Power cut Sansainoi

taotoo

My server at CMU went down, checked from home, but just got a server back up message sent to me and can now connect to it.

No power outage where I am in Mae Hia though my UPS popped up a brief message a little while ago.

Funny thing happened last night, about 11pm eating roadside noodles outside the lotus express suthep road traffic lights.

Power went off everywhere and several people we're locked inside the lotus.

The electric doors locked,the emergency lights failed to activate and everyone inside was making a phone call.

The noodle boy was trying to force open the sliding doors from the outside.without success, and to top it all the starlings we're going crazy.

noodles we're great and we came home without knowing how long they we're trapped.

• Like 1

Funny thing happened last night, about 11pm eating roadside noodles outside the lotus express suthep road traffic lights.

Power went off everywhere and several people we're locked inside the lotus.

The electric doors locked,the emergency lights failed to activate and everyone inside was making a phone call.

The noodle boy was trying to force open the sliding doors from the outside.without success, and to top it all the starlings we're going crazy.

noodles we're great and we came home without knowing how long they we're trapped.

I get power outages an average of once a week. Big deal.coffee1.gif

Just on phone with friend near Phocome hotel. All power is out, doi suthep is dark, CMU is dark people screaming and some car/bike accidents.

No lights in sight. Cell service - not affected.

Did the car / bike lights go off too? Sounds suspicious - Close encounter with UFOs?

It was a major blackout due to a car crashing to a power line on canal road. Affected area include Nimmanhaemin, Hangdong, Sansri, Doi Saket, Mae Rim

Correct, except the crash was on the ring road. The one that connects with Promanda. Last night after watching a late movie there, driving towards canal road we drove by the scene. Lots of emergency response and what was left of a car after it crashed through a fence and into some poles.

Makes one ask what color was it ?whistling.gif

It was a major blackout due to a car crashing to a power line on canal road. Affected area include Nimmanhaemin, Hangdong, Sansri, Doi Saket, Mae Rim

Correct, except the crash was on the ring road. The one that connects with Promanda. Last night after watching a late movie there, driving towards canal road we drove by the scene. Lots of emergency response and what was left of a car after it crashed through a fence and into some poles.

The crash was on Canal Road. Possible there were two, but the one that caused the power outage on the Canal Road took place in between the Night Safari intersection, and the Samoeng Intersection. There was about 20 emergency vehicles.

Kind of a funny thing, I thought to myself 'wow, they got that taken care of pretty quickly'. Then I realized 'they have a lot of practice..'

A friend of mine had to come into the lab to shut down a very expensive piece of research equipment due to the failure. He said it was crazy at CMU with MCs honking, people screaming and last but not least, someone took all their clothes off and started running around. biggrin.png

The crash was on Canal Road. Possible there were two, but the one that caused the power outage on the Canal Road took place in between the Night Safari intersection, and the Samoeng Intersection.

Either way, looking at the pics it seems that it was a white BT50 that wrapped itself around the pole that took the power down.

About 30 mins before this happened, a lunatic on a white BT50 overtook us doing 160kph+ on the Super Hwy. This guy didn't just overtake - he pushed his truck at full speed between myself and a car I was overtaking at the time, forcing the other car to swerve to the inside lane and myself to break heavily to avoid the carnage. Caught up with him at the next red lights, and he didn't seem like he was intoxicated. He took off flat to the board again and was doing crazy speeds and splitting cars in no time. The wife and I are more than 50% certain that this was the very same guy that took the CM power down last night.

• Like 1

Facebook states the 115kV high tension line caused the power trip.

From CM108 Google Translate

"Around 23:10 pm the night of 6 January 2556.

Chiang Mai Night busy winter power outage unknown reasons as broad as some of Mae Rim. Sansai some Some district
191 police public call away.
As Chiang Mai Send to Your light rail winter.
This time a half hour. Also several dark
News 23:40 PM ***** car crash caused a power pole garden. Tong's house
Report www.CM108.com
Brief power outage for about 45-50 minutes **"
post-566-0-55262200-1389085482_thumb.jpg
More photos here - CM108
And another on Facebook

Makes one ask what color was it ?whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn alt=whistling.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3700464609 width=19 height=18>

Electric-Blue or Shocking-Red ? whistling.gif

Makes one ask what color was it ?whistling.gif.pagespeed.ce.FVjgnKnWS1.pn alt=whistling.gif pagespeed_url_hash=3700464609 width=19 height=18>

Electric-Blue or Shocking-Red ? whistling.gif

I was hoping it was that songteaw driver that goes around gobbing on other people's windows. Always a next time.....

I think you can expect a lot more electricity black outs,as I don't

think there is anyway that the electric company is expanding its

capacity at the same rate new Malls,Shophouses,Housing estates

etc are been built,and the same situation applies to the water supply,

especially after the low rainfall this rainy season.

regards Worgeordie