Yingluck asks Suthep to help settle crisis

webfact

After a military coup, two judicial coups and the army putting a horse's head in the bed. That's democracy for all. I just wish those dumbass peasants would learn a little more about it rather than getting all hung up on this elections and governments-getting-to-see-out-their-term drivel. Man, how dumb can these people be not to see that Suthep is their saviour and all that 30-baht healthcare and village funds and economic development is just so corrupt? Maybe best to do away with votes completely and just let Suthep decide what the government should do whilst Jitpat gives him 'executive relief'.

Edited by Zooheekock

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yingluck does have a option open to her to resolve this crisis and that is to unleash her government forces to suppress the protesters in the most brutal fashion, and to call on her 'red shirt' followers to besiege Bangkok and to maim and kill as many of Suthep's supporters as they are able. In other words to totally crush the protests by using extreme physical force.

Is that really what those who refer to her as a weak and pathetic woman prone to tears really want.?

There is no easy solution to this crisis. If she were to resign her supporters would take the place of the current protesters and the conflict would rumble on and on

'Jaw Jaw not War War, as Churchill urged is the only way out. Already I can see Yingluck's conciliatory approach working. Many Bangkokian University students are now moving into her corner asking that the February elections take place unhindered. Moderate Thais with no great political affiliation just want their country to return to normality.

As was shown when Abhisit was heckled at a recent meeting, Suthep and Abhisit are not interested in taking part in reasonable debate to try to resolve the crisis whereas Yingluck clearly is.

One guy heckling and who is a friend of Thaksin or a Thaksin supporter, I hardly call that an indicator. But true this is a difficult situation. So I would call on YS to announce to the nation that she will work with an independent agency to audit her administration action in all the policies, passing of the bill, and other matters. I think we can just choose about 4 or 5 to audit from. I don't think that should be a problem, because if she has done such a great job, she has nothing to fear and will prove all the protesters that they have been misled. I think this is the what people really want to know from their leader. I think this is the easiest solution for a nation to come an heal itself. She came by election and as part of the democratic process, all will need to be accountable and transparent in their actions. This is not difficult at all to do...one would think...shouldn't it?

She has asked the lunatic Suthep from day one to talk and sort out the problem, Suthep has always refused to try and settle the mess he caused like an adult but wants to carry on like a spoilt little rich kid throwing a tantrum.

Suthep wants to talk publicly.

Not behind closed doors in a sneaky manner

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

you mean not behind closed doors in a civilised manner. The guys just a blagger, he has no interest in democracy, the general Thai public. He's just an attack dog for the rich and powerful of BKK who don't want to lose a sinlge baht to the great unwashed (as Arthur Daley would say)
That shows how much you know about things.

Suthep's manor is southern Thailand.

That is where his support base is and mainly consists of the rural farmers.

He is mister south to Thaksin's mister north

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Lol. Except that your "Mr. North" happens to be a convicted criminal and a fugitive...

"Mr. North", haha, that'll look great on his cell door! (...or his straw mat, or whatever... 5555555)

Edited by hawker9000

Once again, looking for the toilet when the crap is already coming out.

You talk about resolving conflicts while your government is inflaming the situation by making all sorts of threats. You say you want to 'reform' while your family is making things worse by actually adding another Shinawatra to the election roster. You should have resolved this long ago and distanced yourself from your criminal brother. Feeling all generous and conciliatory now that a coup is imminent? You should have found that toilet and toilet paper long ago.

There is no need for vulgarity. Please stay on topic and stop with the toilet references. She is still the PM. And in any case, she appears to be holding out an olive branch. Why are you so keen on seeing chaos?

That olive branch is shaped more like a Trojan Horse.

You talk about resolving conflicts while your government is inflaming the situation by making all sorts of threats. You say you want to 'reform' while your family is making things worse by actually adding another Shinawatra to the election roster. You should have resolved this long ago and distanced yourself from your criminal brother. Feeling all generous and conciliatory now that a coup is imminent? You should have found that toilet and toilet paper long ago.

There is no need for vulgarity. Please stay on topic and stop with the toilet references. She is still the PM. And in any case, she appears to be holding out an olive branch. Why are you so keen on seeing chaos?

The mixed metaphor is bad enough, but how could an olive branch possibly be shaped like a Trojan Horse? I submit that you would need at least 4 olive branches for the legs, and a fifth one to make the neck and tail. Naturally I stand to be corrected if such a single-branch-built trojan horse could be shown as a completed model.

From my observations of this thread, people are more emotionally judging then rationally. Majority of the comments are based on how someone feels about either one of the two figures, instead of the actual situation, turning the whole thing into a "Who is the lesser evil" match instead of how to actually avoid the oncoming situations. And not just in the forums, even in the streets people are more concerned about who's more right in this petty squabble than the country itself. I'm from Bangladesh and trust me when I say I know how a petty squabble between political leaders turn out to be(look up the current situation if you want) and it's not pretty at all. Supporting either Suthep's actions or Yingluk's isn't going to make your lives better, chances are it's going to get quite a few people killed. While both of them will remain comfortably seated in their expensive beautiful house, condemning each other's actions.

