Bangkok Police find 'stolen' handgun on anti-govt protester

webfact

Huh..

This is a flagrant setup if ever I saw it, and to be honest, totally expected.

No report at all of any incident of an officer losing his gun on that day which would have been almost certainly reported upon.

Not any report of any police officer actually falling physically into the hands of protesters, all pictures and videos clearly showed that NO contact was made between the two and were actually running battles at a distance.

Too many coincidences regarding his 'highly unlucky' arrest. Which one would say was equally 'highly lucky' for the police and anyone wishing to discredit the anti government protesters.

The biggest question remains, how much are they paying for this setup? Of which there will be zero follow up stories.

Of course the pro gov mob on here will totally shun the obvious as they believe they can laughably use this in their own silly propaganda war on this forum.

I don't usually respond to what some on here might refer to as conspiracy theories, but there have been numerous statements to the effect that the police were not carrying weapons on that day.

There have also been no reports whatsoever of any police officer having been accosted, and his handgun taken away from him, so I have to go along along with your TV monicker and say that this is a BS Police story aimed at discrediting the protesters.

What's the betting that we never see this "security guard" again...!!

This is a police colonel right?

Should he be unarmed?

Is that normal practice?

The riot police do not have side arms. This we all know.

When I read that they tried fiing off the serial number of the gun etc and the BS believes it's all a set up I believe for some any conspiracy theory is better than none.

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

It appears that Bangkok police totally lost the plot. A lie, replaces another lie, only to be replaced by a brand new lie. It's ludicrous. They seem to be taking Thai people for absolute imbeciles.

Funnily, I doubt this has fooled a single Thai person. But it has certainly fooled a few of the 'usual' farang suspects. Even stoking a comment from the wife 'some falang stupid than Thai'. cheesy.gif

Also highly unusual that the normal arresting team are not in the photo which is 90% of the time they are included and looking smug with their catch. Reality says that there was no arresting team.

This story is flawed from top to bottom to the point it is comedy. I especially found the detail about the unsuccessful attempt to remove the serial number, particularly entertaining.. A 5 minute job with an angle grinder in Thailand (the hub of angle grinders), and despite having about 10 days to get the job done..cheesy.gifcheesy.gif

It may all sound implausible to you but then believing in a conspiracy theory suggests a great deal of ingenuity on the part of the police for precisely what reason?

Who benefits?

I doubt the protestors IQ is above 85.

It should be fairly easy to verify whether this weapon was the colonels and they had tried filing off the ID.

I've been on jury duty and witnessed defence lawyers claiming their client was fitted up and the cops created an elaborate mad up statement.

After the verdict the long list of convictions and imprisonments was read out.

complete with black shirt....

I have read all the posts on this thread and although it has been mentioned, nobody has commented on this part of the OP: his fellow volunteer guard, Private Kitti Mahaglan, 21.

Without further explanation, this is strongly suggestive of army involvement in support of the protest group. Or maybe I have got it wrong and the volunteer guards are really Suthep's paramilitary organisation - his MiB.

good job by the police to spot him.... another gangster with gun off the streets...that's good news

I think you are the most horrible kind of human being with all your biast posts. I'm even thinking you are getting a good salary from the reds by just commenting their propaganda all the time. Are you a Chinese follower of the old Mao Tje Tung?

I wonder.

All those reds marching a long way. Taking the country and using it for their own benefits.

"The purest form of Capitalism is Communism"

Don't know who I'm quoting but I'm sure it's been said before

Thanks for the laugh...I haven't been accused of being a communist supporter of a notorious capitalist before and certainly not on any payroll. It's pretty pathetic though when someone can't make a simple post saying that it's good that a thug with a gun has been caught, without being accused of bias and questionable motives. That kind of thinking is right in line with the "thought police" mr Suthep is promoting. Fortunately you are in no position to silence people with different ideas from your own, however much you might wish to do so.

• Like 1

While I have come to expect this almost keystone cop behaviour from the BIB and it would be hilarious if it were not all intended to be serious, I cannot help feeling that this country is being let down badly by one other group of 'professionals', and that is the journalists. How many people who read this story thought within 10 seconds - 'well that's funny, the police said that nobody was carrying hand guns', yet at the press conference not one journalist shouted out the same thing, or indeed a multitude of other questions that would have had those who organized the press conference squirming like worms. It's all too funny. I guess this will be another story that ends up being piled up with similar set-ups by the police over the last two weeks, my favourite so far being the pictures of them putting casfake on a policeman to make it look as if he had been wounded. Never a dull moment in this country :)

Mr. Sura Khaonet, 31, was stopped by police patrols in Bangkok′s Bang Plad district yesterday after the officers noticed him acting suspiciously at a bus stop on Charansanitwong Road.

What did he do?

He identified himself as a security guard at the anti-government protests. Police then searched his belongings and found a pistol, which Mr. Sura explained to have taken from his fellow volunteer guard, Private Kitti Mahaglan, 21.

