90 day reporting - Do not go to Chaengwattana.

spambot

Today I used the alternative to Chaengwattana - and went to new alternative Major Hollywood - Suksawat.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/691692-additional-offices-for-90-day-reporting-in-bangkok/?utm_source=newsletter-20131225-1446&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=featured

For those that have been using Chaengwattana - prior to this new alternative (That has been available from 2nd Jan 2014) then this will be a breath of fresh air.

No longer is there a feeling of tired, unwelcoming distance, but rather here there is surprisingly a feeling of caring through helpful officers that actually smile and want to help if you have a difficulty in understanding something.

I went today and I really liked the experience (can you ever say that from Chaengwattana) - I was the only 90 day reporting extension OA - Everyone else was Cambodians, Lao's and Myamees (since this has been their normal reporting office for a long time prior to the new OA availability for extension reporting).

I was over owed by the extra attention given when I arrived - I went in and I was immediately helped to a window that was exclusively for Visa OA's extensions - It was as if this was the first time that this had happened (ok it is new to this office and it might not happen every time - since the newness is bout to wear off) there were 2 excited people behind me that were calling out to people at the windows as I was arriving towards - I doubt that this would this happen in Chaengwattana.

So I was able to get straight to the point for being there. The interchange was a human - Pleasant and nice.

The process took 2/3 minutes.

BUT there are some takeaways you might get caught out by:

Do not use Google maps from the address - to find how to get there - IT IS WRONG - I know this because i use the maps info on the previous day and found myself 50 mins (by Taxi) distance from the correct address. You actually need to take (if you follow my route) a bus no 82 (from grand palace) - Direction: Walk along Prah Ahtit and then you will see steps for Pinklao bridge on right hand side - Immediately on left hand side the road turns left - 30 meters up this road the no 82 is stationed here - It is waiting to set off at its due time - Hence no nervousness thinking that you are the wrong stop waiting for the bus that might never arrive - So get on this - It is 6.5 Baht and 1 hr 30 mins latter you will arrive at your destination.: https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!data=!4m36!3m30!1m5!1ssamsen+soi+2%2C+Baan+Pan+thom%2CPhranakorn%2C%2C+Bangkok+10200%2C+Thailand!2s0x30e299133dc3e033%3A0x3bd89c862d927024!3m2!3d13.757518!4d100.499668!1m4!3m2!3d13.6623136!4d100.5170626!6e2!2e3!3m8!1m3!1d71386!2d100.5187002!3d13.708607!3m2!1i662!2i442!4f13.1!4i11!6m4!1m3!1e4!2e2!3j1389092280!8m2!1e1!2b1!7m4!11m3!1m1!1e1!2b1!6m1!1e1&fid=0i1

And YES - even this is wrong in Google maps - If you follow the directions given in Google maps for using bus no 82 - It identifies you should get off the bus at the place (indicated in the link) and it says you need to walk 0.4 KM - This is not true - The no 82 goes directly to the door (OK opposite side of the road and about 70 meters past, but pretty close) -

Here is a check to know that you are getting near: Just look out for the Toyota sign (big oval sign high above the normal buildings in height and is very very prominent - this is on your right hand side) and then after this and about 100 meters down from this sign - The road just simply opens up into multiple crossings, bridges and turn offs ect and it does look confusing when you approach this - However the bus goes straight ahead (so no need to understand the complex turn off's) and at this point for about 40 secs of travelling you can see the Cinema on the right hand side - Major Hollywood - It is clear and Bold - you will not miss this (it is not subtle or difficult or hidden - if you are looking right - its is absolutely obvious) . Get off the bus at the next stop and walk back about 70 meters.

When you enter the cinema (swing right around the building by following the path and then enter the cinema at its front entrance) - Do not go to the first floor (Yes it says yo should do this on the instructions from Immigration, but don't do this) - Walk from the entrance straight ahead and then after 50 meters you will see the immigration on the right hand side.

When reporting - There was a surprise (not sure if this is happening at Chaengwattana (please post your experience) :

The TM.47 form that you always need to fill in (with the same information every time) has now changed - Once you hand in your completed TM 47 you now get back (not the normal slip that identifies the next date you need to register your address), but you are given a form that has (as before) the next date of reporting, plus all the information that you gave handwritten on your TM 47 form.

