Suthep voted Asia's Person of the Year 2013

Lite Beer

Anyway what's the problem ?? Suthep for whatever peoples likes and dislikes, is in opposition to a dictatorial government.

You got it wrong, the current government is democratically elected, Suthep is a dictatorial wannabe.

You also have a memory loss, dem/elected but failed miserably to be a democratic run government. brought the country to it's knees, and bankrupt---you think this is nothing---Fine ---you want them back good for you. you are in complete denial.

It's all been said before and the same OLD argument is- -They were elected SO ???? that's fine--BUT you know the rest.

Edited by ginjag
  • Like 2

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why would a leading "educational organisation" consider Khun Suthep? Has he made any contribution in this field and how has he contributed to better mutual understanding ?

Considering Asia Society's mission statement, wouldn't Ms. Malala be a more deserving candidate ?

Sent from my iPhone using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

1938 Hitler voted man of the year ......

I was posting exactly the same, but for Mussolini...thumbsup.gif

Sorry, Time magazine voted Hitler 1938 man of the year, 1939 and 1942 Stalin. Mussolini was never on the list....

wai.gif

',,,all point to these votes being the acts of many, many actual people — very passionate people," said Asia Society.'

All in all, a well orchestrated and organised farce.

Not a farce at all. It's the nature of the game. Take the Sportsperson of the Year award in the UK. Year after year the winner comes from the person who got the most votes which are usually orchestrated by that person's supporters.

Yingluck's supporters could have organised the same support if they were so inclined but it doesn't seem that many, if any, bothered to nominate her.

What I find utterly ludicrous is the suggestion that Yinkluck could be nominated for a nobel Peace Prize. That would devalue things there I would have thought. How can she be compared to Mandela, Gandhi, Aung San Suu Kyi? Beats me!

ginjag said:

Oh please --just wish this Hitler name is never mentioned, I was a baby at the war time, and read too much to have his name brought up to compare with anyone.

All destructive regimes of the past century had a charismatic leader in the beginning who made great speeches, claims and promises in order to get into power. At first, they were persuaders but employed similar paths and methods once they consolidated their positions of power. Do not sweep aside examples from history just because you are tired of hearing a name (btw, I agree A.H. name is overused). If we want to prevent repeating history, we must be aware of it. Suthep is exhibiting the same behaviors as those (names) when they were first coming into prominence and during ascendancy. As such, all I am saying is that this man is not to be trusted with the reins of power until he proves he wants stable governance. Hasn't done it yet.

I am well aware of the Maybe, Also aware that anyone that wants power has their way of doing it. But I am too long in the tooth to get drawn into discussions regarding evil.

We do not have to get carried away with the Hitler history, and start to compare.

A few posters started this saga re Hitler to stir up hate-because they are obsessed with Suthep, and cannot bring themselves to see sense.

So many trusted the PM and PTP so that was OK, and look at the mess.

Most went with the flow to back Yingluck, and instead of looking at the mega probs, turn to Suthep and use him as the problem. Naturally we have to be extra cautious and have no choice in the happenings. If it turns out bad then the Thai people will have to find a new way.

The ballot box is the democratic way, but it brings back the same trough feeders. When the Thai money dries up completely then and only then will they shout more. UP TO THEM.

Here's the Asia Society's account of what happened in the polling.

As of December 31st Suthep had almost zero votes from the time the polling opened December 20th.

Then in the past closing daze [sic] the poll had 165,000 hits from Thailand (not 6 million).

The runnerup, teenager Malala Yousafzai, who has recovered from a shot to the head by the Taliban, had "close to" 12,000 votes which Asia Society says would be enough to win in any normal voting year. (Suthep got almost 116,000 votes which I believe Asia society says is an unprecedentedly large number of votes beyond the typical number of the annual poll's number of reader-voters.)

The sudden surge of voting this year in the final daze of the open online polling shows what Suthep's still anonymous feudal council and its mob supporters will do to voting and elections polling here in Thailand.

http://asiasociety.org/blog/asia/how-thailands-suthep-thaugsuban-ran-away-our-person-year-poll

OK Publicus now highlight the the following text in the Asia Society's article! "The sudden surge of voting this year in the final daze of the open online polling shows what Suthep's still anonymous feudal council and its mob supporters will do to voting and elections polling here in Thailand." You are an unscrupulous, lying and devious TV poster and have edited that text in, to try and make people believe the opposite. What was actually written is as follows?

Quote "As it did in 2012, the unusually large number of votes did raise some red flags for us. Are these votes real? Did we get hacked? But the amount of visitors that flooded our site from Thailand (with close to 300,000 pageviews, the poll is easily the most popular piece of content on Asia Society's website ... ever), the number of blog comments (more than 400), Facebook likes (54,000), and write-in votes all point to these votes being the acts of many, many actual people — very passionate people."

Care to defend your your position?

Whatever are you on about?

My post is my post, i.e, I wrote it. Every word of it. My post was done to encapsulate certain basic facts from the website's own statement, which I did do. My post also is my narrative point of view writing.