Is there a need for him to declare as a anti-govt security guard?

Suddenly it is so easy for them to catch the culprit out of nowhere in the public. Hope it is not what i think.

It's all a bit TOO convenient isn't it?

hmmm

Edited by ding

I am amazed how someone who has just been "caught" with a "stolen police handgun" and is facing serious criminal charges and probably adverse consequences for his job and family would be willing to participate in that idiotic and pathetic BiB "pointing" photo op.

My guess is that this is the last we will be hearing of this guy. It is nothing but a PR stunt to feed and please those who are spamming the internet with squawks like "democracy in danger, fascism waiting around the corner, Hitler... Mussolini... Franco..." etc. ad nauseam.

• Like 2

Huh..

This is a flagrant setup if ever I saw it, and to be honest, totally expected.

No report at all of any incident of an officer losing his gun on that day which would have been almost certainly reported upon.

Not any report of any police officer actually falling physically into the hands of protesters, all pictures and videos clearly showed that NO contact was made between the two and were actually running battles at a distance.

Too many coincidences regarding his 'highly unlucky' arrest. Which one would say was equally 'highly lucky' for the police and anyone wishing to discredit the anti government protesters.

The biggest question remains, how much are they paying for this setup? Of which there will be zero follow up stories.

Of course the pro gov mob on here will totally shun the obvious as they believe they can laughably use this in their own silly propaganda war on this forum.

I don't usually respond to what some on here might refer to as conspiracy theories, but there have been numerous statements to the effect that the police were not carrying weapons on that day.

There have also been no reports whatsoever of any police officer having been accosted, and his handgun taken away from him, so I have to go along along with your TV monicker and say that this is a BS Police story aimed at discrediting the protesters.

What's the betting that we never see this "security guard" again...!!

Actually there were reports of officers being captured by the protesters and things taken from them. Can't go back through all the relevant tweets now (not everything is reported by The Nation & BKK Post you know), but here are a couple:

Richard Barrow @RichardBarrow 26 Dec

2:30pm Protest leaders claim to have 5 policemen held captive & they want an exchange of prisoner (Pic @NR_TRnews) pic.twitter.com/oXCAuKp7D2

Jonathan Head @pakhead 27 Dec

@bangkokdave got that. 19 police were also beaten and trapped. Had to borrow civvies to escape.

I was going to say police had also been herded, but that was the day before:

BcT5qGyCAAElgqe.jpg

Quite absurd really. Anyway, I think Khao Sod would report what the police said honestly, but whether the police story is true, who knows? But protesters did loot police vans and take things from police. Army had to step in and remove things from vans so protesters couldn't loot them.

Sean Boonpracong, the chap that does the Ratchaprasong News Facebook said something on there about a 'high ranking' cop telling him about '200 guns' being stolen from police vans. I'm skeptical. But they might've taken a few from there. If the guy was a real guard, I'm guessing they got a tip off rather than happening to catch him behaving suspiciously. I mean, suspicious how? Doesn't seem too plausible.

You won't ever hear any more about this story, I guarantee it.

All the other media would have been all over this like a rash. Google the police officer's name 'Chukiat Wongsitthikorn' and you get the Khaosod report and this thread and that's it.

BSPolice says:... BUSTED!

That doesn't mean anything. There are lots of things you'd think would be reported that aren't.

So the black shirts are Police....? Anti Government guard arrested admitting to an extent his guilt (wearing a black shirt).

I think it may be 5 people shot, one from a known red shirt guard and the rest Anti Government guards or protesters, gee this is going to get really ugly again, not to mention horribly confusing. Suthep has not been arrested, despite charges, economy sliding along with the baht and everyone walks around like nothing is happening. Shame, shame, shame old Siam when will you learn the true meaning of Democracy???I doubt that many of the insecure and those self scented people of Bangkok ever will. Go on get more pistols and bombs and lets see if it enacts any change. It wont... Full stop.

By "self scented' I suppose you're referring to his BO?

complete with black shirt....

Yellow thug with a black shirt carrying a gun stolen from a police officer... Nice guy :rolleyes:

Pretty sure that some on this forum will quickly try to switch the colors to make it more in line with the "peaceful" protest of supreme leader Suthep... and turn this yellow criminal "guard" (paid by Suthep) into something more reddish :D

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Edited by gerry1011

Mr. Sura Khaonet, 31, was stopped by police patrols in Bangkok′s Bang Plad district yesterday after the officers noticed him acting suspiciously at a bus stop on Charansanitwong Road.

What did he do?

He identified himself as a security guard at the anti-government protests. Police then searched his belongings and found a pistol, which Mr. Sura explained to have taken from his fellow volunteer guard, Private Kitti Mahaglan, 21.

Is there a need for him to declare as a anti-govt security guard?

Suddenly it is so easy for them to catch the culprit out of nowhere in the public. Hope it is not what i think.

