Got 3 Tourist visas. Can I ask for a double entry Tourist visa?

Hey

During 2013 i had the following visas in Thailand:

March 2013: Visa on arrival (30 days) which was extended 30 days because of hospital treatment

July 2013: Single entry tourist visa from the Thai embassy in Sweden (extended 30 days)

October 2013: Single entry tourist visa from the Thai embassy in Singapore (extended 30 days)

Im Swedish and Im planning on staying in Thailand 3-4 months more and then I will continue my travels to India. So now j need to go to Lao to get a new Tourist visa, I never got a tourist visa from Vientiane before, but my Thai visas is stacking up and Im worried that I wont get another visa. Is it unwise of me to ask for a double entry tourist visa? I might be fine with a single entry, but it would be nice with a double entry in case I wanna stay longer. If I apply for a double entry and get denied, do i need to re apply for a single entry or do they give you a single entry instead if they think you qualify for it?

I'm talking to some charity organisations in Thailand about maybe start working for them, and in that case they would fix a working visa for me. If the embassy would deny me a tourist visa, wouldnt it be wise of me to show the emails between me and my potential employer that we're talking about me working there? Would they really deny me a tourist visa if im going to Thailand to look for a job?

There is no limit on the number of days you can be in the country during any period of time on tourist visas or visa exempt entries.

Normally the only limitation is the number of back to back visas you can get from one location. But there are some embassies and consulates that have been reported as not doing a visa because a person had several already (Vientiane is not one of them).

There is no limit on the number of days you can be in the country during any period of time on tourist visas or visa exempt entries.

Normally the only limitation is the number of back to back visas you can get from one location. But there are some embassies and consulates that have been reported as not doing a visa because a person had several already (Vientiane is not one of them).

Thank you for that clarification Ubonjoe.

Can you provide a link to some proof of this?

I'm on two back to back visa exempt entries and will be getting another next time I enter (by air from Hong Kong).

I had planned to learn Thai, but the recent rule changes with respect to ED visas and the fact that I haven't found a school which is a) convenient, or B) well recommended means I don't know which school to enroll at (I live in Bangkok out near Bangna).

Until I find a school I like I'm likely to be flying back to Hong Kong every month and therefore coming in on visa exempt 30 day entries so nice to know I'm not breaking any rules and potentially spoiling it for other people.

Cheers!

Okay This sounds a little like not an exact science. Vientiane can change the policy on a whim. You mention the number of back to back tourist visas having a limit. Should I read that as all will give at least one back to back?? Or not?

Okay This sounds a little like not an exact science. Vientiane can change the policy on a whim. You mention the number of back to back tourist visas having a limit. Should I read that as all will give at least one back to back?? Or not?

There is absolutely no law, regulation or rule that limits the total amount of time you can be in the country on any type of visa or exempt entries.

For Vientiane it is 3 back to back 2 entry visas from them. But they do not refuse to issue you a visa. They will issue a single entry and put a stamp in your passport informing you that you have reached the limit.

As a Swede, you didn't have a visa on arrival; you had 30 days' validity. You can likely continue with that without applying for a visa, but if you are going to apply for a visa, why keep changing consulates/embassies? You might be able to obtain a triple entry, but perhaps the question you should be asking is: which consulate/embassy is likely to be the most accommodating to you?

• Like 1

Just wanted everyone to know that i did get a double entry tourist visa :) Everything went really smoothly! Thanks for the help!

Btw, so I dont have to start another thread. After I spent my first 2-3 months on my first entry, and then I might go back to Sweden. Within what time do I have to use my second entry so it doesn't expire?

Just wanted everyone to know that i did get a double entry tourist visa smile.png Everything went really smoothly! Thanks for the help!

Btw, so I dont have to start another thread. After I spent my first 2-3 months on my first entry, and then I might go back to Sweden. Within what time do I have to use my second entry so it doesn't expire?

There is a date on the visa ------------it says "enter before" once that date is past the visa is of no use .

My gf was refused a tourist visa in Veintenne a couple months ago. She had one single entry tv from Penang and a few visa exempt stamps. She had received a double entry tv in Vientenne over a year previous but in her old passport. She is Philipino so perhaps the rules are different for them.

The last visa run I did was in Vientiane and everybody (hotels, visa agents, visa run companies) was saying how they'll only issue you 2 double-entry tourist visas now. Also they don't allow agents to get your visa on your behalf anymore, you have to go in person to the consulate.

