Ant invasion, how to stop it, preferably without becoming a mass ant murderer

DavidMavec

Hello...

Red biting ants have invaded my apartment, especially the bathroom. They hurt like hell when they bite and love getting in the towels. Can anyone make suggestions for the best way to get rid of them.

Any way I can just get them to go away without killing all of them? Much as I don't like them I would prefer not to murder them if possible.

Here's what I found out- the hard way. You're going to have to commit ant genocide.

You can wait until AFTER they bite your nutsack and feel good about killing the bastards, or you can do it now, feel a twinge of regret (I honestly feel bad when I kill a whole community), and save yourself a lot of pain. I chose the first option and regretted it. A lot.

Personally, I use the spray cans from Big C, TESCO, Foodland, etc. Traced them back to the tiny cracks in the wall they were coming in and a tiny little spray does the trick. Then I leave the room for awhile because I haven't found any non-stinky spray yet.

I haven't tried the Boric Acid solution that others swear by. Search the forum for boric acid and you should get lots of suggestions. All of them involve ant genocide.

Edited by impulse
  • Like 2

Here's what I found out- the hard way. You're going to have to commit ant genocide.

You can wait until AFTER they bite your nutsack and feel good about killing the bastards, or you can do it now and save yourself a lot of pain. I chose the first option and regretted it. A lot.

LOL, they have already bitten my nutsack on numerous occasions, seems like they have a special preference for it to be honest....f'ing hurts!!!

Yeah I might have to get the spray but I am considering options beforehand....

Anyone try the ant chalk? Any success with that?

If you want to be bitten again, use the chalk.

If youd like them to go away, buy the yellow transparent bait traps with a sachet, it looks like the flavour from an instant noodles. Open that sachet up and pour it into the bait trays and leave where the ants run. Use a few of them. They take the bait to the nest which kills off the queen and theyll be gone in a few days.

The chalk, the just walk around. Especially bigger ants.

• Like 2

First thing locate where their coming from small hole crack??? Get a can of Chaindrite 1 sold every ware looks like a can of WD40 but orange and white with a tube that you pop in the top of nozzle, stick same into the hole crack and give it a good press it smells bad so ventilate it'll get rid of them sharpish if they come back give it another go work's every time.

Edited by fredob43

If youd like them to go away, buy the yellow transparent bait traps with a sachet, it looks like the flavour from an instant noodles. Open that sachet up and pour it into the bait trays and leave where the ants run. Use a few of them. They take the bait to the nest which kills off the queen and theyll be gone in a few days.

tumblr_kveq7sGSs21qzunfjo1_500.jpg

• Like 1

tumblr_kveq7sGSs21qzunfjo1_500.jpg

unfortunately, we in the orange robes have the same problem. We say a little forgiveness prayer and spray away. wai.gif

Boric acid treatment very effective. I had swarms of tiny ants in kitchen, bathroom and bedroom and they disappeared in a few days after feasting on the boric acid, sugar and water mixture. Don't know where to find boric acid in Bangkok but if I found it in Chiang Mai am sure it's available in your area.

Search Chiang Mai forum for more info. Recipe here: www.food.com/recipe/get-rid-of-ants-ants-ants-203233

You can wait until AFTER they bite your nutsack and feel good about killing the bastards, or you can do it now and save yourself a lot of pain. I chose the first option and regretted it. A lot.

LOL, they have already bitten my nutsack on numerous occasions, seems like they have a special preference for it to be honest....f'ing hurts!!!

Yeah I might have to get the spray but I am considering options beforehand....

Anyone try the ant chalk? Any success with that?

Yes the chalk works really well. Just draw a line around your nutsw00t.gif !!! No seriously, U kill a few but not that many and it works; They do not like it and they do not come back in a hurry- even the big red ones. Avoid where it could contaminate food or drink or where small children might take an interest in it. E.g., Draw a line under the lip of a table not on it, and in the grout between tiles not on them.......Aaaand only 5 baht!!!

You can use the chalk to stop the particular cue you are trying to stop. Use the spray if you want to eliminate them. It is powerful so use caution about where you spray it and wash after.

Do not worry about being a mass murder, you will never in your lifetime even come close to wiping them of the Thai map.

Mario2008, on 08 Jan 2014 - 17:19, said:

Best way to kill insects like ants is to kill the queen. No queen, no hive. otherwise you can keep on spraying.

Very good advice, I agree......But how do you find the Queen....usually 50cm under the earth about 50 meters away?

Mario2008, on 08 Jan 2014 - 17:19, said:

Best way to kill insects like ants is to kill the queen. No queen, no hive. otherwise you can keep on spraying.

Very good advice, I agree......But how do you find the Queen....usually 50cm under the earth about 50 meters away?

Thailand's full of 'queens' whistling.gif !

• Like 2

Open an Ant Department Store and start making serious money. All the information you need is in this essential video:

As you can see, the ants themselves are quite cheap. You make the serious money on all the accessories that go with it. Hope this helps you solve your problem.

• Like 1