Highway to hell? The road to nowhere? Are they still there?

suthansman

Sat in a bar on beach road last night, having a great time, there was a never ending stream of cars, m/c and Baht buses. They all continued on even when midnight struck and the New Year began.

I have visions of those same car drivers driving some endless loop - Beach road, 2nd road, Beach road, 2nd road - all night long and going nowhere. Are these the drivers from hell who died in some previous accident and are now searching for some way to the next life? w00t.gif Are they still there this morning doing the same loop? blink.png

It seems so crazy to me. Why have they not stopped someplace and joined in the festivites instead of being nose to tail all night?

Ah well.......

Happy New Year, everyone - including those car drivers seemingly on the road to nowhere.

• Like 2

I was at the beach at New years Eve, road was packed with cars, all stand still.

Many Thai drivers, maybe new years eve is not a big deal to them,

But lots of foreigners behind wheel too. That always seems strange.. Who wants to sit in traffic for hour after hour at New years Eve.

Maybe they were on their way buy food, is Tesco open 24 hrs maybe? I never been inside Tesco, and dont know.

But maybe they just like to drive.

Edited by valgehiir

It's amazing what profound insights, indeed visions, arise after knocking back a few Changs in a Pattaya beer bar.

Not really all that profound..

A vision? If I had vision after large Sang Som, it would be a dream, hallucination about Beach Rd being closed to traffic for New Year Eye..

Or if really getting into deep, strange visions, dreaming that Beach Rd be permanently closed to traffic.

.. Were you circlying around last night at midnight maybe? :)

Its perfectly ok, some people like to drive.

Happy new year!

:)

• Like 1

It's amazing what profound insights, indeed visions, arise after knocking back a few Changs in a Pattaya beer bar.

Not really all that profound..

A vision? If I had vision after large Sang Som, it would be a dream, hallucination about Beach Rd being closed to traffic for New Year Eye..

Or if really getting into deep, strange visions, dreaming that Beach Rd be permanently closed to traffic.

.. Were you circlying around last night at midnight maybe? smile.png

Its perfectly ok, some people like to drive.

Happy new year!

smile.png

valgehiir, read the OP

I have visions of those same car drivers driving some endless loop

Besides, I thought you were the master of sarcasm around here.

Edited by JSixpack

For most Thai's, with the 5,000 amps power system, they really dont care where they are at, just so people will look at them. They are parked every night, up and down Jomtien beach road, showing how big their stuff is. I could maybe understand if they were 15 years old, but they are way past that.

• Like 1