Pegasus Hotel Bar

Silent Tiger

Ive been told by a few friend who travel to Issan to try the Pegasus Hotel & Bar ?

I have not been to Korat since 1992 where is this place & can anybody give me as many details as possible please :o

To get to the Pegasus you pass Makro heading towards Joho and then right at the next major junction with traffic lights (make sure you stay on the main highway not the frontage road or you will be unable to turn right) I have not been to the bar but did end up on the top floor on one drunken night which I found very pleasant.

Thanks got the drift :D

How far outside town is it & do local taxis know it !!!

Im gonna pop up to Korat have not been for many years is there any nightlife please & i will be travelling with 2 mates not female :o:D

Please where good rooms & where to go many thanks.

Thanks got the drift :D

How far outside town is it & do local taxis know it !!!

Im gonna pop up to Korat have not been for many years is there any nightlife please & i will be travelling with 2 mates not female :o:D

Please where good rooms & where to go many thanks.

A good starting place might be the Pasinee Restaurant. Lots of info available there and you can relax with a cold beer or other beverage. Mike, the owner/manager knows many of the local night spots and there is usually a number of local "expats" there with additional info. Most Tuk tuks know how to get there and if not, tell them "The Pizza Shop" as it's right next door. Here is a link to the Pasinee web page: Pasinee Restaurant

Also many hotels from "cheap" to "expensive". What are you looking for???? :D

Edited by Ken

scary thing is, while I don't know the pegasus bar/hotel/br*thel, I do know where makro is... and how much time have I spent in Korat??? hm... that would be NONE.

Amazing how great a resourse the expat comunity is.

So, maybe after my long trip I should start there then....not.

Ken

I want a decent hotel mate !!!

Thanks for your info anything else please post i will come up for a few days

Just a "quick" search: I came up with this site that offers The Royal Princess (4 star) at $34usd and Sima Thani (5 star) at $31usd. The star is their rating I guess. I think I would have said the Princess to be a 5 star and the Sima a 4 star. But either way, both hotels are quite nice. Never stayed at the Princess as it's kind of far from any "action" IMHO. I have stayed at the Sima Thani and it's quite nice.

Korat Hotels.

There is also the "Korat Hotel". I think around 500 Baht and some people have said it is ok. Located in the "center" of town. The Rachaphruk seems to be a popular hotel, especially with Thai Businessmen as well as Farang and the internet price looks like around 1275 Baht. Never stayed there but have been inside and it looks quite nice.Rachaphruk Hotel

Cheap hotel just up from Pasinee Restaurant called the Sri Pattana at about 600 Baht. I've stayed there and it ain't great but isn't all that bad, though some posters here may disagree with me. :D I've also stayed at the KC Pavillion on the "main road" and just down the street from the Rachaphruk for around 650 Baht. Again I think it's "ok" but not near as nice (plush) as the Sima or Princess would be.

At any rate there is quite a number of hotels in the area. I'm not sure if Cobra Gold is still going on so some of the hotels could be "busy". And another link to the Pasinee Restaurant. Stop in there for even more info. :DPasinee Restaurant

Have fun in Korat. :o:D:D

I stay in the Pegasus whenever I go to Korat. I was there a month ago and paid 550 baht. There is a good karaoke bar just up the stairs from the foyer. They have hostesses, should you want some company. Depending on how fussy you are, the rooms are reasonable and clean.

Walking through the hotel to the rear carpark, it exits into a road full of restaurants and Thai style bars. Many with live music. For a short stay, there is all you need. A tuk tuk to the town centre will cost you 50baht, but there is not really much to see. :o

Korat Hotel has a night club and masage palour in the same courtyard along with 2 or 3 kareoke bars. One in the hotel its self. there is a family mart on the corner for cheap snacks and bits and bobs. Tuk tuks line up out side from 5am to 3am. you can't go wrong with a king size std room for 600bht. thats where I spent the week comenceing 27may 2006.