Drug suspect nabbed with 29 kgs of 'ice' in Bangkok mall

webfact

Drug suspect nabbed in Bangkok mall
The Nation

30223748-01_big.jpg?1389139302574

BANGKOK: -- A woman, believed to be a member of a drug ring, was caught with 29 kilograms of crystal meth worth Bt70 million at the Mall Bang Kapi department store, Metropolitan Police announced yesterday.

Supanuch Hongsakrai, 28, was nabbed on Monday as she tried to check in a package at the bag-deposit counter. She claimed she had been hired by a man, identified only as Than, to pick up the package from a firm in the Hua Lamphong train station area, check it in at the bag-deposit counter and hand the ticket over to another man. She was allegedly paid between Bt10,000 and Bt20,000 each time.

She admitted to having done this three times before to earn money for her family, though she claimed that she did not know there were drugs inside the package because she had never looked. Police, charging the suspect for possessing narcotics with the intention to sell, will further interrogate her to try and nab her accomplices.

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2014-01-08

Something is indeed fishy about this story. Not only would all those drugs not fit in that bag, but it's hard for me to imagine that woman being able to non-nonchalantly carry 29 KG around. Maybe only half were in the bag and the other was found during a full body cavity search? blink.png

Edited by joefromdc
  • Like 1

Thats a heck of a load, how did she drag that around? I would newer have suspected a package that big

or heavy would be drugs. I wonder how the police did. Good on them. blink.png

I love this country. It's great how you can be convicted of murder, get the death sentence and then be given bail, and here you can carry 29 kgs of ice, admit it and that you have also done it three times before and be 'suspected' of being involved in drugs. Funny !

With the presumption of innocence, she will only be 'suspected' of trafficking drugs until a court of law finds her 'guilty'.

'Accused' is a better term the news reporter could use in future.

Edited by Radar501

If the other newspaper is correct, she did not carry it all in one go. She took in several parcels at a time and deposited each one in the luggage office. No doubt that would have raised suspicions.

Any why did the BIBs not let the consignment go and chase after the big fish? Well, if they start to close down drug syndicates, that would mean fewer photo ops, and finger pointing would become an archaic art. Simple really. rolleyes.gif

"Supanuch Hongsakrai, 28, was nabbed on Monday as she tried to check in a package at the bag-deposit counter."

Must have been a huge package. What was she carrying it in, a fork lift truck?

yes that driving with the fork lift in The Mall made the police suspicious.

Where are all the "we should legalize it and tax it" clowns today?

Right here. You used to be able to buy yaba/speed in stores 20 years ago. There was no underground market for it. Heorin was the drug. If it was reintroduced there would be little need for the production and distribution of yaba and ice.

But since many high level people in Thailand stand to make a lot of money it continues.

• Like 1

"Supanuch Hongsakrai, 28, was nabbed on Monday as she tried to check in a package at the bag-deposit counter."

Must have been a huge package. What was she carrying it in, a fork lift truck?

yes that driving with the fork lift in The Mall made the police suspicious.

Oh my, sarcasm filters are down today.

My question is how on earth did she carry all that "ice"?