What is considered the "purchase date" when buying a house in Thailand?

My understanding of Thai law is that anything a thai/farang couple buy after they're married should/could be split 50-50 in the event of a future divorce.

I'm looking at a house in a development where they want 20k deposit, 50k a week later when some papers are signed and 20k a month until the construction is finished at which point we pay the balance and take possession.

At what point is the house "purchased"?

When we pay the 50k and sign a purchase agreement, or after the final paperwork is signef, mortgage is approved, payment is made and the house is transferred into the Thai partner's name?

Short version, to have any future legal claim to half the house, would we need to be married before paying the 50k and signing the purchase agreement, or just before she signs the final papers?

The only date that counts is the date that the land is registered ,at the land register office,in your Thai partners name.The Chanote will be issued in her name.

If you marry her after that date then you have no future claim on the asset.

yes i understand but am not worried about who owns as i have a son

More woried about the following

20k Deposit maybe = You have 10 days to purchase or forfiet

50k = Perc of house cost as deposit towards total

20k a month must be motgage payment

I would presume you are buying direct from developer & after the 50k your loan is aproved through them

Sought of same situation

Paid 5k for 10 day purchase

1.5 million Deposit

1.5 mill Loan over 5 yrs = 25k per mth + interest

So all ok as Thais have no problem with this

Then comes the funny part as we see it

The only Proof that the house is in her name is the payment contract with the Developer (so i ask wife what real proof do you have that you own house )

Also seen the first recept which only shows how much you paid & how much you own (no amount of next payment due ) lucky i caculated the entire loan in monthly payments as Im sure half the people would have no idea (not an insult as many didnt get a good education due to poor families )

So no transfer untill paid as Developer holds Chanoute

Also have to pay 50/50 at Amphur when all Govmt costs are calculated

Had to pay 15k in adv for Moo Baan fees ( inwhich was to be returned on settlement )

Change Power & Water on settlement

300 bht a day late fees

SOooo heres the Goodie

We agreed on the value of the house & all & now were on our way So THE BIG QUESTION why should we be waiting to Transfer until all paid for since we paid the Deposit & agreed to the Laon (Mortgage through Developer )

? What happens if the Valuation rises (so do my Amphur fees)

Already rose 6k in onyear for 1 Tanglawa (now i think 29 k )