Watching American Football in Chiang Mai

abroaddesire

BTW. Free streaming of the Super Bowl between the Seattle Thunder Chickens and The New England Cheats.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/amitchowdhry/2015/01/21/watch-super-bowl-xlix-online/

"If you plan to watch the Super Bowl live outside of the U.S. or Mexico, you can find it on the NFL Game Pass service for a price of $9.99."

VPN would be useful.

Mark your calendar for Monday, February 2 at the Empress Hotel in Chiang Mai, Thailand.

Doors open at 5:30am. Breakfast at 6:am. Kick off at 6:30am. Buy your tickets at the door.

There will be an all-you-can-eat buffet for just 250 Baht per person (130 Baht for kids age 3-12). However, the first 15 people who arrive get in absolutely FREE: a 250 Baht value! So come early, get in line, and enjoy.

http://actsco.org/super-bowl-2015/

BTW. Free streaming of the Super Bowl between the Seattle Thunder Chickens and The New England Cheats.

http://www.forbes.com/sites/amitchowdhry/2015/01/21/watch-super-bowl-xlix-online/

"If you plan to watch the Super Bowl live outside of the U.S. or Mexico, you can find it on the NFL Game Pass service for a price of $9.99."

VPN would be useful.

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages?ttv=0&cvosrc=PPC.Google.nfl%20game%20pass&matchtype=e&network=g&mobile=&search=1&content=&creative=32160195174&keyword=nfl%20game%20pass&adposition=1t1&campaign=Brand-Search%7CGame%20Pass_SEM&cvokid=433f3979-444d-d848-ba24-00002eb817c3&gclid=CjwKEAiAxZKmBRD_5cCvs8SbxXsSJADZBCmdNCGN6MOG0cu6w-lquP2a7c2z7tvo_grSDZiB9O0ewBoCWyDw_wcB

If this doesn't work just google NFL Game Pass and look for the Super Bowl offer which is indeed priced at $9.99.

Can someone tell me where the Sugar Bar is? I think it is on one of the small streets off of Loi Kroh but I am not certain.

Pretty certain it's on the road that is on the outside of - and runs parallel to - the East side of the moat. (Moon Muang is the street on the inside of the moat at that area.)

I gave them a hard time about watching Soccer while I was trying to watch "real Football".

That would have been funny to watch, considering your version is more like rugby for girls.

wink.png

Not according to former Australian Rules Footballer Darren Bennett, who went on to play in the NFL during the 1990's.

The facts are that NFL players are bigger, faster, stronger and better athletes (Which is why they are paid far more than Rugby players) and the inherent nature of the NFL has far more violent hitting and collisions.

Yes, but the big girls wear all that padding.

They're paid more than rugby players because they participate in American televisual entertainment and Rugby players play sport.

• Like 1

VPN would be useful.

https://gamepass.nfl.com/nflgp/secure/packages?ttv=0&cvosrc=PPC.Google.nfl%20game%20pass&matchtype=e&network=g&mobile=&search=1&content=&creative=32160195174&keyword=nfl%20game%20pass&adposition=1t1&campaign=Brand-Search%7CGame%20Pass_SEM&cvokid=433f3979-444d-d848-ba24-00002eb817c3&gclid=CjwKEAiAxZKmBRD_5cCvs8SbxXsSJADZBCmdNCGN6MOG0cu6w-lquP2a7c2z7tvo_grSDZiB9O0ewBoCWyDw_wcB

If this doesn't work just google NFL Game Pass and look for the Super Bowl offer which is indeed priced at $9.99.

Lets try this one more time. Who in their right mind would pay $9.99 to see the SuperBowl online when NBC is offering FREE and LEGALE 11 hours of the SupperBowl on the net. http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/20/super-bowl-xlix-nbc-online-stream-free

Can someone tell me where the Sugar Bar is? I think it is on one of the small streets off of Loi Kroh but I am not certain.

The B&B Sugar Bar and Restaurant is located at GPS 18.7848809215, 98.9933300062 which is on Kotchasarn Road just around the corner about 100 feet from Loi Kroh.

100204842.jpg

• Like 1

I never use MSN but I just tried and everything was in Thai. Anyway, if they are offering the game free let's see if they can keep up with the volume of users. NFL Game Pass works great and $9.99 is not a lot. Sure, I wish it was free and I had to watch commercials. Maybe someday it will be.

Edited by JulieM

The Game In Hang Dong just

posted this to their FB page..

SUPER BOWL XLIX

Monday 2 January 2015

WATCH IT LIVE HERE!

Doors Open 6:am Game Starts 6:30am

All You Can Eat Pancakes

Made To Order Omelet

Homefries, 2 slices of bacon

Includes Coffee with free refills

Only 199฿!

post-94380-14221966563078_thumb.jpg

I gave them a hard time about watching Soccer while I was trying to watch "real Football".

