electric meter

jpmerlin

i buy a old house in udon thani and i do a lot work on it, i redo the electrical, change the old aluminium cable whit cooper wire, and call the electric company to come and install the meter,they come to the house and said is not up to standard,the house site on a dead end and the pole where are all the meter is about 100 meter,what i suppose to do? anybody know?

thank you

i should said the aluminium cable i change for a cooper wire of 10mn is from the house to the pole on the stret the way he was before, and that is about 100 meter.

Edited by Crossy
inserted text from hidden thread

What size service are you asking PEA to install, 5/15, 15/45 or 30/100? This will determine what minimum cable size PEA expect to see from your meter. They will not connect to an under-sized cable, what size aluminium did you remove?

100m is a long run from the meter, dependant upon the response to the above you may need to increase the size of the cable.

Did you use a Thai sparks to do your electrics? Is it wired to the Thai electrical standard or at least in line with this document http://www.crossy.co.uk/Handy%20Files/groundwire.pdf ?

Did you get a report from the PEA man as to what deficiencies he noted?

i ask for a 15/45 meter, the electric company said 100 meter is to fare,they dont said anything about the size of the wire?

for the other question i dont know, i have a electricien to do the work,i cant read le document joint in thail sorry...

PEA will not connect a 15/45 to wire smaller than 16mm2 page 11 of the groundwire.pdf

Also at 45A and 100m you need 25mm2 to keep within 5% volt drop over the cable length. http://www.doncastercables.com/technical/cable_calculator/

You don't have to read the document (although looking at the pictures should help), it's for your sparks.

Get your man to talk to PEA and discuss what needs doing to bring you up to the required standard.

Have you got the required 2.4m ground rod, page 14 of groundwire.pdf?

3-pin outlets?

Front end 30mA RCD?

The required routing of the incoming neutral to form a MEN system? Many drawings in groundwire.pdf, good one also on page 11.

NOTE page references are to the .pdf file, not the document pages.

Along with everything Crossy said, you need to work with your PEA - maybe from your electrician if you don't want to try. Your house had electric before, yah? Maybe from a neighbor? Ask the PEA if they can extend to your property. You may not have things proper but getting them to 'help' you with that will go a long way.

• Like 1