Bangkok Shutdown: Travellers told to reserve 4 hours before flight departure

webfact

"Yes clearly this is all a ploy to force travelers into purchasing noodle soup for 150THB when it can be had elsewhere for 80THB. I'll give you the 70THB difference if it means that much jethro ...."

Jeez still paying too much. I usually pay 35-40 and great soup. Should be plenty of it available since seems many are not using their noodles these days...

• Like 1

"Yes clearly this is all a ploy to force travelers into purchasing noodle soup for 150THB when it can be had elsewhere for 80THB. I'll give you the 70THB difference if it means that much jethro ...."

Jeez still paying too much. I usually pay 35-40 and great soup. Should be plenty of it available since seems many are not using their noodles these days...

Food court at basement average at 50 Baht per dish.

pang...555

pang...555

Magic Food Point

https://www.google.co.th/search?q=suvarnabhumi+airport+food+court+Magic+food+point&hl=en&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ei=vb7KUpzmLon4rQfQw4HYAg&ved=0CAcQ_AUoAQ&biw=1280&bih=592

Expect mass confusion at สนามบินสุวรรณภูมิ,

Expect taxi / train service hell to the city.

Expect tuktuk fares in the stratosphere,

Expect Thai smile and all the magic of Amazing Thailand, even if there is a camouflaged coup.

Expect a wonderful vacation – no other country can match the Land of Smiles.

Come over / join the party.

I think overnight at the airport hotel would be better.

Better spend a few more Baht than be sorry.

Unless the protesters decided to take Swampy (just like they have threaten to take Krabi airport over the weekend).

I'd be confident the airport action in Krabi is a test indicator and a rehearsal for the already planned seizure of Swampy coming soon - others don't know the planned seizure date but Suthep and his mob almost certainly have make the decision and have set the date. Fascists in a civil insurrection will stop at nothing, will resort to anything - it's like war in that you start out with some rules then eventually throw out all the rules as the heat of war increases, and this in reality is a war.

How many fascist insurrections have you actually taken part in or witnessed?

That's me standing on the roof, if you really want to know.

laugh.png

mussolini-killed-hanged-milan.jpg

Mussolini (second from left) and mistress Clara Petacci (third from left) strung up in Milan, April 29, 1945.

And it's almost impossible to tell the difference when El Duce has his helmet off...

mussolini-photo-poster.jpg

cf55a2ae850da138337fc5d576f8d47e.jpg?ito

Edited by Publicus
  • Like 1

I fly in on the 16th hell or high water. Only hope I find a meter taxi willing to get me to my hotel in Sukumvit where I can hunker down if needs be and stay "under the sheets" for a few days.

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Doesn't sound good

This will be passed on the carriers governments !

Not all governments own national commercial airline carriers or commercial airlines of any sort.

In the United States for instance the government does not own or operate any common carrier commercial airlines.

Obviously the US Air Force doesn't count either. Neither is Air Force One a common or commercial carrier.

All well and good but what happens to those arriving on 13/01 or shortly thereafter? Getting on the airport link will be extremely difficult, given that there is a limited number of sets. Getting onto the BTS will be even more difficult given the likely high usage. Getting from the BTS/MRT to a hotel will be nearly impossible. Not of any concern to Mr Suthep but a big worry for tourists and those Thais whose jobs rely on tourism

6 million people plus think its worth it, the holiday of a few thousand tourist is small compared to the issues they are fighting for.

"tycoon" As a Suthep spokesperson thought you would have known that 6 million people is 7.5 per cent of the population .. A MINORITY !!

What issues are you fighting for ? To install a dictatorship under your hero Mr Suthep ?

Tourism never came back from damage caused by the Yellow Shirts to pre 2008 levels after they took over Suvarnabhumi.

I think the elite really slit thier own throats this time. I don't believe the Army will support the yellow shirts this time.

The Army will not let it come to civil war.

Command staff realize most of the enlisted men come from poor Northern and North East famlies. It would be prudent

not to cause internal insurrection. If they do envoke a coupe, it will not to to appease Suthep.

"Travellers told to reserve 4 hours before flight departure"

It won't help the people who are STILL on vacation OUTSIDE of Bangkok

Travellers are advised to avoid the occupied streets and commute on electrically-driven Skytrain, underground and Airport Link if possible.

As mentioned above,... when people already PLANNED to go out of Bangkok BEFORE those Shutdown news spread,... HOW can they know in advance what will happen in the future? Are they magic fortune tellers who could magically tell predict their own future in advance??? All the roads lead through Bangkok-ONLY-Bangkok.... And about BTS, MRT and airport link,... What if the shutdown affects an electricity shutdown, when people are JUST inside the trains,what then??? Trapped???? Oh Mai pen rai????

Expect mass confusion at สนามบินสุวรรณภูมิ,
Expect taxi / train service hell to the city.
Expect tuktuk fares in the stratosphere,
Expect Thai smile and all the magic of Amazing Thailand, even if there is a camouflaged coup.
Expect a wonderful vacation – no other country can match the Land of Smiles.
Come over / join the party.

So, what you are saying is "Business as usual".whistling.gifwhistling.gifwhistling.gif

Tourism never came back from damage caused by the Yellow Shirts to pre 2008 levels after they took over Suvarnabhumi.

I think the elite really slit thier own throats this time. I don't believe the Army will support the yellow shirts this time.

The Army will not let it come to civil war.

Command staff realize most of the enlisted men come from poor Northern and North East famlies. It would be prudent

not to cause internal insurrection. If they do envoke a coupe, it will not to to appease Suthep.

Oh yeah, and there was nothing happening between the 2008 events and the current protests that would have had a bad effect on tourism. Are you perhaps forgetting something?