PM Yingluck silent after meeting with Prem

webfact

Asked whether she has discussed any political issue with Gen. Prem, Ms. Yingluck simply smiled and left the press conference.

It appears this is Yinglucks strategy, smile and walk away or cry and give speech then walk away and smile.

Closed door job. No answers given by the P.M. as usual, just a smile. totally agree with your view.

Look at it this way, Had I thought for 1 minute the P.M. had done a good job in government, I would have thought it odd she didn't explain anything, she should have commented as the media were barred.

This is why posters see the situ as is. her arrogance OR it's not any ones business. <deleted>. this reflects the whole government, you voted us in SO NOW we can do what we like good or bad. Lump it Thai people till our democratically elected term has run 4 years---- Ha Ha Ha.

Your ignorance is on full display with your comment. Discussions with a senior privy councillor are not open to the public. Had any comment been made, there would have been a violation of protocol and accusations of contempt. Do you have any understanding of the role of the privy council in Thailand, or do you just see this as an opportunity to take a cheap shot at PM Yingluck? I'll make it clearer: A PM is not supposed to discuss the details of these meetings. No PM who wishes to continue without an accusation of contempt discusses the meetings in public.

Oh, is she allowed to private message?

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Asked whether she has discussed any political issue with Gen. Prem, Ms. Yingluck simply smiled and left the press conference.

It appears this is Yinglucks strategy, smile and walk away or cry and give speech then walk away and smile.

Do grow up, Waza. This was a private meeting. It would have been the hight of bad manners to have come out of the door and start spouting off about "he said this" and "I said that". If you notice, Gen. Prayuth also had the courtesy to keep his mouth shut.

I just wish your side could engage in proper debate, and not this constant sniggering and bitching about YS as a person..

And I wish 'your side' could engage in proper debate, and not this constant sniggering and bitching about AV, ST and what happened 3 years ago.

She is Thaksin's sock puppet, she has no idea what is going on and won't answer any questions until she has reported back to the fugitive and been debriefed.

Yingluck : Please stop those nasty protestors and let me bring my brother back, please please.

Gen : Can't.

Yingluck : Why not ?

Gen : Not my job, army stays out of politics.

If it turns violent then the army may step in to stop the violence. So those of you asking what the government has to gain by violence, army doesn't always mean coup. If it turns violent the army can step in to stop the violence and force the protestors away as happened in 2010. Depends who causes the violence hence the 'men in black' and the hit and run incidents from the government side, they want as much plausible deniability as possible.

Best post so far - by a mile!

Maybe they should ask prem what was said?

This whole.procession is a slight on democracy.

Indeed, although I would hazard a guess that Prem would be equally tight lipped in light of his unique position.

One can only speculate but I would imagine that it was more likely an invitation than a courtesy call and that she left carrying a message for her boss.

Maybe they should ask prem what was said?

This whole.procession is a slight on democracy.

Indeed, although I would hazard a guess that Prem would be equally tight lipped in light of his unique position.

One can only speculate but I would imagine that it was more likely an invitation than a courtesy call and that she left carrying a message for her boss.

Of course. Its.private. why the press even get invited is bizarre.

It never was.

Except to the conspiracy theorists.

Friendly advice:

"Better remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt!"coffee1.gif

Yeah I was about to use that quote on you. Thanks for posting it yourself.

And some posters here still doubt, that the feudal system led by Amart exists??

This is exactly the system Suthep and his supporters want to keep in place, so even in the future theThais will continue to kiss up and kick down!!bah.gif

High time for a change, but Suthep is not the man to do it with his undemocratic nonsense rhetoric!!

PTP, without the Shins, may be the long time solution??

So the caretaker PM makes a courtesy call to the head of His Majesty's privy council and suddenly we're have a feudal system! clap2.gif

OK then, please explain what the Thai's do have.

• Like 1

Closed door job. No answers given by the P.M. as usual, just a smile. totally agree with your view.

Look at it this way, Had I thought for 1 minute the P.M. had done a good job in government, I would have thought it odd she didn't explain anything, she should have commented as the media were barred.

This is why posters see the situ as is. her arrogance OR it's not any ones business. <deleted>. this reflects the whole government, you voted us in SO NOW we can do what we like good or bad. Lump it Thai people till our democratically elected term has run 4 years---- Ha Ha Ha.

Your ignorance is on full display with your comment. Discussions with a senior privy councillor are not open to the public. Had any comment been made, there would have been a violation of protocol and accusations of contempt. Do you have any understanding of the role of the privy council in Thailand, or do you just see this as an opportunity to take a cheap shot at PM Yingluck? I'll make it clearer: A PM is not supposed to discuss the details of these meetings. No PM who wishes to continue without an accusation of contempt discusses the meetings in public.

Oh, is she allowed to private message?

I hope so some of the ones I get would be embarrassingcheesy.gifcheesy.gifcheesy.gif .

Prem is an ass. She should have just ignored him.

What ??? I would be very careful if I was you, you are talking about a loved and learned man. Why would you say a thing like that, the may have been one at the meeting but for sure never Prem.

Sadly, the terms semi-feudal, semi-democratic, and semi-failed state appear beyond the abilities of some people to fathom or even contemplate sensibly. Never mind - drink up!

Edited by GazR

Do grow up, Waza. This was a private meeting. It would have been the hight of bad manners to have come out of the door and start spouting off about "he said this" and "I said that". If you notice, Gen. Prayuth also had the courtesy to keep his mouth shut.

I just wish your side could engage in proper debate, and not this constant sniggering and bitching about YS as a person..

your side..?????..no-one has a side apart from your red friends, tv,ers on here are just against dems aswell,incase you dont know,dont just pick out the bits you feel will get you some likes,time for you to grow up instead coffee1.gif

• Like 2

It never was.

