non immigration o extension stamp

hi

need some info please !

Got a " multiple non o visa " from Savannakhet ; Dates : 4 March, 2013 - 3 March , 2014

Last time I went for a border run was on November 22, 2013 and my passport was stamped until February 19, 2014 !

Will go again for a border run on 19, February, 2014

Question : How many days do I get more on this run ?

a. until the 3 March only ?

b. another 3 months ?

or how I have to do to get another 3 months stamp ?

Ur advice appreciate very much and thanks in advance !

you will get another 90 days to stay, each time you enter Thailand before the visa expires on March 4.

Just a few days before the visa expires, march 1st for example do another run and they will stamp you another 90 days, so basicly you get 15 months out of a 12 month visa.

Edited by MikeandDow

Why is that so, that you can enter Thailand on the last day of the validity of the visa?

Because there are two different issues at work. One is the visa, by extension from the ministry of Foreign Affairs issued by a Thai embassy or consulate. The other is the immigration police, as a part of the police force they are under the Ministry of Interior.

So the visa defines the scope of time/date, in which you might enter Thailand with this visa, while the immigration gives you 90 days to stay, starting from the date of your (last) entry. Normally the immigration will give you 90 days on a Non-IM visa, but in theory and very rare occasions the Immigration might cut your stay shorter or even deny entry. And there is nothing you can do. The visa is no guarantee or an enforcable right to enter. However in many, many years I only heard of only one person, who got her stay cut to 30 days to clear up before being a persone non grata.

So as Mario and Mike already said, you can get another 90 days on your last entry. Be aware though, that a Non-IM with multiple entries is normally only issued in your home country.

Sam

Why is that so, that you can enter Thailand on the last day of the validity of the visa?

Because there are two different issues at work. One is the visa, by extension from the ministry of Foreign Affairs issued by a Thai embassy or consulate. The other is the immigration police, as a part of the police force they are under the Ministry of Interior.

So the visa defines the scope of time/date, in which you might enter Thailand with this visa, while the immigration gives you 90 days to stay, starting from the date of your (last) entry. Normally the immigration will give you 90 days on a Non-IM visa, but in theory and very rare occasions the Immigration might cut your stay shorter or even deny entry. And there is nothing you can do. The visa is no guarantee or an enforcable right to enter. However in many, many years I only heard of only one person, who got her stay cut to 30 days to clear up before being a persone non grata.

So as Mario and Mike already said, you can get another 90 days on your last entry. Be aware though, that a Non-IM with multiple entries is normally only issued in your home country.

Sam

(Be aware though, that a Non-IM with multiple entries is normally only issued in your home country.) This does not apply to non-im O visa's this can be obtained at a neighbouring country to Thailand if Married to a Thai, best is savannakhet lao

you will get another 90 days to stay, each time you enter Thailand before the visa expires on March 4.

Just a few days before the visa expires, march 1st for example do another run and they will stamp you another 90 days, so basicly you get 15 months out of a 12 month visa.

I doubt that. On the Immigration website they clearly state:

The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.

http://bangkok.immigration.go.th/en/base.php?page=90days

The notification of staying in the Kingdom over 90 days is in no way equivalent to a visa extension.

what do you doubt? we are talking about a VISA not an Extension, think you need to recheck

You are confusing a 90 day report of your address with getting an extension of stay. But in the situation of the OP he is not on an extension of stay and does not do any 90 day reports. Your post has no bearing on this case.

From your other post i hope you are not in Thailand with a multiple non-immigrant visa yourelf and mistakenly think you extend your stay by doing 90 day reports. That is not the case, as your link shows. You must apply for an extension of stay with all relevant paperwork and than also every 90 days report your address to immigration.

Dear Mario,

you are addressing the wrong person. I am fully aware that my one year non-immi O expires after 12 months and that my 90 days reports are totally independent from that. I thought I made that clear in my post. I did not claim that by a strategically placed 90 days "visa run" you can get 15 months out of your visa and gave a reference for that.

Dear Mario,

you are addressing the wrong person. I am fully aware that my one year non-immi O expires after 12 months and that my 90 days reports are totally independent from that. I thought I made that clear in my post. I did not claim that by a strategically placed 90 days "visa run" you can get 15 months out of your visa and gave a reference for that.

