Elderly German Man Robbed Of 50,000 THB

Rimmer

1000 Euro or not, who cares. I'm guessing the old dude doesn't follow TVF and so probably bought into all the "Land of Smiles" propaganda BS and thought it was safer to keep his wedge on him than to lave it lying in his room...not every room in Pattaya is furnished with a room safe. For me, the bit of this story that sticks in my throat is that it needs 3 of the b*stards to kick a 75 yr old guy inside out...boils my p*ss that does. Me and the missus will be in Pattaya next week for a bit of a break and I have a penchant for staggering home at all the hours when I'm there - here's hoping the pricks fancy their chances, I've got some news for them, and its ALL bad.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Idiot!! Walking 4 am with that much money on the street !!!!!

Nevertheless it is of concern that thugs are roaming the streets in the early hours and attacking people.

Pattaya is a party town, and keeps late hours.

Some tourist may be unaware it is becoming similar to down-town Bogota, particularly if they come from a quiet, safe town somewhere.

I doubt such violence was necessary to rob this guy, so there may be a drug element too. I hope they catch these bullies and lock them up for a long time.

NOT blaming the Victim and I find it sad that People would bash anyone in that age group.

BUT I have said it before , 'Do people leave their Common Sense at the Arrival Counter in Thailand ?'

Caution applies everywhere at 4 am and that age and carrying Funds.

I M O

coffee1.gif

The amount stolen is equal to only around two 500 Euro Notes. Maybe he felt carrying it was safer than leaving it in his hotel room.

Yet, being anywhere drunk and elderly in the middle of the night walking alone can find you mugged almost anywhere in the world.

wow they have 500 euro notes?

My country has 10k notes i think.

Is your country Indonesia or Laos? So you are a rich man, easy to become a millionaire.

The amount stolen is equal to only around two 500 Euro Notes. Maybe he felt carrying it was safer than leaving it in his hotel room.

Yet, being anywhere drunk and elderly in the middle of the night walking alone can find you mugged almost anywhere in the world.

Yep your right 2 X 500 = 1000 10 x 100 = 1000 and your point is ???? Nobody in their right mind goes out

drinking with $1200 in their pocket.

I do have a right mind and I always go drinking with at least 1000$ in my pocket!

I dont know nothing about 10k notes , but for sure something that you had never seen is a 500 Euros note ( In Spain we call this note Ben Laden as is very rare to see and of course is mostly not accepted in shops )

Also this notes are registered , when the bank delivers to you one for example when you retire lets say 1000 Euros the bank register in their system that one note of 500 euros has been handed to the subject .

Make up your mind, "for sure something that you had never seen is a 500 Euros note" on one hand and "when the bank delivers to you one" on the other!

Is your country Indonesia or Laos? So you are a rich man, easy to become a millionaire.

nope. My country's currency is comparable to that of the aussie dollar. Almost the same value.

1000 Euro or not, who cares. I'm guessing the old dude doesn't follow TVF and so probably bought into all the "Land of Smiles" propaganda BS and thought it was safer to keep his wedge on him than to lave it lying in his room...not every room in Pattaya is furnished with a room safe. For me, the bit of this story that sticks in my throat is that it needs 3 of the b*stards to kick a 75 yr old guy inside out...boils my p*ss that does. Me and the missus will be in Pattaya next week for a bit of a break and I have a penchant for staggering home at all the hours when I'm there - here's hoping the pricks fancy their chances, I've got some news for them, and its ALL bad.

Obviously the low so hotel rooms wouldn't have a safe. It's the same in bkk too. With that 1k euro he should have been able to afford a decent 4 star hotel at the least or 3 star if he wants to be a cheapo charlie.

I dont know nothing about 10k notes , but for sure something that you had never seen is a 500 Euros note ( In Spain we call this note Ben Laden as is very rare to see and of course is mostly not accepted in shops )

Also this notes are registered , when the bank delivers to you one for example when you retire lets say 1000 Euros the bank register in their system that one note of 500 euros has been handed to the subject .

absolute nonsense that these notes are registered! cheesy.gif

nope. My country's currency is comparable to that of the aussie dollar. Almost the same value.

Singapore

post-35218-0-06257100-1389356341_thumb.j

I dont know if anyone actually read this ,but bystanders said he fell down the steps ,nothing about a robbery,was i reading a different story?

He says he was attacked & knocked out/robbed, bystanders say he fell down some stairs. I cant work out if he fell down stairs after the attack or if the attack never took place. Looking at the photos though, he's had a good kicking at some point...

Obviously the low so hotel rooms wouldn't have a safe. It's the same in bkk too. With that 1k euro he should have been able to afford a decent 4 star hotel at the least or 3 star if he wants to be a cheapo charlie.

Not everyone has the budget to afford 4 or 5 star accomodation though. Remember, he's a pensioner so unlikely to be on a decent income. I agree all the same that it's perhaps not the smartest idea to be walking around with that amount of cash on you, especially if you're going to be hanging around bars etc (although there's no mention that he had been drinking) Fact of the matter is though that no matter how much dough he had on him, these 3 superheroes were having it anyway.

I dont know if anyone actually read this ,but bystanders said he fell down the steps ,nothing about a robbery,was i reading a different story?

He says he was attacked & knocked out/robbed, bystanders say he fell down some stairs. I cant work out if he fell down stairs after the attack or if the attack never took place. Looking at the photos though, he's had a good kicking at some point...

Aa i said before ,did he just fall down the stairs and made up the robbery ,so he could claim a large amount of cash off his insurance?

It's hard to disagree with that.

Probably seen counting it earlier in some bar.

Yes, that's right, that's what you'd do with a 1000 Euros. Sit in a bar in the early hours counting it for all to see.............I agree, he deserved to be robbed, beaten and assaulted by a group of Thai men, that'll teach him

It's hard to disagree with that.

Probably seen counting it earlier in some bar.

Yes, that's right, that's what you'd do with a 1000 Euros. Sit in a bar in the early hours counting it for all to see.............I agree, he deserved to be robbed, beaten and assaulted by a group of Thai men, that'll teach him

Never too late to learn.

Aa i said before ,did he just fall down the stairs and made up the robbery ,so he could claim a large amount of cash off his insurance?

no insurance pays for the loss of cash.

"I dont know nothing about 10k notes , but for sure something that you had never seen is a 500 Euros note ( In Spain we call this note Ben Laden as is very rare to see and of course is mostly not accepted in shops )

Also this notes are registered , when the bank delivers to you one for example when you retire lets say 1000 Euros the bank register in their system that one note of 500 euros has been handed to the subject . "

Very true, they also write down your weight at birth and shoe size.

I think that the weight at birth and shoe size was only special for you , as soon as they see your potential they tried to obtain such important details from you . Inform yourself and at least write based on arguments as i do

If you ask yourself why did they register it ¿ is because of the corruption going on in Spain . I unknown if this procedure is done in other EU countries banks , but for sure i know what is going on at home

Edited by Wavnarok