Vote against me if you want me out: caretaker PM Yingluck

webfact

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The ballot box does NOT give you democracy, democracy is how you govern.

We seem to have struck a rich vein of idiocy today. Why bother with all that pesky voting nonsense when you can have 'democracy' without it? Any names yet for Sutheps 'Good People'?

The ballot box does NOT give you democracy, democracy is how you govern.

We seem to have struck a rich vein of idiocy today. Why bother with all that pesky voting nonsense when you can have 'democracy' without it? Any names yet for Sutheps 'Good People'?

For the complete denial persons. You see (but you not want to see) the ballot box gives numbers-these numbers are showing a democratic vote ( if that's possible here ) but what have you got an elected government --if in the case it was Yingluck another 3 years of pillaging ???? you think that is fine because it was at the box ??? you need a scan IF you carry on thinking like this.

On the other hand I said before RAKE in all the corrupt DEMS and PTP and other trough members. Jail them ban them and vote then in elections to elect clean MPs to run the job.

Elections HAVE to be clean and all candidates vetted to make sure no one with a record allowed to be put up.

You want elections with convicted people running Thailand--NO WAY.

if as some claim, elections are invalid due to vote buying, for the cost of 1 to 2 months' rice scheme, the opposition could pay the bribes (500-1000 baht/vote) for the required swing vote... they will probably spend more on rent-a-mobs (and suthep's compensation scheme for those who die for him)

the reality is they don't lose elections because of vote buying (even the more sensible members of the "democrats" such as korn accept this is not a major factor), rather they lose elections because they are less popular than the government

the "democrats" should address their own shortcomings and take power democratically through positive and non-divisive campaigning, combined with a manifesto of policies that offer a prosperous and fair future for all thais (basically cut the hate speech, ask the people what they want, then offer it to them)

but this is too much hassle so instead they will take power by terror again, and as history tells us this will only be temporary as the government's supporters will fight for a return to democracy... and political instability will continue with no hope for peace... very sad

Great idea because the Shin dynasty have more money than the opposition with which to buy votes. Without any reform, the election is simply a financial transaction as it is sold to the highest bidder. The number of posts I have seen banging on about a democratically elected government is heartbreaking. How is buying an election democratic?

paying people doesn't guarantee they will vote for you. The dems paid my wife's family last time and they voted for Yingluk. Took the money and thought suckers.

People will still vote for whoever they want

Doesn't guarantee it but it does help. If it didn't, politicians wouldn't waste their money on it, would they.

Sent from my i-mobile IQ XA using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

demanding reform is one thing, demanding power so that they can make reform (especially in the context that they didnt make such reforms last time they had power) is something totally different... and really quite ridiculous

• Like 2

paying people doesn't guarantee they will vote for you. The dems paid my wife's family last time and they voted for Yingluk. Took the money and thought suckers.

You keep saying this... not everyone is like your wife's family, many will vote for who paid them...

he keeps saying it because it is true but you choose to believe the hype about vote buying

they vote for who they want (and take anyones money) stop spinning the silly lie that someone knows how they vote - they don't

• Like 1

Great idea because the Shin dynasty have more money than the opposition with which to buy votes. Without any reform, the election is simply a financial transaction as it is sold to the highest bidder. The number of posts I have seen banging on about a democratically elected government is heartbreaking. How is buying an election democratic?

Doesn't guarantee it but it does help. If it didn't, politicians wouldn't waste their money on it, would they.

both sides do it and it's wrong and we all know that but the "they only win because of vote buying" is absurd

• Like 1

Elections HAVE to be clean and all candidates vetted to make sure no one with a record allowed to be put up.

Excellent suggestion! Let's have a look at the 499 squeaky clean, whiter than white, morally righteous people Suthep is going to put on his 'Peoples Council' so that we can vet them. Do you know their names?

How much will they be paying Suthep for a seat on his council? What's the going rate these days?

For gods sake forget Suthep---he will not be needed after all this, he is a cleaner amongst other things and he will have to face up to his wrongs.

My last post tells you what has to happen I did not include Suthep he would more than likely on the banned list.

BUT you didn't want to think about this way to carry on--on your mind is the mad man. NOT the Mad corrupt lot in power. you love massive corruption up to you.

All you do is jump on the band wagon and highlight Suthep.

Get on the fence and look both sides. Weigh up the options---1 is re elect this lot-----2 is try to get them out---clean up have an election----sorry to disappoint you but I prefer number 2.

You raise a fair point, ie if vote buying doesn't affect the results why do polticians do it? Chris Baker and Acharn Pasuk in their BP recent article on the "dangerous nonsense" about vote buying (google it for the usual reasons) said that some candidates at elections still do this for fear of being called small hearted or ungenerous.But it doesn't affect the results.

As I have pointed out elsewhere the suggestion that Thailand's elections are other than fair (ie not distorted by vote buying) isn't now a credible one.Of course it's part of the opposition mantra but you won't hear educated and serious politicians (like Korn or Abhisit) making that claim.

There are plenty o otherf valid reasons to criticise the "tyranny" of the electoral majority and lack of properly effective checks and balances.

both sides do it and it's wrong and we all know that but the "they only win because of vote buying" is absurd

Agreed absurd... as is claiming that vote buying makes no difference.

As I have pointed out elsewhere the suggestion that Thailand's elections are other than fair (ie not distorted by vote buying) isn't now a credible one.Of course it's part of the opposition mantra but you won't hear educated and serious politicians (like Korn or Abhisit) making that claim.