It's all a bit TOO convenient isn't it?

hmmm

thumbsup.gif

• Like 1

They caught him yesterday, suppose good news travels slowly in this story. Didn,t Police Chief say no officers had guns at Din Daeng,?Hmm gets stranger as time goes on.cheesy.gif

You need to interpret government/police statements.

If they say the police/government had no guns, they are talking about assault rifles, machine guns, etc. Handguns don't count.

Conversely if they say the public/protestors had guns, that means they were throwing rocks, had slingshots, water pistols etc (or maybe even paint ball guns, water rifles and water balloons).

It would be a great surprise if all the police weren't armed at the time with live ammo and handguns. Rifles with rubber bullets, believable.

They caught him yesterday, suppose good news travels slowly in this story. Didn,t Police Chief say no officers had guns at Din Daeng,?Hmm gets stranger as time goes on.cheesy.gif

You need to interpret government/police statements.

If they say the police/government had no guns, they are talking about assault rifles, machine guns, etc. Handguns don't count.

Conversely if they say the public/protestors had guns, that means they were throwing rocks, had slingshots, water pistols etc (or maybe even paint ball guns, water rifles and water balloons).

It would be a great surprise if all the police weren't armed at the time with live ammo and handguns. Rifles with rubber bullets, believable.

Personnally if I was picked up at a bus stop, and they asked me what I was doing with a gun, the last thing I would say is I work for the protesters. I found it, as was just going to the station to report it, good thing you came along, saved me the bus fare,smile.png

• Like 2

This has as much credibility as the Capo saying the police on the roof of the Labour Ministry were protestors in disguise.

The interesting thing is that some of the red shirt supporters actually believe it. Looks like typical BIB modus operandi - find a scapegoat and tell him if he 'admits' to whatever they say he'll get off lightly or completely.

As for the geniuses who corrected a poster who wondered where he comes from - he is a resident of NST. Well I'm a resident of Bangkok but I'm sure as hell not a Bangkokian.

Looking at the guy in the photo - a more unlikely looking 'guard' would be hard to find.

• Like 2

First post so if this has been highlited in this thread or another apologies according to this facebook entry 200 firearms were stolen on 27-12-13

https://www.facebook.com/UDDInternationalNews/posts/722803381063225

27 December 2013 ... that would be the day after the highlighted incident, so that doesn't help with the lie.

If someone did indeed take a loaded weapon away from a policeman on 26 December, then it is clear that the police were carrying loaded weapons despite the fact that they have consistently denied this, and this could once again swing the balance of proof against the people with regard to the shooting incidents.

The only other conclusion is that this "security guard" is a stooge and the whole thing a set up to turn people against the protesters.

Funny haw they never stop any red shits and find a bag full of hand grenades.

I think you are mistaken...

The bad guys, who behave like criminals, violently trying to overthrow the elected government, intimidating their fellow citizens, attacking police and journalists, illegally occupying government buildings, bullying a 10yrs old child, killing 3 red shirts and one policeman, stealing weapons from a police van, etc, etc, etc, ... are the yellows.

No wonder only yellows are caught "red handed" ( if I can say so :lol: )

The reds wisely left the area since a long time (just after three of them were shot at, in fact).

Only yellow thugs are left around, endangering the lives of normal people...

Hopefully the police is there to catch a few of them and make bangkok safer :rolleyes:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

First post so if this has been highlited in this thread or another apologies according to this facebook entry 200 firearms were stolen on 27-12-13

27 December 2013 ... that would be the day after the highlighted incident, so that doesn't help with the lie.

If someone did indeed take a loaded weapon away from a policeman on 26 December, then it is clear that the police were carrying loaded weapons despite the fact that they have consistently denied this, and this could once again swing the balance of proof against the people with regard to the shooting incidents.

The only other conclusion is that this "security guard" is a stooge and the whole thing a set up to turn people against the protesters.

Yeah got that one wrong like I said teething troubles with the 1st post

• Like 1

Yeah got that one wrong like I said teething troubles with the 1st post

Bkkstooge, kudos to you for admitting that...!! The majority of the trolls on here would simply disappear from a thread once they had been found out.

I like the idea of posters accepting that they may have misunderstood something. Sadly, there are far too many on here who cannot see beyond their own blinkered view of reality...!!

Of course, now I'm going to be accused of doing exactly the same thing...!!

"....Police then searched his belongings and found a pistol, which Mr. Sura explained to have taken from his fellow volunteer guard, Private Kitti Mahaglan, 21.

Mr. Sura, a resident of Nakhon Si Thammarat province, ......"

A long way from home....

You didn't expect that all the protesters were from Bangna, did you ?

No, indeed...we have all read the reports of those being paid to join the protests...including the buses from far awa

So what? Do you mean only people from Bangkok are allowed to protest? Care to explain the relevance of your statement.

Try and ignore Prbkk, he is clearly a card carrying member of the fugitive want to be dictator's personality cult of red thugs..

• Like 2