Valid Period for Non-Immigrant Visa Extension of Stay

My Non-immigrant 'O' visa will expire on the 25th of January, and I also have to report for 90-day extension on the 29th of January.

Since going to the immigration office is quite a chore, I'd like to do both at the same time.
I know I can do 90-day reporting 2 weeks before, and 1 week after the 29th january, but usually I'm applying for extension of stay for 1 year, 2 or 3 weeks before expiration.
Could I apply between the 15th and 25th of January to perform both visa extension and 90-day reporting at the same time?

Thanks.

Well slap me silly for understanding what the OP wanted and providing him an answer without consulting with the Semantics Brigade!

Poor use of language leads to confusion and misunderstanding .

Encouraging the misuse of language by "understanding" does not assist!

Just my opinion smile.png

• Like 1

Well slap me silly for understanding what the OP wanted and providing him an answer without consulting with the Semantics Brigade!

Poor use of language leads to confusion and misunderstanding .

Encouraging the misuse of language by "understanding" does not assist!

Just my opinion smile.png

There was absolutely nothing wrong with the "language" that he used! It was the "terminology" that was wrong!

"Could I apply between the 15th and 25th of January to perform both visa extension and 90-day reporting at the same time?" Visa extension should have been "my extension of permission to stay"

Just my opinionwai2.gif

congrats! yours was the only useful reply to the OP in this thread! all the other posters got stuck in semantics and discussion about what this nd that means, although it really does not matter whether you call it visa extension, extension of stay or even 'doing my visa'...:)

Yes