WiFi in Vientiane

sceadugenga

We were just there last month and there are plenty of hotels and coffee shops offering wifi. The problem was many times the wifi wouldn't actually work. We were constantly having them reset the routers for us. And then when we did get connected, it was usually really slow. Ok if just browsing, but trying to work or download/upload anything was difficult.

We were just there last month and there are plenty of hotels and coffee shops offering wifi. The problem was many times the wifi wouldn't actually work. We were constantly having them reset the routers for us. And then when we did get connected, it was usually really slow. Ok if just browsing, but trying to work or download/upload anything was difficult.

I cannot say that was the experience I had. OK, it is not blistering fast and I would not download movies or anything, but it worked everywhere I went and I am there 2-3 times a year.

Just got back Monday. Stayed in VTE city centre.

Many resteurants and coffee shops have internet, as did my hotel. Was not online for long while eating, but as stated above the connection went down many times in the hotel, and many times reseting the router did not renew reception, so believe the network itself was down.

Speed not great, but livable.