That would have been funny to watch, considering your version is more like rugby for girls.

wink.png

Not according to former Australian Rules Footballer Darren Bennett, who went on to play in the NFL during the 1990's.

The facts are that NFL players are bigger, faster, stronger and better athletes (Which is why they are paid far more than Rugby players) and the inherent nature of the NFL has far more violent hitting and collisions.

Yes, but the big girls wear all that padding.

They're paid more than rugby players because they participate in American televisual entertainment and Rugby players play sport.

Then why don't those Rugby players come to America and play in the NFL and make far more money than they do in Australia then?

Because they can't, that's why.

You have little knowledge of the NFL as you've already proven. Snarky comments do not pass for knowledge, but since you have no argument, that's all you have.

Again, I'll defer to Darren Bennett who has played in the AFL and in the NFL and will tell people like you that the NFL players are bigger, faster, stronger and the way the game is played creates far more violent collisions and much more vicious hits.

American Football was nearly banned at one time due to all of the deaths occurring on the field, thus the introduction of leather helmets which later evolved to the helmets of today.

And if you knew anything about the game, "all that padding" is often used by a defender to cushion a massive hit he makes on an opponent.

It is basically a weapon as much as it is for protection. It's also why the NFL penalizes hits using the crown of the helmet against an opponent.

The hits in the NFL often come head on at full speed while Rugby tackles usually consist of wrestling an opponent down from behind.

As mentioned, I have played both sports in College as well as other sports.

And you?

BTW, here is a pic of the recently retired NFL player Ray Lewis. I would love to see you call him a "Girl" and not do so from behind a keyboard :

post-192270-0-36580000-1422199372_thumb.

Edited by PHP87

VPN would be useful.

Lets try this one more time. Who in their right mind would pay $9.99 to see the SuperBowl online when NBC is offering FREE and LEGALE 11 hours of the SupperBowl on the net. http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/20/super-bowl-xlix-nbc-online-stream-free

The quote above in my post is from the Forbes.com link in your 13:11 post. It states that if you want to watch the game live and you live outside of the U.S. or Mexico, you have to pay. Hence my comment that a VPN would be useful to be able to watch the game for free in Thailand. In other words, the Forbes article you linked to makes it sound like the live stream is only available in the U.S and Mexico.

So if one cannot convince NBCsports.com that one is watching from the U.S. or Mexico....that person in their right mind would pay $9.99 if they wanted to watch the Super Bowl live. Or they go to a bar.

Edited by Diplomatico
  • Like 1

One more for you. Steven Jackson, #39 is 6'2" and weighs 235 lb. and runs a 4.45 40 yard dash.

He is also a physical specimen as a Sports Illustrated article stated he has less than 5% body fat.

Note: A 2010 ESPN article stated Jackson put on 8 lbs. and weighed 244 with a BF of 5%

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/trainingcamp10/columns/story?id=5499511

I don't think you realize just how big, fast and strong NFL players actually are.

These are world-class athletes that are very highly paid as there are very few people in the world with their physical attributes and skills.

When the above article went to print, it stated Jackson had a 5-year, 43.1 Million Dollar contract.

NFL salaries have gone up quite a bit since then.

Dan Carter, who is reputed to be the highest played Rugby player, earns 2.25 Million USD per year.

Contrast that to the highest payed NFL players that make 10 times as much.

Like I said, if Rugby players are so much better, then why don't they come to the States and show these "girls" how it's done and make more in one year than most will make in their entire career?

They would if they could, but they can't so they don't.

In the .gif below, watch the right arm of #24 as he tries to tackle Jackson - he ends up shattering his arm.

I was at that game and actually heard it break but didn't know how serious the injury was at the time.

Article about the incident here: http://www.sfgate.com/sports/article/49ERS-OPENER-Scarred-Rumph-is-ready-for-Rams-2609584.php

break_arm.gif

BTW, Rumph is 6'2" and 205 lbs.

Edited by PHP87

America football is quite a game. The drug use to keep them on the field, off the field violence and the long term injuries due the intense contact are recently becoming quite public. Is there any data that says rugby is free of these issues?

For downtown, I would have thought the all you can eat buffet breakfast + game 250 baht at The Empress Hotel is a steal.

Mind you no alcohol for the early drinkers. wink.png

I tried drinking at that hour once for a previous superbowl to get into the right mood but I just can't do it. sad.png

And it's far too late to just stay up late and expect to catch anything from the game.

This may well be the worst thing about living in Chiang Mai for Americans.

And moving stateside isn't an option either as most of North America isn't habitable in February.

How's the car parking at the Empress? Hmm. At 6am that would be 'park in the dark'.

It's fine. Big parking lot, reasonably lit.

Or get staff to park for you, just pull up at the door and give someone 100 Baht and the keys.

Edited by WinnieTheKhwai