managed to pick/persuade the 'right' ones to do their stuff in 2001.

Insurrection? The caretaker government used k. Thaksin to start talks with some leaders earlier this year, but that lead to nothing. Only the confirmation that Thaksin's "who am I to do such" from last year was a non-denial.

not sure what all this has to do with the current protests against a non-democratic government

Actually the story of Robin Hood is quite apt, as it is a perfect example of the rural ignorance displayed by you and the red shirts. FYI RH was protesting against the heavy taxes imposed by the regent Prince John, ruling while his brother good King Richard (aka Lionheart) was gadding about the Holy Land. While there, he insulted one of the other european kings, and then had the misfortune to be shipwrecked on that ruler's coast where he was imprisoned and held for ransom. John while raising the ransom almost bankrupted the country and was reviled while the absent King, who in his lifetime spent very little time in England, was remembered fondly.

Thaksin as both a thief and an inept "ruler" fills the analogy perfectly.

• Like 2

One of the people Robin Hood is based upon was exiled because he was a rapist. Suitable alias for a man who has treated Thailand the way the DL has.

Robin Hood, or 'robbing hood', as in the old Genesis song ? whistling.gif

Robin Hood didn't take from the rich and keep it for himself.

• Like 2

"It is the worst civil strife since 2010, when more than 90 people were killed in a bloody military crackdown on pro-Thaksin Red Shirt protests under the previous government."

Wow this is nice to know, as if we did not. But they might want to add that the people that are protesting are the peole that killed those 90 peolpe 3 years ago. They same bunch that cannot get elected and have to be appointed. They now want a dictatorship. Happy New Year Thailand.

Are you suggesting that the protesters out there now were shooting red shirts in 2010?

So on her 50 ? trips to various countries so as not to be around, you think she didn't use them for shopping ????

Even the most impartial person would say yes he is in control, and not only he would get benefit, but family and all the ones in the trough. These being persons that benefit from government contracts---a whole army of them-no proof needed, ask the Thai treasury, audit department.

On her 50 (unattributed guess) she didn't use them to go shopping? And the rest, well, what can I say. Fair enough, at least I know at what level to pitch any further discussion with you (should there be any).

"It is the worst civil strife since 2010, when more than 90 people were killed in a bloody military crackdown on pro-Thaksin Red Shirt protests under the previous government."

Wow this is nice to know, as if we did not. But they might want to add that the people that are protesting are the peole that killed those 90 peolpe 3 years ago. They same bunch that cannot get elected and have to be appointed. They now want a dictatorship. Happy New Year Thailand.

Are you suggesting that the protesters out there now were shooting red shirts in 2010?

Obviously not, you need to learn not to be so literal in your analysis of peoples posts . He means the leader suthep and his behind the scenes dem party colleagues such as abhisit.

Obviously not, you need to learn not to be so literal in your analysis of peoples posts . He means the leader suthep and his behind the scenes dem party colleagues such as abhisit.

Maybe diehard needs to be a bit clearer in the meanings of his posts.

Robin Hood, or 'robbing hood', as in the old Genesis song ? whistling.gif

That would make you an 'aged fairy rocking member'...! smile.png

But I guess your post is apt as Mr. T is currently selling Thailand by the baht.

Edited by bigbamboo

Robin Hood didn't take from the rich and keep it for himself.

You are wrong.

Robin Hood only give out half of what he rob.

The other half was share among his mates in the forest.

Why would she want to shoot the protesters in the first place? She doesn't need to - some other people/group are already doing that.

The notion of Thaksin controlling the entire judiciary system is a straw man argument which seems a speciality of yours. The bail system here is a complete farce. Convicted killers are given bail and so were some of the red shirt leaders - in case you missed it. No, the red acolytes follow the PTP/red line that the CC & Admin court judges are controlled by the mythical 'amart'. Only when they rule against the PTP of course.

Yes, judges can be organised & controlled as in when Sanoh & Pojamin managed to pick/persuade the 'right' ones to do their stuff in 2001.