You can get 15months out of a Non O visa

Your visa expires after 12 months, but a multiple non-immigrant visa allwos you to enter Thailand during that 1 year for an unlimited number of times. Ech time you enter Thailand you are allowed to stay for up to 90 days, at day 90 you must leave the country. By re-entering the day on which the visa expires you get a new permission to stay for a maximum of 90 days, thus you can get almost 15 months out of it.

I hope you did leave every 90 days, or applied for an extension of stay and not only did 90 day reports.

Your visa expires after 12 months, but a multiple non-immigrant visa allwos you to enter Thailand during that 1 year for an unlimited number of times. Ech time you enter Thailand you are allowed to stay for up to 90 days, at day 90 you must leave the country. By re-entering the day on which the visa expires you get a new permission to stay for a maximum of 90 days, thus you can get almost 15 months out of it.

I hope you did leave every 90 days, or applied for an extension of stay and not only did 90 day reports.

Dear Mario,

I´ve been staying in Thailand on a non-immi O since Aug 2012 - initially valid for 90 days, issued by the consulate in my home country. I got my one year extension at the Immi in Chaeng Watthana in Oct 2012. Apart from a 1 month stay abroad Dec2012-Jan2013 I have been continuously in Thailand. I did nearly all my 90 day reports by mail, my visa renewal in Nov 2013 at the Immi Div and my most recent 90 day report on the 6th Jan there as well. I doubt that the officials would have overlooked the fact that I stayed in the Kingdom for one year without "visa run" as my last arrival is clearly stated on my TM6 and my TM47.

It is correct that if you leave the country on short trips abroad every 90 days you don´t have to do the 90 day report.

I wish everybody good luck at the Immigration Division showing up with a 14 month old permit citing a "visa run" as valid "extension". The statement on the stamp in your passport is not open to interpretation in my humble opinion.

Extension of stay permitted up to _______

Holder must leave the Kingdom within the

date specified herein, offenders will be

prosecuted.

[...] - notification of residence must be

made every 90 days.

edit to add: You are correct if you are sailing on a non-immi multiple entry visa issued abroad. This only allows for 90 days stays and requires the visa runs. Once you have the extension done in Thailand this does apply no longer - or I am an illegal alien in Thailand.

Edited by MikeOboe57

Dear Mario,

I´ve been staying in Thailand on a non-immi O since Aug 2012 - initially valid for 90 days, issued by the consulate in my home country. I got my one year extension at the Immi in Chaeng Watthana in Oct 2012. Apart from a 1 month stay abroad Dec2012-Jan2013 I have been continuously in Thailand. I did nearly all my 90 day reports by mail, my visa renewal in Nov 2013 at the Immi Div and my most recent 90 day report on the 6th Jan there as well. I doubt that the officials would have overlooked the fact that I stayed in the Kingdom for one year without "visa run" as my last arrival is clearly stated on my TM6 and my TM47.

It is correct that if you leave the country on short trips abroad every 90 days you don´t have to do the 90 day report.

I wish everybody good luck at the Immigration Division showing up with a 14 month old permit citing a "visa run" as valid "extension". The statement on the stamp in your passport is not open to interpretation in my humble opinion.

Extension of stay permitted up to _______

Holder must leave the Kingdom within the

date specified herein, offenders will be

prosecuted.

[...] - notification of residence must be

made every 90 days.

edit to add: You are correct if you are sailing on a non-immi multiple entry visa issued abroad. This only allows for 90 days stays and requires the visa runs. Once you have the extension done in Thailand this does apply no longer - or I am an illegal alien in Thailand.

You don't know what you are talking about. The above poster's have given correct information.

I´ve been staying in Thailand on a non-immi O since Aug 2012 - initially valid for 90 days, issued by the consulate in my home country. I got my one year extension

That is the key - you are on an extension of stay - not a visa. This thread about 15 months stay on a on year multi entry visa applies to those using such a visa for 90 day stays and then enter for a new 90 day stay - it is not about those on one year extensions of stay such as yours (but as mentioned the title is misleading).

This thread should be dedicated to those that think using the correct 'immigration' terminology is not important.

Agree whole heartedly, come to thailand with A stamp in passport but do not know what, why or how the stamp works, put my hands up in the air and I feel sorry for the mods to explain this day in day out