Thai protesters say no plan to shut airports

webfact

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

That means they won't need to use Red Cross vans to deliver weapons like they did last time!

I'm sure you have zero proof of that and I'm sure you're a lying old troll who should be banned from these pages

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Absolutely, ban him, he doesn't follow the party (your) line!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

• Like 1

Isn't that nice of the protestors to tell me they do not have plans to shut the airports. I was in Thailand during the last airport shutdown and the Bangkok riots. I was also just in Thailand during October and November 2013 and I am ready to go back and spend more money on my vacations. However, I am NOT going to go right now because I do think Thailand is getting closer to chaos.

Oh, and all the people that work at the airport will not be prevented from going to work. And the trucks that deliver food, and oil and other essentials to the airport will be allowed through.

I hope they give the same consideration for emergency vehicles, ambulances, people going to hospitals, fire trucks and some of the other things that keep people alive.

Well, they said they would keep 1 lane open. We all know 1 lane is way enough for Bangkok's traffic, not to mention evening traffic.

Most Thai drivers need more than 1 lane to drive anyways, so just imagine the traffic chaos that's about to happen.

Can anyone imagine a group of losers shutting down Moscow or New York because they lost an election? Or how about Beijing?

How soon may we expect truncheons, water-cannon, Tasers, mounted police, police dogs, and gas to control these mobs? Time to kick some hind ends.

• Like 1

They hardly have enough people to block democracy monument intersection tonight. Suthep has overestimated & overstretched his sheep with his grandiose plans. Don't forget that there are millions of government supporters in Bangkok.

You mean to say that Suthep doesn't represent ALL the people? That isn't what he told me.

But it's sooo nice of him not to close the airport. Yet ANOTHER great favour that he has done for me amongst all the others he has bestowed over the last few weeks. I am indeed a lucky fellow who just might get to take his family to Singapore next week to celebrate his daughters sixth birthday at Universal studios. And it's all due to Dear Leader Suthep. I know she will grow up ever devoted to him, just as I am in awe of him.

And I'm no supporter of axxhole Thaksin and his cronies either. If all the politicians left the "people", all of them, could get on with their lives.

I don't think this shutdown of Bangkok has been thought through too well or is it just me?

1507625.GIF

Hmm, it's either a shutdown or it isn't?

Nutter anyway. Good if he deposes 'the clan' without himself being in charge.

It is so nice these days that criminals announced their crime before committing it. They are so considerate. And I think that they feel it's the right thing to do. However, it is sad that the authority side, the side that's supposed to uphold the law of the land cannot enforce their law or chooses not to do anything . So in a way, it's like the criminals are calling a bluff on them.

What crime are they committing?

I understand Kh. S. has 2 outstanding arrest warrants against him.

No they only shut the roads to and from the airport. It makes no difference anyhow to Southerners. They want that all of Thailand lives in a mess like they do with daily bombings and murders. The South is Utopia for the Democrats and their backers. Chaos is what they need. No longer corruption when it comes to infrastructure, only corruption when it comes to the army. Secret payments, kickbacks by the purchase of weapons systems like in Saudi Arabia. The democrats, the army and the elite love this shit. They are the de facto inventors or corruption. Suthep does not like it at all that roads and bridges are constructed in the North and North East, that internet takes over. His henchman can't control the simple people anymore, their daughters do not want to become Abhisit's prostitutes anymore and their sons are unwilling to steal and rob for Suthep's family business, (or get robbed by hardly being paid a living wage).

It is so nice these days that criminals announced their crime before committing it. They are so considerate. And I think that they feel it's the right thing to do. However, it is sad that the authority side, the side that's supposed to uphold the law of the land cannot enforce their law or chooses not to do anything . So in a way, it's like the criminals are calling a bluff on them.

What crime are they committing?

Insurrection?

Oh, and all the people that work at the airport will not be prevented from going to work. And the trucks that deliver food, and oil and other essentials to the airport will be allowed through.

I hope they give the same consideration for emergency vehicles, ambulances, people going to hospitals, fire trucks and some of the other things that keep people alive.

It would be a bit ironic ( never sure if Im using ironic correctly so please forgive me if Im not) if a hardcore protestors house burnt down because the fire engine couldn't get there on time

Why all the trepidation with Suthep's planned Bangkok shutdown. For foreigners you'll see a 20%+ jump in your currency value in the exchange rate for the baht. And that's on top of the 18% you got since September 2013. Got to look on the bright side for your inconvenience.

My 80 year old mother and two of her sisters are coming on the 15th, and 21st of January

for a couple of months to escape the -40c temperatures she is experiencing in Canada at the

moment. So I would really appreciate if Suthep and the AOT would leave Swampy alone. wai2.gif

t. So I would really appreciate if Suthep and the AOT would leave Swampy alone. wai2.gif

AOT has a difficult rope to walk. If rhey close down the airport without it actually being occupied - they'll get flack. On the other hand, if there's a major disaster caused by stressed or absent airport staff, they'll be hung out to dry. They're bound to err on the side of caution.

Edited by retsdon

Thank all the Gods! Public transport will not be interrupted (only flooded with a gazillion passengers and resembling either sardines in a can or circus clowns in a mini, depending on who bathed that day).

Now all the tourists will come!

I mean, what inconvenience could there be with Men In Black, deaths on both sides, shootings of cops, cops of shootings, whispers of a coup, big threats from both sides, the storming of government buildings, the blocking of elections, the bombings in the South, the rip off jet ski operators on the coasts, a raver demanding he appoint the next government, the current government embarassed beyond sentient belief at both pledging rice and passing major bills at 4 AM...and Dubai? Tourists, don't worry, you won't be assaulted like foreign journalists...usually.

All is well! Come spend your money. Since the baht nose-dived, you get more buying power (as long as you do not exchange cash at the airport).

This post is going on eleven tourist websites before sunrise. Here's your sign.

Copy and paste is more powerful than the sword. thumbsup.gif

Yeah. I will copy and paste your post - and identify myself as someone who has been at home in Thailand for fourteen years - with the message that your post is a malicious misrepresentation. That it is loaded with mischaracterizations, partial truths intended to mislead, personal political opinions and moot references to political scenarios which do not threaten tourists. I will say that there are some expats living in Thailand who are real miserable deadwood that incessantly and dishonestly denigrate the place. thumbsup.gif

No Airport closures clap2.gif ... Bless their little coloured socks ! ......wai2.gif

But what about people getting to and from Swampy to train stations, bus stations, Don Muang airport?

Yes, I've been wondering about that. I'm scheduled to arrive 7 am on the 15th at Swampy, and then have a flight at 11 am from DM on to Ubon. What is the route between the two airports? Does it entail going through Bangkok? I've never had cause to go directly from one airport to the other before, so I have no idea about the routes available. I was going to use the shuttle bus, but I think now that maybe a taxi will be the better option. At least a taxi is flexible, route-wise.

No Airport closures clap2.gif ... Bless their little coloured socks ! ......wai2.gif

But what about people getting to and from Swampy to train stations, bus stations, Don Muang airport?

Yes, I've been wondering about that. I'm scheduled to arrive 7 am on the 15th at Swampy, and then have a flight at 11 am from DM on to Ubon. What is the route between the two airports? Does it entail going through Bangkok? I've never had cause to go directly from one airport to the other before, so I have no idea about the routes available. I was going to use the shuttle bus, but I think now that maybe a taxi will be the better option. At least a taxi is flexible, route-wise.

I think some posters will know more about that than me.