So...care to explain what Thailand is, if not "feudal"?

Why don't you tell us why you think it's 'feudal'? Please add in evidence, not just your opinions.

Also tell us who is the lord of the realm you owe allegiance to.

what do you mean can't stand her brother? He was his protege as long as he followed the elites orders. They only fell out when Thaksin became so popular that they lost control over him.

They only fell out after Thaksin made it clear that it was time for Thailand to have a president.

• Like 1

This is exactly the system Suthep and his supporters want to keep in place, so even in the future theThais will continue to kiss up and kick down!!bah.gif

High time for a change, but Suthep is not the man to do it with his undemocratic nonsense rhetoric!!

So the caretaker PM makes a courtesy call to the head of His Majesty's privy council and suddenly we're have a feudal system! clap2.gif

OK then, please explain what the Thai's do have.

Khun Gerry is probably here on a two months holiday, so don,t expect him to explan anything about Thai history or the powerstructure of the country, because he haven't got a clue! At best he has been reading a few headlines!coffee1.gif

His bitterness against the reds, is probably based on the fact that an uneducated ricefarmers daughter managed to take him for a house and a car!!w00t.gif

Your last sentence ---may be right if so he will be amongst thousands that have succumbed, so his bitterness is valid.

That was the perfect opportunity to "coup" her.

BTW, where was Suthep? Abhisit? Not invited to the party?

A perfect opportunity to coup her ? ... what a silly reply,

For what reason do you thing she should have been treated with a political coup d'e-tat at this meeting, because she was elected as PM by the majority of the Thai electorates at the last general election, and that might happen again.

I'm not sure that's entirely correct. She was a party list MP so wasn't elected. She was elected as PM by the majority of MPs most of whom would obviously be PTP members.

It's their decision of course but it does make you wonder why with all those experienced politicians in the party why choose a woman who had no experience or interest in politics?

• Like 2

But the military made no comment ewither so maybe.. just maybe.. rather than the b/s scenario you paint, they all agreed to keep their meeting private? How about that for a novel idea?

Actually, it's a system Thaksin wants to keep in place. That's how he controls the North and North East.

The current system is monetarily beneficial to all the "so called elected governments" in Thailand, so hence the yearly ___ kiss.

It never was.

So...care to explain what Thailand is, if not "feudal"?

Why don't you tell us why you think it's 'feudal'? Please add in evidence, not just your opinions.

Cop out much?!

• Like 1

Don't be misled by Shin propaganda, both sides want to retain a system of a powerful elite and the powerless masses. The only difference is who this powerful network of elites would comprise of.

• Like 2

what do you mean can't stand her brother? He was his protege as long as he followed the elites orders. They only fell out when Thaksin became so popular that they lost control over him.

They only fell out after Thaksin made it clear that it was time for Thailand to have a president.

Reminds me of an episode of The Westwing where, as I recall, the Secretary of State explains to a group eager to have a 'real' American-style President instead of a mere Prime Minister that in practice it really only works in half a dozen countries or so around the world and that a parliamentary system is actually better at providing effective government. Maybe not great, but better, and the fact that the UK has managed to maintain a stable democracy without a written constitution lends credence to that view.

Edited by GazR

But the military made no comment ewither so maybe.. just maybe.. rather than the b/s scenario you paint, they all agreed to keep their meeting private? How about that for a novel idea?

This is Page 4, we have been through this 10 times, I made a remark that was stupid as I forgot the meeting was strictly private end of story. If you read the other pages you will be aware of the whole story and posts.

I was put right on the matter.

You are picking out a piece to comment on that suits you . had you read my posts you will understand why I commented against Yinglucks attitude to the press.

OK or the Hush hush re this annual event.

• Like 1

This is Page 4, we have been through this 10 times, I made a remark that was stupid as I forgot the meeting was strictly private end of story. If you read the other pages you will be aware of the whole story and posts.

You are picking out a piece to comment on that suits you . had you read my posts you will understand why I commented against Yinglucks attitude to the press.

But then Yingluck decides she should comment on this strictly private meeting...........

"Ms. Yingluck told reporters later that Gen. Prem has advised her to take heed to New Year message from His Majesty the King, in which the monarch called for unity of all Thais."

Making a mockery of ginjag et al's posts

Edited by waza

Tending to agree but the PTP the Shin's is unrealistic.... So... What to do....

Obviously this country is going much better with the army in charge..... With the king as head of state....if they want....

To all or most of you that have left comments here, I would like to ask you what YOU would do if YOU were in her shoes??????? I dont think YOU would have any idea at all what to do, so one should not critasize what one would not or does not know what to do. Suthep is a killer and is wanted - Yingluck is not. Remember that.

I would have not pretending to be the PM... Just enjoying my ammart position in Thailand and not p.... Off everybody with my greedy bro....

But that is just me.... What about you?

That was the perfect opportunity to "coup" her.

BTW, where was Suthep? Abhisit? Not invited to the party?

A perfect opportunity to coup her ? ... what a silly reply,

For what reason do you thing she should have been treated with a political coup d'e-tat at this meeting, because she was elected as PM by the majority of the Thai electorates at the last general election, and that might happen again.

Elected?? Really?i thought they just bought the job.... Like the chief police job anywhere in the land of smile....

But then Yingluck decides she should comment on this strictly private meeting...........

"Ms. Yingluck told reporters later that Gen. Prem has advised her to take heed to New Year message from His Majesty the King, in which the monarch called for unity of all Thais."

Making a mockery of ginjag et al's posts

What would you like her to say?

"I didn't listen to a word he said. Who cares he's a dinosaur! Our time is coming!"