So now you do not need to complete the the form as you normally are required with the same info - It is now in their database and it is printed into a TM 47 each time you report given back to you. And you just have to sign this to confirm everything is the same as last time of reporting

Edited by spambot
  • Like 1

Seems that the Google map link only works relevant to my browser for my personal map id - hence you will not get what I see.

Therefore enter into Google maps the following:

From - Tha Rot Sai 503 Sanamluang, Thailand

To - Soi Suk Sawat 54, Khwaeng Rat Burana, Khet Rat Burana, Krungthep Mahanakorn 10140, Thailand.

Note : The starting point is not shown correctly on the maps - The maps info actually shows the next stop after the place of origin (but Google will not accept the origin / as the a valid point - it will ask you to walk to the point shown on its map if I gave the actual point as the start point) - You do not have to walk to where it is show on Google maps if you do not wish - Just follow my directions in the post to find the origin of where the bus actually sets off from.

And as identified before - When you look at the destination of where you get off on Google maps - It says you need to walk 0.4 miles and do this off an adjacent road - You do not need to do this - Google maps is wrong. Follow the instructions in the post and you will get there directly without any need to figure out when and what to do when on the bus.

One of the stupid reasons I quit living in the kingdom for.

Taking a picture with my wife every year for 12 years did it for me.

Wonder what civil servant, a brilliant one came up with this 90 day crap. I never did it for 12 long long years.

Yup - I know!

What some first thought was charming innocence of Thailand can quickly turn into grinding resentment when it effects your day to day living - when you feel like you are the alien on a string.

However for most (but I really mean me here) - It still feel like its the nearest place so far to being in a paradise - And the payment to be made to follow the rules of a mad hatters tea party is still just about worth it for the pleasure this place gives.

street view wait for it to load. zoom out and look around http://goo.gl/maps/7kpGk

then use the "directions" tab to get bus routes from where you are.

When I was there yesterday for some reason there was no way into the front of cinema as seen here - Which is actually ok - since you really need to go around this entrance and enter on a second entrance to the right (you can just see the entrance on the right of this image behind the dark truck) - Then go 50 meters on same level and there on the right - This where you need to be.

street view wait for it to load. zoom out and look around http://goo.gl/maps/7kpGk

then use the "directions" tab to get bus routes from where you are.

When I was there yesterday for some reason there was no way into the front of cinema as seen here - Which is actually ok - since you really need to go around this entrance and enter on a second entrance to the right (you can just see the entrance on the right of this image behind the dark truck) - Then go 50 meters on same level and there on the right - This where you need to be.

yes i havent been there just following your leads. thanks for the clarifications.

can you get streetview to point straight at the door that would help.

This is the best available - It gives the doorway (without the main front door as a distraction) - This shows just the actual doorway - For clarification - It is left of the advertising hoarding and under the purple cathedral looking window . https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d100.517128!3d13.662293!2m2!1f270!2f113.65!4f75!2m10!1e1!2m5!1sXHPdF-1qCGbKeSMjPFZ2iQ!2e0!5sSoi+Suk+Sawat+54!9m1!6sSuk+Sawat+54+Alley!5m2!1sXHPdF-1qCGbKeSMjPFZ2iQ!2e0&fid=5

Obviously the Google camera van just passed by the cinema on the main road and didn't go down the side alley and hence all views need to be from the road.

can you get streetview to point straight at the door that would help.

This is the best available - It gives the doorway (without the main front door as a distraction) - This shows just the actual doorway - For clarification - It is left of the advertising hoarding and under the purple cathedral looking window . https://www.google.com/maps/preview#!data=!1m8!1m3!1d3!2d100.517128!3d13.662293!2m2!1f270!2f113.65!4f75!2m10!1e1!2m5!1sXHPdF-1qCGbKeSMjPFZ2iQ!2e0!5sSoi+Suk+Sawat+54!9m1!6sSuk+Sawat+54+Alley!5m2!1sXHPdF-1qCGbKeSMjPFZ2iQ!2e0&fid=5

Obviously the Google camera van just passed by the cinema on the main road and didn't go down the side alley and hence all views need to be from the road.

ok got thanks http://goo.gl/maps/isN6A