proof of address

Will be applying for a one year extension for a non-imm-o visa soon when my 800k baht seasons,would a copy of my house rental agreement normally be enough for proof of address at Jomtien soi 5?Thanks for your help..

A rental agreement is fine but they may want a signed copy of owners ID card and house book also.

Lopburi require that, also a copy of the rental agreement signed by landlord that they keep.

You should also sign the copies of everything.

Don't forget a letter from the bank issued on the same day as you apply (some may let you get away with a day or 2 before but to be safe, same day)

Will be applying for a one year extension for a non-imm-o visa ...

If you're talking about a one year extension of stay (not extension of the visa) based on retirement , I just did my 7th annual extension at Jomtien and I've never had to supply proof of address. Sometimes I've been asked if I own or rent my condo. I told them I owned and that satisfied them. No proof asked for.

For the 90 day report I use a photocopy of either my monthly bill from 3BB or a copy of my condo's monthly utility bill, which has always been sufficient. Based on that experience I would think they're not all that fussy about what you use for proof, although other offices might be.

quoting from the Pattaya City Expats website:

Although not consistently required, you may be asked to provide proof of residence – if so,
the documents required are usually a lease agreement, rental contract, or house papers (if you
own). If you are staying with a friend or at a hotel, you should get something from them in
writing stating the address and that you are residing there. We suggest you have this
document available in case you are asked for it – otherwise, you may be required to obtain it
before they will process your application (based on reports we receive, many have been asked
for proof of residence; so we suggest you have residence documents with you just in case.
Edited by Suradit69

<<The day before is acceptable at most offices. CW for is same day. A bank book update on same day is needed at the majority of offices.>>

There was a post a couple of months ago (?), someone submitted the bank letter and the bank book update which showed differing amounts.

Both more-than-satisfied the financial requirements, but the TV-poster got knocked back by Immi. because of the discrepancy.

To get an updated bank book update, you need to make a transaction that day. So you may need to withdraw 200B, then deposit it straight away,

then do the bank book update... AA

<<The day before is acceptable at most offices. CW for is same day. A bank book update on same day is needed at the majority of offices.>>

There was a post a couple of months ago (?), someone submitted the bank letter and the bank book update which showed differing amounts.

Both more-than-satisfied the financial requirements, but the TV-poster got knocked back by Immi. because of the discrepancy.

To get an updated bank book update, you need to make a transaction that day. So you may need to withdraw 200B, then deposit it straight away,

then do the bank book update... AA

Or you could make a withdrawl earlier that day before getting your letter then do an update and go to immigration,all the same day?

Or you could make a withdrawl earlier that day before getting your letter then do an update and go to immigration,all the same day?

• I came across that a while back when I was using money in a bank savings acc plus a letter from the embassy.

They would not accept a letter dated the previous day so I went to a bank branch close to the immigration office.

They would not give me a letter without a transaction so, much to the amusement of the bank staff, I deposited 10 b then got the letter, a copy of the book and went back to immigration, from memory the bank charged be 200b.

This time I have money on term deposit so I don't see how a transaction can be needed.