Possible link between prostate problems and blood pressure issues

advancebooking

Last year I had diastolic blood pressure issues on and off during my travels and time spent in LOS.

I now think that it might have been caused by issues with my Prostate.

A month ago I was diagnosed with prostate infection and now on 2 antibiotics for 3 months. Last year I had low labido and erection issues and now I feel like a 21 year old again and absolutely NO blood pressure issues since being on these antibiotics.

I have since done a bit of reading on this subject and found ''The prostate gland gives us the name for prostaglandins, which are chemical messengers that affect everything from inflammation to blood pressure.''

Thus, if you are having unusual blood pressure issues that cant be resolved I would go to a good Urologist and get your Prostate checked, PSA test and urine analysis.

If your above 40 yrs old its good to get your Prostate checked in any case- to check for prostate cancer.

cheers

Prostaglandins were so named because the person who discovered them erroneously thought they were made in the prostate. In fact they are made in multiple cells throughout the body.

There is no direct link between prostate disease and hypertension though of course both become more prevalent with age.

• Like 1

I now think that it might have been caused by issues with my Prostate.

Correlation (or coincidence) does not imply causation ... and Google is a notoriously poor doctor.

Prostaglandins were so named because the person who discovered them erroneously thought they were made in the prostate.

Well they are produced in the seminal vesicles. Close ... but no cigar.

Prostaglandins are a group of many different chemicals and they are produced in multiple body tissues. The prostaglandins in semen serve to make sperm motile and facilitate their movement up the female reproductive tract. There are many other prostaglandins with entirely different functions. In some cases the same prostaglandin has different functions depending on the tissue it acts upon.

Every male person should have from age 45 or 50 a blood analysis at least once a year and ask the urologist (or general physician) to include test of PSA and free PSA)

I know there is a lot of discussion about the useful information provided by test of PSA levels but I was happy enough that 7 years ago - here at Bumrungrad - rapid increasing levels warned me on time that I had cancer.

The treatment was done on time and successfully

Prostaglandins were so named because the person who discovered them erroneously thought they were made in the prostate. In fact they are made in multiple cells throughout the body.

There is no direct link between prostate disease and hypertension though of course both become more prevalent with age.

Good !

Directly or indirectly everything is linked Grasshopper mon cheri Sheryl.

I know that most Doctors will tell you that there is no link between prostate infections and blood pressure issues but I had an acute bacterial infection of my prostate and minor blood pressure issues. After antibiotic treatment I did not have BP issues again. You may find the following info interesting....

Acute bacterial prostatitis. A sudden bacterial infection marked by inflammation of the prostate. This is the least common form of prostatitis but the symptoms are usually severe. Patients with this condition have an acute urinary tract infection with increased urinary frequency and urgency, a need to urinate a lot at night, and have pain in the pelvis and genital area. They often have fever, chills,nausea, vomiting, and burning when urinating. Acute bacterial prostatitis requires prompt treatment, as the condition can lead to bladder infections, abscesses in the prostate or, in extreme cases, completely blocked urine flow. Left untreated, the condition can cause confusion and low blood pressure, and may be fatal. The condition is usually treated in the hospital with intravenous antibiotics, pain relievers, and fluids.

The low blood pressure mentioned if the condition is untreated is septic shock.

No link between hypertension and prostatitis or other prostate problems, though any condition that causes pain may temporarily elevate the systolic BP.