Honda Civic about to buy but New model out soon?

kwak250

Hi all well things are looking good wife just sold her old car and we decided to get a Honda Civic

Went to the showroom to be told by the salesman we should wait a new shape model will be coming soon but as this was all new in 2012 how true could this be

Any advise welcome as i once bought the Toyota Tiger and quess what 4 months later the Toyota Vigo came out

With the baht to uk sterling at 53-54 its quite a good time to buy .

Thanks everyone

External cosmetics appears to be only small changes. One of the biggest changes is going from 5 speed auto to CVT (continuously variable transmission) which purports to give better fuel economy. Slight power boost also. A video of the 2014 but this is the North American version so the interior materials/colors may not be what is available here.

Thanks for all you help I also was surprised the salesman said there is a new one coming soon maybe because they didnt have the white one in stock? When is the minor change version due as I dont mind waiting a while especially if the baht stays the same or gives even more ! Cvt also sounds good!

Thanks for all you help I also was surprised the salesman said there is a new one coming soon maybe because they didnt have the white one in stock? When is the minor change version due as I dont mind waiting a while especially if the baht stays the same or gives even more ! Cvt also sounds good!

From my experience, they are usually released between 4-6 months into the new year. But will depend on their production cycle as it is not clear if they are fully up on their production runs now. The Honda Thai site still shows the current model (2013).

CVT gets mixed reviews, apart fro economy are they any use.?.coffee1.gif

For fairly sedate drivers, of which I'm not, they are much smoother. In my swift it's a bit buzzy when pushed hard (when the revs shoot up but the speed hasn't increased yet). I think in a more powerful car it will be more tolerable though. I'm sure a cvt will give 1-2 km/l better economy in a civic, but time will tell. I think the cvt also improves acceleration - a video I saw on youtube showed better acceleration of an altis cvt compared to the auto 1.8 civic. Would a cvt come with a minor model change though?

• Like 1

As for the Civic why change a known reliable bit for an unknown bit. Done 42 K in just over a year in a Navi, not missed a beat. Only thing i recommend is dump the O.E. crap Good Year tires and fit Mich Pilot Sport, to reduce the road noise. To me this economy things going too far, im not interested in a couple of extra clicks gained by a Micky Mouse box like the Nissan CVT rubbish they put in U.S Models. Some U.S tests slated the new Altis Box on You Tube. . Works well in a Swift for sure,but thats not over a Ton.I definitely wont be buying a new Civic with one , till it been proven. coffee1.gif .

All new 1.8 and 2.0 models have CVT, they're programmed to simulate gear changes (7 speed) which mimics a traditional torque converter.. works fine when driving normal but step on it and the rpm stays around 6000 rpm and you accelerate continuously..

• 2 months later...

It should have a new Fluid Suspension and noise suppression ,but as with the new Mazda3,will we in Thailand get the real deal, who knows.?.The new front end looks nice , the rears not too hot,but thats much the same on most these days.Im waiting to see the new 2 Series BMW and the Honda and Mazda before i change.Bit stupid i suppose,sure to stick with Honda Service and Value in the end...