Hong Kong Travel Advice Needed...

Hong Kong has so much to offer but, we have to narrow it down...

Food: Local, high end, international?

Shopping: Market, high end, something unique?

Places of interest: Temples??

It's mostly about shopping and eating when you come to Hong Kong though and you really do need to know where to go...there are way too many!

A friend stayed at the Nathan a short time back. She said that the room was small. Its also located a fair way down Nathan. The YMCA has a much better location.

If the air is clear, or even somewhat clear, the tram up Victoria Peak is wonderful. The views are amazing. Another pretty neat thing is the Mid-level escalators on Hong Kong Island. I like to take those up and walk around at various points. This one will sound stupid, but if you are there on a Sunday take the ferry to Central, and walk over the HSBC building. There will be a zillion philipine maids taking their day off. I didn't know they did that the first time I visited there, it was kind of wild, just the noise of tens of thousands of people talking at the same time.

For some unknown reason I like the Temple Street market. I also like walking around Mongkok just because its so crowded.

If you have a chance catch the ferry over to Macau, its an hour ride each direction, but its just so different than Hong Kong, it makes for a good contrast.

If you have time before you leave there are a couple movies that I like about Hong Kong, Chungking Express, by Wong Kar Wai which is one of my favorite movies of all time. And the other is One Night in Mongkok which takes place in and around Mongkok, and is an excellent movie also. I think both of these films sort of catch the Hong Kong spirit.

Have a good trip.

We have a promotional package, and can choose between The Imperial Hotel, The Metropole(where SARS started), YMCA International House, or Nathan Hotel.

What are favorite interesting things to do in HK?

YMCA is fantastic. Last time I was there I had a room with a view across the harbour.great location too.