Edited by gavin310

The last visa run I did was in Vientiane and everybody (hotels, visa agents, visa run companies) was saying how they'll only issue you 2 double-entry tourist visas now. Also they don't allow agents to get your visa on your behalf anymore, you have to go in person to the consulate.

I used an agent last time I visited VTE... That was a while ago so I'm not saying your info isn't more up to date, but the cynical old b'stard in me is wondering if perhaps they're just using that to leverage a price increase for doing it via an agent, perhaps the agents (and their friends inside the consulate) had a falling out over who gets what cut of the 'fee'.

"Normally the only limitation is the number of back to back visas you can get from one location." But what exactly counts as "back to back"? I got 2 back to back single entry tourist visas from Vientiane, no problem; left the country for a couple months in the US, entered on the 30 day extension, and then got a single entry tourist visa from Vientiane, along with the red stamp -- even though I'd been off tourist visas for about 3 months.

(See http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/697616-i-got-red-stamped/ for full details).

I'm planning on trying Savannakhet next month; guess I'll ask for a double-entry -- I figure it can't hurt -- they don't do triple-entry there, do they?

The rules are different for Filipinas. Vientiane will only give a single entry TV for Filipinos, although I am surprised that your g/f was refused in her circumstances. I have this problem for my wife's sister who is a Filipina. We used the visa agents in Vientiane last week, but they have absolutely no influence on anyone in the Embassy, so we were still stuck with a single entry for her. The agents now are just a bunch of con artists.

In Savannakhet, the visa was sorted last year by a friend and she got a double entry TV, but we had to show details of income. I wasn't there, but I know they had to cross back to Thailand to get this sorted, so clarify this before you go to Savannakhet if you want a double entry TV.

My gf was refused a tourist visa in Veintenne a couple months ago. She had one single entry tv from Penang and a few visa exempt stamps. She had received a double entry tv in Vientenne over a year previous but in her old passport. She is Philipino so perhaps the rules are different for them.

Edited by SPIKECM

Just wanted everyone to know that i did get a double entry tourist visa :) Everything went really smoothly! Thanks for the help!

Where did u get your double entry tourist visa?

I know people living in Thailand for years in a tourist visa, they always change checkpoints, never ever repeat one. I did myself in the past for 2 years. Border in Malysia (Sadao - Taleban Park), Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia... also you have cheap flights in Asia to get around (need a return ticket). To get visa in the border you do not need a return ticket. I think it still working, cause a friend of mine did in the last month, he went to myanmar for 3 days and back to Thailand with a brand new visa (30 days). biggrin.png

I know people living in Thailand for years in a tourist visa, they always change checkpoints, never ever repeat one. I did myself in the past for 2 years. Border in Malysia (Sadao - Taleban Park), Myanmar, Laos, Cambodia... also you have cheap flights in Asia to get around (need a return ticket). To get visa in the border you do not need a return ticket. I think it still working, cause a friend of mine did in the last month, he went to myanmar for 3 days and back to Thailand with a brand new visa (30 days). biggrin.png

You writing about visa exempt entries which is not a tourist visa. Tourist visas are only obtained at embassies or consulates.

You writing about visa exempt entries which is not a tourist visa. Tourist visas are only obtained at embassies or consulates.

Not only that, but the suggestion to never repeat a border is unnecessary. They are never going to not let you back in regardless the number of times you enter and exit.

You visa is only valid for 90 days. You must use the 2nd entry before the enter before date on the visa.

If you go back to Sweden you should get a new visa there. You might even be able to get a 3 entry.

His Double Entry Tourist visa is valid for 6 months. Double and Triple have a 6 months limit. Single have 90 days.

A triple will be no problem to get in Sweden. In Stockholm he have to apply at the Embassy. But in Gothenburg he can just send it in with mail. And he will get it back by mail about a week later

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

You visa is only valid for 90 days. You must use the 2nd entry before the enter before date on the visa.

If you go back to Sweden you should get a new visa there. You might even be able to get a 3 entry.

His Double Entry Tourist visa is valid for 6 months. Double and Triple have a 6 months limit. Single have 90 days.

A triple will be no problem to get in Sweden. In Stockholm he have to apply at the Embassy. But in Gothenburg he can just send it in with mail. And he will get it back by mail about a week later

Sent from my GT-I9152 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

He got his visa in Vientiane. They issue 2 entry visas with a 90 day validity. There are also other locations that also give a 90 day validity for entry visas.