Tennis in Phuket

PhuketAmerican

Looking for other people interested in meeting up for some friendly doubles and singles matches, all skill levels welcome, even if you just want to learn and have a racket. I'm trying to get more exercise and because of my schedule have trouble organizing play, thought it would be cool to come up with a group that can meet twice a month or so. Just post what days in January and Feb you could play and times if you're interested, and we can figure out a time and place for our first meet up. If anyone knows of good courts post the location, Ive only played at school in Nai Yang. Whose up to hit a few tennis balls around?

• 4 months later...

Hi PhuketAmerican,

Have just joined this website and was looking for some useful info on visa run news as its a hot topic lately and found your request. I am just a social player also looking for a bit of exercise. i have been living in phuket now for a couple of months with my wife and its time I start doing something. If you or your group need an extra player, let me know. PS I will have to research buying a racket and some balls. cheers AUSSIE BOB

I live in Rawai, and play at either Intana in Chalong (near the big TOT office) or the Hilton in Karon and am interested in anyone who wants to play singles in those areas.
I have an extra racquet (and some balls)
Rates are 300/hr. or 350/hr at Hilton.
I'm free Monday, Wed, mornings at 9AM

I know rainy season is starting, but I'm up for a friendly game (B player), of singles if those times/days work for you.

Hi PhuketAmerican,

Have just joined this website and was looking for some useful info on visa run news as its a hot topic lately and found your request. I am just a social player also looking for a bit of exercise. i have been living in phuket now for a couple of months with my wife and its time I start doing something. If you or your group need an extra player, let me know. PS I will have to research buying a racket and some balls. cheers AUSSIE BOB

Outrigger Laguna has a very friendly and motivated Tennis Pro. There is Social Tennis on a Friday night that is great for anyone who is more than a beginner tennis player i.e. knows how to play. There is also a mens only evening designed for those who really want to whack the ball and have it returned - a Wednesday evening I think. You need to book so that the evenings do not get over subscribed. The charge is about THB 350 for about 2 hours of very pleasant tennis (Friday evening) I am not up to Wednesday evening standard.

thanks for feedback so far and will give some more thought into it as I am not a graded player, so I think singles with a B grader is out for me, sorry fiddlehead. I really would prefer doubles and I think the friday night will be more my style, at least until I get back into the swing of things (have not player for approx 12mths). I am just a social player (1 or 2 games a mth back home) and just for exercise not really into the competitive stuff although it did get interesting sometimes. I live in Phuket town at present but moving to Patong in the coming month. Travel is not a real issue but if others are in need of an extra player near Patong, I am up for it.

Hello, I am also up for some extra tennis, think I am an average player hard to say tbh but never been graded, can travel best times for me early evening but very flexible.

I know the outrigger not been there to play, played on courts at indigo blue, played at Karon Hilton, behind tesco lotus kathu also has courts used last year, Thayapura has excellent courts, send me a pm can do singles or try doubles, I may try one of mens social evenings.

Edited by baggies666

Hello, I am also up for some extra tennis, think I am an average player hard to say tbh but never been graded, can travel best times for me early evening but very flexible.

I know the outrigger not been there to play, played on courts at indigo blue, played at Karon Hilton, behind tesco lotus kathu also has courts used last year, Thayapura has excellent courts, send me a pm can do singles or try doubles, I may try one of mens social evenings.

Hi baggies666,

I am new to this and not exactly sure how to do the pm. I have been out and about today looking for some of the courts mentioned in previous posts. I didn't find the one down near tot at chalong, saw the football and I think hockey or some other football grounds opposite tot. I found the courts at suphin hin (Phuket town) which appeared in reasonable condition. There was nobody there at the time so I couldn't ask about court fees but I read somewhere to just go use them and somebody comes around to collect the money. Even though I have been here a few mths, I do not know my way around most places yet. I also need to buy a racket and some balls, so give me a day or so and I am keen.

I am hoping more for doubles but a hit of singles is fine too, it might push me a bit faster to better fitness.

Thanks rob

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand

Intana (3 tennis courts) is across the road from the football fields, just behind the new Latex store which is directly next to the TOT main offices. You have to turn into the road there that houses many Muay Thai camps. My buddy calls it "soi tatto" because of the many people who train there.

The courts at Sapin Hin in Phuket town are free.
They were resurfaced last year I believe and are indeed in good shape.

The strange thing about them is, they lock them up during holidays. Go figure.

I have seen the ones by tot office on my travels to chalong think they were around 300thb an hour too, the ones at sapin hin I will look at on my travels, not sure about reasonable tennis racquets as I brought mine with me from uk but a little shop next to robinsons in phuket town I updated my trainers & they had a few.

Have purchased equipment and now ready to set up a time and location to play. I have plenty of free time so I will leave this to you to recommend. Suphin hin courts are free and recently re surfaced in good condition but happy to meet elsewhere. Just for your info, I will be away next Tuesday for a couple of days doing my 90 day visa boarder run and having a stop over somewhere.

Sent from my iPad using Thaivisa Connect Thailand