How does supercar parking work?

skraach

I thought the supercar parking in malls was supposed to be for cars with low clearance that can't make it up the ramps. But I see standard cars like BMW sedans, Camry and Prius parked in these areas. Do you have to apply for some kind of sticker to park there or do you just drive up and convince the guard that your car is a "supercar"?

In our case we spent a lot of money at Ngam Wong Wan Mall and were given membership of I think it's called Prestige Club . Allows you to use the 'private club room, ...free coffee biscuits etc' and to park on the ground floor (usually valet parked)... if that floor was full they would park your car elsewhere and bring it back when you wanted to leave ... alas we don't have that facility any more.

At NWW Mall, you can also have that facility if you have a City M Platinum Card (again I cannot have one as no work permit) or that Wonderful Thailand card (Thaksin thing) that costs 2million Baht (again don't have one 'cause I'm not stupid ... well not that stupid).

Hope this helps.

Sadly I fear there are some in LOS that would agree with the "Not the Nation" article and not even notice the date.

Wonder how much it costs to upgrade your Camry or Prius to Supercar status in the eyes of the responsible (using the term loosely) Security Gaurd?

I can understand a Camry parking there as the Camry’s clearance is terrible.

If I have too much weight in my Camry the bottom will scrape on every speed bump that I go over.

When I say too much weight I am not talking about overloading the car but just 2 adult passengers in the back seat will do it.

How about supercar parking specifically at Central malls?

I know for their VIP parking you have to spend money in the mall e.g. 60,000 baht gives you 1 months vip parking. There are many conditions such as what shops and what type of goods and services count.

Anyone ever used the supercar parking at Central malls?

Edited by skraach

How about supercar parking specifically at Central malls?

I know for their VIP parking you have to spend money in the mall e.g. 60,000 baht gives you 1 months vip parking. There are many conditions such as what shops and what type of goods and services count.

Anyone ever used the supercar parking at Central malls?

There is one in Central Festival in Pattaya. They even accepted my Benz CLS as supercar! Not really my idea of a supercar. Supercars certainly don't have Diesel engines! cheesy.gif But hey, I accepted the space.

I asked the girls at the front desk in Central Festival and they said officially only 5 types of cars are allowed to park and their makes/models are printed on the pillars in the supercar area:

Ferrari

Lamborghini

Maserati

Nissan GT-R

Porsche