From my observations of this thread, people are more emotionally judging then rationally. Majority of the comments are based on how someone feels about either one of the two figures, instead of the actual situation, turning the whole thing into a "Who is the lesser evil" match instead of how to actually avoid the oncoming situations. And not just in the forums, even in the streets people are more concerned about who's more right in this petty squabble than the country itself. I'm from Bangladesh and trust me when I say I know how a petty squabble between political leaders turn out to be(look up the current situation if you want) and it's not pretty at all. Supporting either Suthep's actions or Yingluk's isn't going to make your lives better, chances are it's going to get quite a few people killed. While both of them will remain comfortably seated in their expensive beautiful house, condemning each other's actions.

Which is why both sides need to disappear at the same time. Both parties and all the cronies.

• Like 2

The mixed metaphor is bad enough, but how could an olive branch possibly be shaped like a Trojan Horse? I submit that you would need at least 4 olive branches for the legs, and a fifth one to make the neck and tail. Naturally I stand to be corrected if such a single-branch-built trojan horse could be shown as a completed model.

A more creative mind would see that the metaphor is a simple and pure peace offering versus one with an underlying and deceptive motive. If one can't see the comparison, the crayons are in the other room.

Does anyone seriously believe a Democrat government would be any less corrupt than the Pheu Thai government? I would welcome more intelligent economic policy from any government but I believe Suthep to be a dangerous totalitarian worse than the Shinawatras. The last Abhisit government did not do anything much or help Thailand progress.

It would seem that the last six years showed the Democrats led government to be less corrupt than a PheuThai led government. Thailand has been sliding down on the corruption index the last two and a half years.

As for the Abhisit government not doing much, well. We did have this 'global financial crisis' in 2007-2008 with the previous two governments in 2007 only busy trying to get their big boss back in power. Also the 'riots' in 2009 and the March to May revolt in 2010 didn't make it much easier for the Abhisit government to help Thailand progress.

Anyway, we still have Ms. Yingluck wanting to talk to k. Suthep so desperately that the police is prepared to forcefully hunt him down.

A complete non-seqitur! - Come on you can do better than that! and remember they weren't elected?
They were elected. They had enough of a minority vote from the previous elections and accordingly seats that coupled with others gave them the majority. And they came to governance through the same process as the previous Thaksin government clone. That is how democracy works along with those things like abiding by the constitution and not screwing it over for the personnel wealth of your family and cronies, abiding by the law instead of proclaiming you and your mafia political crims are above it just for a few. And it is difficult for a government to do a lot when they are stupid enough to couple with sell you're souls minor parties. And then your Capital city being put under siege by a convicted crim and his Red and Black henchmen. No problems to get other things done like get to the latest overseas fashion shop when one has serious crap to deal with. Abhisit' problem was that he was a single incorruptible voice among a bevy of politicial crims fighting off another set of politicial crims.
  • Like 2

Simple solution to the problem of violence YS. Demand that your Red Shirts counter parts and PTP to stop making threats and stop the government intimidation tactics. Either YS is clueless, or she just a puppet. I don't know what is worst.

Unfortunately, she's both - which is why Bangkok is giving Thaksin the finger big-time tomorrow.

Yingluck does have a option open to her to resolve this crisis and that is to unleash her government forces to suppress the protesters in the most brutal fashion, and to call on her 'red shirt' followers to besiege Bangkok and to maim and kill as many of Suthep's supporters as they are able. In other words to totally crush the protests by using extreme physical force.

Is that really what those who refer to her as a weak and pathetic woman prone to tears really want.?

There is no easy solution to this crisis. If she were to resign her supporters would take the place of the current protesters and the conflict would rumble on and on

'Jaw Jaw not War War, as Churchill urged is the only way out. Already I can see Yingluck's conciliatory approach working. Many Bangkokian University students are now moving into her corner asking that the February elections take place unhindered. Moderate Thais with no great political affiliation just want their country to return to normality.

As was shown when Abhisit was heckled at a recent meeting, Suthep and Abhisit are not interested in taking part in reasonable debate to try to resolve the crisis whereas Yingluck clearly is.

One guy heckling and who is a friend of Thaksin or a Thaksin supporter, I hardly call that an indicator. But true this is a difficult situation. So I would call on YS to announce to the nation that she will work with an independent agency to audit her administration action in all the policies, passing of the bill, and other matters. I think we can just choose about 4 or 5 to audit from. I don't think that should be a problem, because if she has done such a great job, she has nothing to fear and will prove all the protesters that they have been misled. I think this is the what people really want to know from their leader. I think this is the easiest solution for a nation to come an heal itself. She came by election and as part of the democratic process, all will need to be accountable and transparent in their actions. This is not difficult at all to do...one would think...shouldn't it?

There is very little to be discussed. The crisis was caused by Yingluck allowing the government to be micro-managed by Thaksin and transitioning into a vehicle primarily to advance his personal interests. Legitimacy kaput at that point and she is hardly able or willing to reverse the bus. The only other point of discussion would be the terms of her and the rest of the Shinawatras leaving and she has her hands for the moment tied tight by Big Brother. All that we have left is her trademark waffle so into the bin that stuff goes.

Edited by SheungWan
  • Like 2