I ask a question why Yingluck would want to shoot protesters and the best you can come up with is that asinine comment "She doesn't need to" implying she would if others hadn't done.

Strawman argument? I was being sarcastic which appears to be beyond your wit. Have you not noticed the number of posts on this forum that insist that Thaksin has control over the army, the police, the Election Commission, the Senate, the Judiciary, why even the whole of Thailand - quite a regular superman.

Obviously not.

On her 50 (unattributed guess) she didn't use them to go shopping? And the rest, well, what can I say. Fair enough, at least I know at what level to pitch any further discussion with you (should there be any).

Truth hurts you, fine. I said of course she would be shopping on her book of record trips. It was her way to avoid Question time.

I read from your post that you will not lower yourself to get involved in any future chats FINE, I am all for good government fair and non corrupt. If I believe a government is reaping corrupt money from the state amongst other things-that's my idea. Demo-PT or other. I am not in denial like you.

Seeing replies to your posts and not wanting any more chat with me you are losing mates here. Up to you.

• Like 1

today I asked a PAD friend of Anchalee Paireerak about the possibility of such a shut down, the answer: "there 's not a real plan for that, any move by the PDCR can change from day to day, the paralysing of Bangkok... not sure either"

attachicon.gifImageUploadedByThaivisa Connect Thailand1388535378.699930.jpg

we are one day later and Suthep changed the plan of paralysing Bkk the early days after newyear to a mass demonstration on 13 january, "plans can change from day to day".

Given that he is using government policy to blatantly benefit himself, do you not see the need for reform to correct this situation?

Sure - absolutely. But what's being proposed isn't reform. It's the dismantling of the Thai constitution and the shelving of one man one vote democracy. And the tactics being used to pursue these goals are deliberately designed to plunge the whole country into ungovernable anarchy. Sorry, that's nonsense. If Suthep believes that there are grounds for criminal charges to be brought against the government then he should be petitioning the courts to do their job. But he's not. He's looking to instigate a coup d'etat against an elected government.

And that so many posters on these boards apparently support him in his endeavour would suggest that it's not just Thailand that has a problem with its education system.

I thought about that too, About how DSI can not even be used to force the government to divulge information about the rice scheme. Then I realized, that they are part of the Police and it's controlled by Thaksin. Don't take Thais are not smart. It is why the citizens recognized that they need to take control of their government again. It is clear that even though the government is doing such a bad job, there is no mechanism to stop them from harming the country.

I give credit to Thaksin for understanding democracy and picking at its weaknesses so that he can benefit from it. Because the law are weak. Some of the reform I would like to see is:

• Lifetime ban from all government position for all government officials (includes PM, Senate, Police....)caught in corruption and election fraud, voter intimidation,vote buying, abuse of power and criminal acts.
  • If public policies is to be used as part of a election campaign, it must be disclosed on how it will be executed including cost and benefits of the policies.
  • All government projects must be planned out and presented to the public in full disclosure. And it must be put up for debate for it's merit.
  • Project must have set phases and limits and if it goes over, then it must stop for further review.
  • Government must make public all accounting records of all government contracts and project. And must provide it within a certain period of time.
  • Decentralization of the police force.
  • All government official are accountable for their actions.

These are just some thoughts. All the details can be ironed out later. I wonder if the government list would look like mine.

• Like 2

I think She is playing exactly the hand shes advised to, I also think that whatever people like to think about the Shins they are not stupid and are very well educated compared to a lot of the handmedown ammarts the contrast is striking.

Do you have an example of these less educated handmedown ammart to compare the Shins with?

In fact all 3 of Thaksin's children have had 'problems' with their education, either allegations of cheating or privilege

1.Oak- failed at Thammasart, moved to Ramkhamheang where he was found to be in possession of a piece of paper in his top pocket in the final exam.

