Problems With Toyota Fortuner?

Hello all, am thinking of purhasing a Toyota Fortuner and have heard from locals that this car will have brake problems at about 1000 km. Has anyone else heard this and any owners of the Fortuner have any issues/pluses they can tell me?

Basically looking for a second car, maybe an SUV-type/non mini van looking vehicle.

Thanks All.

Hi,

I’ve driven about 25,000 k’s in my fortuner and have never had any problems at all. I also have at least 3 friends who also drive fortuner and they have never mentioned having any issues with the brakes.

Tompa

I suspect it goes back to that guy who put bigger rims and wanted Toyota to fix his breaks for free, burned his car and got in the news with a "brake problem". It's been described in details in some earlier threads.

I suspect it goes back to that guy who put bigger rims and wanted Toyota to fix his breaks for free, burned his car and got in the news with a "brake problem". It's been described in details in some earlier threads.

Yup I concur. If you keep the car standard you'll have no problems. If you fit 22" rims that don't provide adequate cooling for the braking system then your gonna have problems.

Funny how one incident due to a dozy sod wanting to bling up his fortuner translates into all Fortuners have brake problems :o