Any Advice Please

ToneG

Arriving BKK 31st Jan. Usual plan is weekend in BKK Mini Bus to Hua Hin on Monday. All booked up months ago now General Election

on Feb 02. Thinking may be better to go straight to HH. Anybody had experience of General Election mayhem and what roads may be like to HH late Fri afternoon. Is there likely to be a mass exodus from BKK and all that goes on with heavy traffic, accidents etc. Maybe its ok in BKK over the election would everything be back up and running on the Monday to go down then. Bit worried especially with all the political tension right now.

Would really appreciate some advice. Cheers ToneG

Thanks for that. I have tried Pattaya. I like to spend a few days looking aroud BKK before going to the beach

but if it's all closed up for the Election may as well shoot off straight away. Can anybody tell me what happens

when there's an Election. Is everything closed up for a few days or are the shops, BTS, Restaurants all OK. Presume you can get a drink in

your hotel.

Previous elections, bars are closed 48 hrs but transport shopping etc is as normal. When voting must be at your registered Amphur, so those voting will not be travelling however the Thais like any excuse for a holiday and I remember previous elections beach areas were busy. I would be more worried about the stability of BKK, its a hard call as noone can really see what extent the trouble will escalate too. Buses now go direct from Survanbumi to HH, the timetable is somewhere in this forum. I would be inclined to skip BKK and head staraight to HH just for peace of mind, you could always do your last day or two in BKK as the situation may be stabilised by then.

Yes thanks I'm thinking to do that. Don't mind getting a Taxi it's about 2,000 I beleive. If Thai's have to stay in BKK to vote

there shouldn't be too much traffic getting away for the weekend. I know HH is popular with BKK thais at the weekend.

I have 2 nights BKK on the way home so can get a look then. Thanks for the tip.

Cheers ToneG