Of course vote buying distorts electoral results, the question is rather, to what degree. On that matter, I agree PTP have enough genuine support to do well in elections.

If you regard two of the foremost political analysts (and incidentally strong critics of Thaksin) as absurd, so be it.Intelligent analysis and cool appraisal of evidence is not for everyone.

There are many who share your your view - eg the silly Sino Thai grannies in my moobaan.They and their kind will never change.

Excellent suggestion! Let's have a look at the 499 squeaky clean, whiter than white, morally righteous people Suthep is going to put on his 'Peoples Council' so that we can vet them. Do you know their names?

How much will they be paying Suthep for a seat on his council? What's the going rate these days?

For gods sake forget Suthep---he will not be needed after all this, he is a cleaner amongst other things and he will have to face up to his wrongs.

My last post tells you what has to happen I did not include Suthep he would more than likely on the banned list.

BUT you didn't want to think about this way to carry on--on your mind is the mad man. NOT the Mad corrupt lot in power. you love massive corruption up to you.

Get on the fence and look both sides. Weigh up the options---1 is re elect this lot-----2 is try to get them out---clean up have an election----sorry to disappoint you but I prefer number 2.

I think Suthep has other ideas. He says when he takes over he will seize Yingluk's assets so to do that he must have plans to be in the big chair.

I doubt if Suthep sees it that way. I'm pretty sure he's not planning on spending the rest of his life in prison for the murder and treason charges he faces. So if crook Suthep isn't going to be the APPOINTER, who is? Who's going to vet the appointer? What are the names of the future 'Peoples Council' members so we can have a look at them? A seat on the governing council would be a valuable thing, so who's going to check that they don't pay for their seats? Will their personal finances be open to scrutiny?

Democracy may have its flaws, but it's a damn sight better than the alternative.

• Like 1

I think Suthep has other ideas. He says when he takes over he will seize Yingluk's assets so to do that he must have plans to be in the big chair.

HE may have HIS ideas, but my idea is he will not be in the limelight--not wanted past his sell by date. did his job his way then OUT.

He will never be able to seize any assets -high courts would do that if need be.

He will not take over this country, in the aftermath. SURE. but this family in power will not either.

i didn't say that - I said "they only win because of vote buying"

we can debate all day about 'how much difference' it makes but it's fruitless - but I get bored with those who say "they only win because of vote buying"

they would win anyway I believe and i know Thais will vote whichever way they want but, granted, there is 'influence' bought on both sides and it is plainly WRONG but its not the reason PTP won

All he has to do is lodge a corruption complaint, which is the right of every Thai citizen. And if she is no longer PM, it might even be investigated and reach a court, without some bought lackey changing the definition of the crime, or deciding unilaterally that the case has no merit.

There is abundant evidence that she has danced to Thaksin's tune. As his sister and PM, that is a major conflict of interest. Corrupt policies which have benefitted them while causing major financial damage to the country could lead to the court demanding reparation, especially as one (if not soon both) of the perpetrators are outside Thai jurisdiction.

Edited by JRSoul
  • Like 1

You raise a fair point, ie if vote buying doesn't affect the results why do polticians do it? Chris Baker and Acharn Pasuk in their BP recent article on the "dangerous nonsense" about vote buying (google it for the usual reasons) said that some candidates at elections still do this for fear of being called small hearted or ungenerous.But it doesn't affect the results.

There are plenty o otherf valid reasons to criticise the "tyranny" of the electoral majority and lack of properly effective checks and balances.

Can you think of any other crimes that politicians commit only because they are customary - crimes that actually cost them money, not to mention the other sanctions that apply when they are caught?

Hiding your assets might might fit, if you are a Shinawatra.

Edited by JRSoul

I doubt if Suthep sees it that way. I'm pretty sure he's not planning on spending the rest of his life in prison for the murder and treason charges he faces. So if crook Suthep isn't going to be the APPOINTER, who is? Who's going to vet the appointer? What are the names of the future 'Peoples Council' members so we can have a look at them? A seat on the governing council would be a valuable thing, so who's going to check that they don't pay for their seats? Will their personal finances be open to scrutiny?

Democracy may have its flaws, but it's a dam_n sight better than the alternative.

Those in power are not running a democracy---FLAWS is a very mild way of putting things, if there were just flaws no protests would be on the go.

You see your term flaws is where you are in denial----you have to concentrate on mad men--and others-- Whoever appoints in the aftermath will have to appoint fairly or you will get 2 sides still in conflict. REFORM complete, interim period all those guilty brought to trial, then talk about elections.

No Suthep set up will take place. after this he will never be in control or you will have a similar situ. AND THAILAND cannot have that again. It has to be clean before an election.

• Like 2

I would like to ask everyone to practice tolerance and let time heal the problem

She should go back home to Chaing Mai and tell that to the reds who attacked the group of protesters yesterday.

She could also try telling the ones who have been doing the nightly shootings at the BKK protesters.

yes she should - as Suthep should tell his morons to 'call it a day' stop the intimidation, bullying and violence and use democracy - a democracy that many repressed countries would fight for and preserve

Many on this forum seem to not have been able to peel their collective <deleted> off the nearest bar stool. IF you had, you would know that many opposed to this so called government care very deeply about their country and are not paid to protest against as what they rightly perceive, it going to hell in a handcart under them.

My local head Prosecutor (one of many so called 'elite'), together with relatively poor family friends from the North going to Bangkok/sell their votes for 500 baht. Yeah right dry.png