Impressed

Kangawallafox

lostinsurin, on 02 Jan 2014 - 10:34, said:

Costas2008, on 02 Jan 2014 - 09:46, said:

Nignoy, on 02 Jan 2014 - 06:02, said:Nignoy, on 02 Jan 2014 - 06:02, said:

Costas2008, on 01 Jan 2014 - 22:27, said:Nignoy, on 02 Jan 2014 - 06:02, said:

Please....tell me .....where can I find good friends and relatives like yours?

Envy you.

at last kanga a positive thread about Thailand, congratulations!!

But....But.....I love Thailand.

That's why, after 6 years, I'm still here.

By the way....I googled "kanga" and that's what came up!!!!!

The kanga (or khanga; from the old Bantu (Kiswahili) verb ku-kanga, to wrap or close), is a colourful garment similar to kitenge, worn by women and occasionally by men throughout the African Great Lakes region. It is a piece of printed cotton fabric, about 1.5m by 1m, often with a border along all four sides (called pindo in Swahili), and a central part (mji) which differs in design from the borders.

I've been called many things in my life........but a.......colourful garment........never before!

Thanks anyway.

.I googled "kanga"??????? cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

No wait! Kangawallafox err Kanga...............come on you'll get there clap2.gif clap2.gif coffee1.gif

Now I'm lost!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

You're a bit out of your depth with your new bromance. His name is a combination of animals : kangaroo, wallaby and fox. Google them if you want.

To whom it concerns. The phone number to call if something goes wrong with a flight, belongs to my best friend, a HiSo Thai Chinese converted Christian. I am a Farang, 30 years older and atheist. He, his wife and rich friends, work very hard and party even harder. I am the only Farang and only old guy in their circle. Friendship developed out of a business relationship. We trust each other with our lives. We both know that such friendships are rare in Thailand. What is the mutual problem to overcome? Thai respect Farang, but don't love them. Farang love Thai, but don't respect them!

My view is the further you get away from the major tourist destinations patronised by the ugly loudmouthed tourist the better the people are.

It only takes a few tourists to really skew the way 'local' people act and react.

I remember Benidorm before it became a magnet for the 'fortnight' millionnaires. The local people used to be brilliant...40+ years on and the resentment, disdain etc is there for all to see and who can blame them?

Poor thais are flocking to Phuket and Pattaya as it beats working in a rice paddie 12 hours a day for nothing. They get there and they see bloated, foul mouthed, ill mannered, sweat soaked farangs who believe they are gods gift and hardly surprising they fight fire with fire.

There are a lot of nice Thais in nice thai towns and cities that have thus far escaped the 'touristas', and long may it stay that way.

People are polite and understanding and very very generous.

They are curious, which is natural. Nearly everyone has television and they are sucked in by the 'lands of plenty' that are portrayed in the movies etc and are clearly surprised that we would leave such places for Thailand, which is a very unforgiving place ( compared to our homelands ) if you are down on your luck.

Parochialism, inward looking locals and even xenophobia are not peculiar to Thailand. These traits are burgeoning all over the developed western world. I know ( first hand ) my home town in the NE of England would be a particularly 'challenging' place to get settled and accepted by the average newcomer. I've lived in OZ for a good while now ( and consider myself truly blessed by the way ) because my hometown in comparison is ( like most inner city British towns/cities ) chock full of Neanderthals.

Join in, learn the language, respect the customs and you'll have a great time in Thailand.

Yes the police could be better, corruption is endemic ( we're just better at concealing it in the 'West'), but sorry to let you down however, Shangri La is a story not a real place

• Like 1

Nignoy, on 02 Jan 2014 - 06:02, said:

Envy you.

The kanga (or khanga; from the old Bantu (Kiswahili) verb ku-kanga, to wrap or close), is a colourful garment similar to kitenge, worn by women and occasionally by men throughout the African Great Lakes region. It is a piece of printed cotton fabric, about 1.5m by 1m, often with a border along all four sides (called pindo in Swahili), and a central part (mji) which differs in design from the borders.