You erroneously read my post to be literal quotes of the Asia Society by me rather than my own narrative. Then you go running off in that wrong direction, charging and barging.

To boot, you omitted the "[sic]" I wrote after I wrote the word "daze" as in 'days.'

Sober up and calm down whydoncha.

Edited by Publicus

However sick some of the TV posters may be with the Shin Clan, you really need to keep in mind the reality is that Suthep is a clear manipulator with no agenda for any democracy or for Thailand purely for greed for his Clan and supporters. Democracy however young in its infancy it may be in Thailand it has given free speech to TV posters within the guidlines of Thai Visa. I doubt if that cherished morsel of freedom will be ours in the near future if Suthep and his band of spam/ hackers have their way. It is truly sad that Malala did not win perhaps we will see more magazines hijacked to honour the esteemed leader. Heil Suthep

There is a more important person that should win the Person of the year for his family contribution to the well being of the Thai people.

Suthep taking that honor away from him is a sign of disrespect.

Unfortunately that person cannot be named, but his family continue his legacy, in running the country, helping the people, especially the poor in the North and Issan to sure they get a fair crop price, cheap health care, village funds for projects, OTOP, tablet for the nation's young generation, etc.

Edited by Spare

As of December 31st Suthep had almost zero votes from the time the polling opened December 20th.

Then in the past closing daze [sic] the poll had 165,000 hits from Thailand (not 6 million).

The runnerup, teenager Malala Yousafzai, who has recovered from a shot to the head by the Taliban, had "close to" 12,000 votes which Asia Society says would be enough to win in any normal voting year. (Suthep got almost 116,000 votes which I believe Asia society says is an unprecedentedly large number of votes beyond the typical number of the annual poll's number of reader-voters.)

The sudden surge of voting this year in the final daze of the open online polling shows what Suthep's still anonymous feudal council and its mob supporters will do to voting and elections polling here in Thailand.

http://asiasociety.org/blog/asia/how-thailands-suthep-thaugsuban-ran-away-our-person-year-poll

OK Publicus now highlight the the following text in the Asia Society's article! "The sudden surge of voting this year in the final daze of the open online polling shows what Suthep's still anonymous feudal council and its mob supporters will do to voting and elections polling here in Thailand." You are an unscrupulous, lying and devious TV poster and have edited that text in, to try and make people believe the opposite. What was actually written is as follows?

Quote "As it did in 2012, the unusually large number of votes did raise some red flags for us. Are these votes real? Did we get hacked? But the amount of visitors that flooded our site from Thailand (with close to 300,000 pageviews, the poll is easily the most popular piece of content on Asia Society's website ... ever), the number of blog comments (more than 400), Facebook likes (54,000), and write-in votes all point to these votes being the acts of many, many actual people — very passionate people."

My post is my post, i.e, I wrote it. Every word of it. My post was done to encapsulate certain basic facts from the website's own statement, which I did do. My post also is my narrative point of view writing.

You erroneously read my post to be literal quotes of the Asia Society by me rather than my own narrative. Then you go running off in that wrong direction, charging and barging.

To boot, you omitted the "[sic]" I wrote after I wrote the word "daze" as in 'days.'

You made the statement, "Here's the Asia Society's account of what happened in the polling." You continued your own interpretation of the Asia Society's account to suit your ends by including in your final

sentence and I repeat it for your benefit.

"Suthep's still anonymous feudal council and its mob supporters will do to voting and elections polling here in Thailand."

There is no mention in the Asia Society text about "mob supporters". Therefore you fabricated your 'story' for personal effect and to support your own views, no argument! Consequently you did not write a true and factual account. Consequently my reply stands as written and there was nothing 'erroneous' in my post.

Suggest you sober up, I don't drink.

If that's your best effort then don't give up the day job.

You made the statement, "Here's the Asia Society's account of what happened in the polling." You continued your own interpretation of the Asia Society's account to suit your ends by including in your final

sentence and I repeat it for your benefit.

"Suthep's still anonymous feudal council and its mob supporters will do to voting and elections polling here in Thailand."

There is no mention in the Asia Society text about "mob supporters". Therefore you fabricated your 'story' for personal effect and to support your own views, no argument! Consequently you did not write a true and factual account. Consequently my reply stands as written and there was nothing 'erroneous' in my post.

Suggest you sober up, I don't drink.

If that's your best effort then don't give up the day job.

You need to learn how to read so you can cease making vile accusations, which might not stop you anyway.

I've been Yahooing and Googling for an hour trying to find out what kinds of Reform Proposals Suthep and his Group are advocating. If anybody has a List or a Link, Post here, or, please Message me.

The answer is....... there isnt any they will decide that when they convene their peoples council, probably made up of all their personal friends seeing as they haven't even given one name to be on it ...

As movements go this one has no plan. no solutions and no real answers other than ... we want the control and we will tell you what to do later............ all very crazy.gif.pagespeed.ce.dzDUUqYcHZ.gif