Bangkok's Best Sunday Roast Dinner!

Hardened Spanker

Ok,so I've been a bit waylaid due to Christmas and New year but I'm now going to try my best to sample a different Sunday Roast every week and post an independent review of it on here.All other reviews or even conflicting reviews are absolutely welcome,hopefully between us all we can come up with the best dinner or dinners in The Big Mango!biggrin.png

First up is The Queen Victoria,an English Bar at the other end of Soi Cowboy to Soi 23 and Asok/Petchaburi BTS/MRT.

So a new-ish looking bar,pretty easy to find once you've walked down Soi cowboy,perusing the goods on offer!laugh.png

Has 4 big screens with all the Premier League Football on,bit quiet but has a great choice of Lamb,Chicken,Beef or Pork,the big 4!I went for the Lamb as I don't know anywhere else that sells it in Bangkok and it's my favourite.

It was quite thin slices of Lamb but very good nevertheless,pot of Mint Sauce arrived on the table beforehand which was great,no gravy boat but a reasonable amount of gravy over the meat and veg,standard roast potatoes and al dente vegetables.Broccoli,Carrots,Cauliflower etc.

All in all good value,I think it was 399 for the lamb with the other meats 3-350 baht.Would definitely return,plus the walk home could be great for dessert,which reminds me I had apple and rhubarb crumble with vanilla ice-cream which was also very good.

Any other reviews welcome and encouraged!wai.gif

• Like 1

I've been told by acquaintances that the Londoner Pub on Soi 33 has one of the better Sunday roast dinners. I always intend to go when I'm in Bangkok but keep forgetting as the Sunday roast doesn't have the significance in my country that it does for those of other countries (predominantly English/British descent, as far as I can tell.) That said, I do like a good meal and will probably check it out one day.

(Disclaimer: I have no affiliation whatsoever with the Londoner Pub.)

• 10 months later...

Bump!

Now my old favourite 'The Londoner' is closed until next year. Where is the place to get a good roast in Bkk nowadays?

Going to try 'The Huntsman' this weekend unless any decent new ones have popped up!!

Price isn't the main concern, quality is.

Any new kids on the block?