crayfish and fish

namdocmai

I saw some nice red crayfish for sale on the market and wanted to buy them. I asked the sales if they would eat any fish in my pond. The sales said they can eat slow fish but not fast ones that he was selling. So i bought 4 crayfish and some leoleo fish as well because they couldn't catch them as he said.

Now after 1 day i see one crayfish monging on a big goldfish that supposed to be leo leo. It has the same size as the crayfish (small).

I don't care if they eat my fish but i need something to keep mosquit's at bay of my pond so they won't lay eggs in there. What can i use for that? Some other fish maybe but which ones?

Goldfish,koi, guppies,mosquitofish (Gambusia) will all eat mozzie larvae ,just keep them hungry by not overfeeding.

Well it was a goldfish that the crayfish was eating. I had many guppies as well but some other small orange goldfish? ate them i guess or it was the cold weather from last weeks that killed them. It was 15 degree's some nights. Or maybe some bird ate the guppies but then they were very smart because i made many nets around the pond but it was possible.

I had gambusia as well and in the morning they were floating but not dead from the cold spell. The orange ones that survived look the same but then in orange.

So the crayfish can't eat the fish that you mentioned above? We will see because i still have them.

• 4 months later...

Update? Well all the bigger goldfish have died after the toads set eggs in the pond. I removed almost all of the eggs but couldn't get the whole strings out.

The crayfish have been mating and since then they like to hide. They have many hidingplaces so we don't know what's going on. No baby's yet.

They still love to eat bananas.