2.Pinthongta- started at Kasetsart in a faculty that didn't require a university entrance exam score but then she switched to a faculty that does. She then failed the year and switched to another faculty- Political Science with a new ID number( I've never head of students being given a new ID number)

3.Paethongtan benefited from 'relaxed' rules to gain entry to a faculty at Chula

And of course there was the notorious case of the entrance exam papers being 'inspected' (leaked) the day before the exam.

So, I'm sorry Engliskoak( I do hope you haven't taken that name because of Thaksin's son, Oak ) if so I recommend changing it to a tree of high value in Thailand- payung (rosewood) , for in academic circles in Thailand the Shinawat family are not noted for academic excellence!

Just shows how much you missed my point about bits of paper being worthless,rolleyes.gif you are talking about academia im talking about real world application of knowledge and getting really educated. uhhhh Duh facepalm.gif While all the rest are still trying to show off what uni a bit of paper comes from, Thaksin was busy implementing ideas very different to the norm that dragged Thailand forward into the present. That is indisputable. Thaksin blindsided everyone by using new and modern business models. it has f all to do with bits of paper it is all to do with who knows who and contacts or youd better have a very drastic and new idea to throw in, couple both together and you make a huge impact,They are clearly still doing so and the ammart are still playing catch up, this is good for the normal Thai as itll force everyone to change eventually like it or not.

Thaksin realised he needed the previously ignored electorate, until the rest of the country gets that simple understanding,which even now most protesting seem to be ignoring nothing will change.

I think She is playing exactly the hand shes advised to, I also think that whatever people like to think about the Shins they are not stupid and are very well educated compared to a lot of the handmedown ammarts the contrast is striking.

Do you have an example of these less educated handmedown ammart to compare the Shins with?

In fact all 3 of Thaksin's children have had 'problems' with their education, either allegations of cheating or privilege

1.Oak- failed at Thammasart, moved to Ramkhamheang where he was found to be in possession of a piece of paper in his top pocket in the final exam.

2.Pinthongta- started at Kasetsart in a faculty that didn't require a university entrance exam score but then she switched to a faculty that does. She then failed the year and switched to another faculty- Political Science with a new ID number( I've never head of students being given a new ID number)

3.Paethongtan benefited from 'relaxed' rules to gain entry to a faculty at Chula

And of course there was the notorious case of the entrance exam papers being 'inspected' (leaked) the day before the exam.

So, I'm sorry Engliskoak( I do hope you haven't taken that name because of Thaksin's son, Oak ) if so I recommend changing it to a tree of high value in Thailand- payung (rosewood) , for in academic circles in Thailand the Shinawat family are not noted for academic excellence!

Just shows how much you missed my point about bits of paper being worthless,rolleyes.gif you are talking about academia im talking about real world application of knowledge and getting really educated. uhhhh Duh facepalm.gif While all the rest are still trying to show off what uni a bit of paper comes from, Thaksin was busy implementing ideas very different to the norm that dragged Thailand forward into the present. That is indisputable. Thaksin blindsided everyone by using new and modern business models. it has f all to do with bits of paper it is all to do with who knows who and contacts or youd better have a very drastic and new idea to throw in, couple both together and you make a huge impact,They are clearly still doing so and the ammart are still playing catch up, this is good for the normal Thai as itll force everyone to change eventually like it or not.

Thaksin realised he needed the previously ignored electorate, until the rest of the country gets that simple understanding,which even now most protesting seem to be ignoring nothing will change.

The paper is worthless, yet the family has a habit of obtaining it from rather obscure, if not dubious, foreign universities?

One of Thaksin's ideas very different to the norm was a monopoly on mobile phones. Another was a big loan to Myanmar so they could buy out-dated comms equipment from Shin Corp. Like most of his ideas, it slowed Thailand's advance while enriching himself. His business models, especially in regard to politics, are notorious for corruption and shafting his partners.

If everybody in Thailand is going to change to be more like Thaksin, I'm moving. Before you wish me bon voyage, understand that I will be here for a while yet rebutting claims that this thief is some sort of saint or business genius.

• Like 1