I've been called many things in my life........but a.......colourful garment........never before!

Thanks anyway.

.I googled "kanga"??????? cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif cheesy.gif

No wait! Kangawallafox err Kanga...............come on you'll get there clap2.gif clap2.gif coffee1.gif

as far as I can make out it is a cross between a kangaroo, a wallaby and a fox which would make it a big jumper that shrunk into a little jumper but it is a sly varmentw00t.gif

Edited by seajae

Am I the only one who finds these types of threads to be moronic? "Hey, everyone guess what I met a person in this country of 70m people that was actually really nice and meeting them made me happy. Amazing Thailand! What a surprise! Just goes to show you! Wonder what I will discover next!"...

You're quite the cynic. Looks like you're much "happier" with posts about the bad Thais.

• Like 1

OP you should take a look at Facebook. You might enjoy all the features available there like letting people know what foods you are going to eat, your day to day experiences and emotional moods.

"Happy!"

"Sad!"

"Enlightened!"

"Content!"

"Toothache. Oui."

Why are you so offended by the OP's post ... and taking it so personally? Are we having a bad day life?

Edited by HerbalEd
  • Like 1

So many seem surprised at the fact there are many decent Thais, why I ask you? It's impossible for them all to be bad! LOL I too have met and have many decent, honest, lovely Thai friends.

I'm surprised at the posting absence of a certain Thai member here. Seems this would be the perfect chance to 'big up' his nationality. Where are you SomDIT? biggrin.png

Envy you.

Thanks anyway.

Come on man you are close...kanga...short for? Hint Skippy

Come and live in Phan village i am treated the same as them,no i dont have to buy them drinks but i do as i would in the uk,these thai people are the most friendly people i have ever met,if you pass a house i get shouts come roy eat and drink this is the way the real people of thailand are,a lady asked me to take her in car to take many fishing nets i waited outside then i noticed party opposite i just looked then suddenly man came up with a glass of beer he said come and join us,they offered me food which they waitited till i started eating then they started,and i have never met this man before i tell you this wouldnt happen in my country.

• Like 2

... Parochialism, inward looking locals and even xenophobia are not peculiar to Thailand. These traits are burgeoning all over the developed western world. I know ( first hand ) my home town in the NE of England would be a particularly 'challenging' place to get settled and accepted by the average newcomer. I've lived in OZ for a good while now ( and consider myself truly blessed by the way ) because my hometown in comparison is ( like most inner city British towns/cities ) chock full of Neanderthals.

No need to single out the NE. The NW is much the same and I dare say other regions of our country. You notice it much more as an outsider with a different accent.

Come and live in Phan village i am treated the same as them,no i dont have to buy them drinks but i do as i would in the uk,these thai people are the most friendly people i have ever met,if you pass a house i get shouts come roy eat and drink this is the way the real people of thailand are,a lady asked me to take her in car to take many fishing nets i waited outside then i noticed party opposite i just looked then suddenly man came up with a glass of beer he said come and join us,they offered me food which they waitited till i started eating then they started,and i have never met this man before i tell you this wouldnt happen in my country.

Ditto for Laos. Hospitality personified.

Am I the only one who finds these types of threads to be moronic? "Hey, everyone guess what I met a person in this country of 70m people that was actually really nice and meeting them made me happy. Amazing Thailand! What a surprise! Just goes to show you! Wonder what I will discover next!"...

You're quite the cynic. Looks like you're much "happier" with posts about the bad Thais.

A big part of Thai Visa for many users appears to be insisting that users feel a certain way.

Yes, there are good and bad people in Thailand why everyone feels the need to start a topic every time a Thai person shows them even the slightest bit of kindness or unkindness is beyond my comprehension. I guess I just don't find it that interesting that OP got over charged for a coffee (his last topic) or that his sister-in-law bought him some Muay Thai shorts.

Sometimes it seems like many of you have just been thawed out of ice and are experiencing social contact for the first time.

Edited by farang000999
  • Like 2