More candle lighting sessions to block Bangkok shutdown

webfact

Going back to the students, as I suspected previously, Thammasat and Chula students are as mixed (or divided?) as the rest of society.

Here are some white shirt election supporters at Thammasat:

And some 'sensible' Chula students, lecturers and alumni supporting the election here - https://www.facebook.com/prach.pan/posts/10153734432415608?stream_ref=10

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

At last, real students doing what students throughout the World do - supporting the right to vote and defending democracy.

A change from those middle-aged thugs that Suthep passes off as "students", hell bent on fighting, shooting and looting, in between beating up taxi drivers, that is!

"Respect my vote" will be the slogan that saves Thailand from slipping down into the cesspit of fascism, Suthep style.

excellent post and right on the button

peaceful demo trying to keep the REAL issue alive

we might not always like what democracy brings us but it has to be a preference to a dictatorship and an unelected elite

True democracy, absolutely.

But, really, do you think the Shin clan are anymore interested in democracy than Suthep's mob? I suggest the Shins would respect the electoral system whilst it works in the favor. Should it not, they would ignore it in the same way they ignore laws and other procedures they don't like.

Throwing out a corrupt government is as much a part of democracy as one man one vote. Being elected doesn't make your corruption legal.

Reforms are needed to protect democracy in Thailand - and neither of the factions currently vying for power and control are really interested in democracy, are they?

And which government in today's world is not corrupt to some extent? Please Enlighten me.... Perhaps the America? One of the most corrupt governments on the planet. You don't throw corrupt governments out in a democracy, you vote them out. End of story.... Well done to those that participate, at least there seems a ray of hope for Thailand. Let's just hope so anyway.wai.gif

but if they are all corrupt whats the point ? its just a vicious circle , corruption out to be replaced by another corrupt Gov;t? . pointless !

The pictures in the first FB link are not of the same guy. Someone totally different. As for the rest, yes, I'm sure it's true that the white shirts are mostly red sympathizers (for now). It's also true that Nattawud etc are wearing white or normal clothes, but so what? If the other side was doing this, it'd be hailed as an attempt to "reach out". Remember the multicolours in 2010, mostly PAD supporters lead by a hardcore royalist but some moderates joined them as well.

Even the girl in the video that was attacked by idiot Thaksin lovers who didn't understand her sign was part of the anti-LM campaign. But decent people in the video helped her and it all ended peacefully. Obviously there will be hardcore TS fans there like the clowns shouting at her, but many are not.

Anti-LM?? ermm.gif huh.png

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203085181828129&set=a.1565708860327.74165.1163552024&type=1&theater

Oops, sorry. I wrote that in a way that was confusing. I meant that girl was apparently previously part of the anti-LM campaign. I don't know that for sure though, just what I read on FB. Not particularly relevant either way, but most people tend to think those who're anti-LM are red sympathisers and the campaign was definitely organized by those sympathetic to reds.

Anyway, I do know for certain that the guy pictured with Thaksin is not the same guy that started the 'Respect My Vote Campaign' though.

The pictures in the first FB link are not of the same guy. Someone totally different. As for the rest, yes, I'm sure it's true that the white shirts are mostly red sympathizers (for now). It's also true that Nattawud etc are wearing white or normal clothes, but so what? If the other side was doing this, it'd be hailed as an attempt to "reach out". Remember the multicolours in 2010, mostly PAD supporters lead by a hardcore royalist but some moderates joined them as well.

Even the girl in the video that was attacked by idiot Thaksin lovers who didn't understand her sign was part of the anti-LM campaign. But decent people in the video helped her and it all ended peacefully. Obviously there will be hardcore TS fans there like the clowns shouting at her, but many are not.

Anti-LM?? ermm.gif huh.png

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10203085181828129&set=a.1565708860327.74165.1163552024&type=1&theater

Oops, sorry. I wrote that in a way that was confusing. I meant that girl was apparently previously part of the anti-LM campaign. I don't know that for sure though, just what I read on FB. Not particularly relevant either way, but most people tend to think those who're anti-LM are red sympathisers and the campaign was definitely organized by those sympathetic to reds.

Anyway, I do know for certain that the guy pictured with Thaksin is not the same guy that started the 'Respect My Vote Campaign' though.

How do you know for sure?

Photo don't lie.

BTW, 99% chula & thammasart student support Suthep. maybe 1% (rotten apple) support Thaksin.

Edited by spare5

How do you know for sure?

Photo don't lie.

BTW, 99% chula & thammasart student support Suthep. maybe 1% (rotten apple) support Thaksin.

Quite a few at Thammasat right now if it's just the 1%...

BdxspzECUAAAQ4I.jpg

But Suthep's mob are "Occupy Bangkok", so even if it is just 1%, I guess they oppose them right? What happened to respecting minority rights? I thought that's what this was all about.

One group shutting down Bangkok and violently calling to put an end to democracy and the basic rights of the people.

Another group calling for democratic elections and peace...

The choice is easy.

The "respect my vote" slogan is certainly more appealing to the international community than "shut down Bangkok"...

And some farangs still support the criminal activities of Suthep... Irrational, really :blink:

Sent from my HTC One using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app