When you want a relationship, but there are too many options...

jackspade

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

i faced a similar situation myself. my advice is to never marry below your station. middle and lower class girls can appear cute at first but you will soon tire of their ignorance and lack of social standing. in my case i had an investigator vet all the candidates as to medical history, education, etc etc and also investigated the relatives. i then had a short list from which i selected my wife based on her looks, personality and suitability for child rearing. we have had a long and happy relationship due mainly to me doing my homework and i am very happy with the children she has produced.

you had a private investigator do the homework for you..... that is really strange.

I've just been through this but Im older than you dating girls in the same age group as you. Ive now meet an amazing girl and we love each other. She asked me the same questions as your thread and asked if I was a butterfly. I told her straight that Im no virgin and have had some fun in the past but now seeking a serious relationship- which was the truth.

The closer the thai girls get to 30 the more sensible they will be and thus probably seeking a serious relationship. They just want to be loved like any other human being and most of them are looking for a genuine kind guy. If this is what you are and if you can portray this then you will succeed. If you find a good one, close the dating website (de-register) and tell her you did this for her. Prove that you like her. Take the steps to be a genuine guy and devote yourself only to her. She will feel loved and accept you. Its the best thing to meet a good thai girl and fall in love and I hope it works for you as well. Good luck

It makes me laugh when you get OP (old people), bitter, and in envy at the young folks.

To the OP (original poster), it sounds like your here to have fun, so go have it. Things can get real boring, when your old, and with out money in a country that is trying to kick you out whistling.gif

If I where you I'd keep my costs down, travel, see the island..

no offenses but its true girls who have no problem dating foreigners are either hookers or have the thought process of hookers. It game really isnt the same as with your home country girls.

Offensive nonsense !! My wife has never been a hooker, nor does she have the thought process of hookers.

No offense but you are probably basing your rude assertion on the ladies you have met and are meeting. Try to get out more than just Pattaya, Patong, Soi Cowboy, Nana and Pat Pong. You'll find the vast majority of Thai ladies are not hookers, and many who are interested in foreigners are educated professionals who are totally pissed off with the philandering and lies of Thai men, or have spent time overseas and look at things more internationally.

Of course there are cultural differences and niceties to be observed, as with any country. Thai ladies dress beautifully and always seem to look sexy - but their relationship expectations are often very "old fashioned" in complete contrast to your thinking them all easy hookers!

mate I have a sneaking suspicion that oogster8, may just be a Thai "lady" and just having a bit of a go....

i faced a similar situation myself. my advice is to never marry below your station. middle and lower class girls can appear cute at first but you will soon tire of their ignorance and lack of social standing. in my case i had an investigator vet all the candidates as to medical history, education, etc etc and also investigated the relatives. i then had a short list from which i selected my wife based on her looks, personality and suitability for child rearing. we have had a long and happy relationship due mainly to me doing my homework and i am very happy with the children she has produced.

You clearly have some serious childhood issues and need to see a head doctor ,what a catch you must be to youre partner.Who did al these checks for you the NSA?

I thought it sounded like a nice business transaction.due diligence and all that and obviously the "stock held"has appreciated in value.To be fair i wish i'd done due diligence on wives no.1 and 2.Wife no.3 i got lucky without a check up on medical history,bank balance,education and dodgy family and relatives.

• Like 1

The OP will be back in 6 months with a "Help!! Is she just with me for my money?" post...

Or perhaps "Help! I've just realized my Thai GF is actually a man!" . . . or "Help! She told me she love me long time, but my money's run out and now she's left me!" . . . the list goes on . . .

@OP - you will find some serious replies amongst all the sarcasm here, but these kinds of questions have been done to death over the years, just do a search before posting to find the answers you need.

AAH - "The women I've been meeting and/or talking to are between 20 and 30 years old, usually middle class, speak fairly good english, and have gone to university. A couple of them have even split the bill with me, surprisingly." No no, not surprising at all - going to university indicates they are easily sharp enough to do a little bill-splitting now with their eye on the long game ! One day you might even be in the situation of being offered to have the bill split and 'her half' being paid with cash you'd forgotten you gave her a month ago !!! biggrin.png

Best not to speak than to tell them something that they really don't want to hear. No girl or guy likes a butterfly for a bf or gf. Always answer with a question. When they say you are handsome man and must have many girls... Just say " really, you think I am that handsome that many lady want me ?" And smile... Never tell them anything. Also, play a little hard to get and always act like a man not a boy. Never be cheap but don't throw your money around. And best to stay at your own or near education level as you will get bored of the sex and if you are educated you may want to take them to some really nice places that an uneducated girl would not feel comfortable at nor understand. Basically, if you have a college degree maybe a 6th grade educated girl is not your best match. There are however some very smart Thai girls who just never went to school but most still feel out of place when around business people, farang couples or places geared to the more educated. I have had long term relationships and dated many girls, all ages, looks and education levels. Not saying i know it all but this is my advise for what it is worth....

• Like 2

Best not to speak than to tell them something that they really don't want to hear. No girl or guy likes a butterfly for a bf or gf. Always answer with a question. When they say you are handsome man and must have many girls... Just say " really, you think I am that handsome that many lady want me ?" And smile... Never tell them anything. Also, play a little hard to get and always act like a man not a boy. Never be cheap but don't throw your money around. And best to stay at your own or near education level as you will get bored of the sex and if you are educated you may want to take them to some really nice places that an uneducated girl would not feel comfortable at nor understand. Basically, if you have a college degree maybe a 6th grade educated girl is not your best match. There are however some very smart Thai girls who just never went to school but most still feel out of place when around business people, farang couples or places geared to the more educated. I have had long term relationships and dated many girls, all ages, looks and education levels. Not saying i know it all but this is my advise for what it is worth....

This is the best advice so far on this flimsy thread.

I have sometimes been asked on that first "job-interview" date, "are you butterfly?" As tthailand suggests above, best not to answer this directly. You probably are (or would like to be) a butterfly, but why give her the opportunity to dump you at the first hurdle? You want to give the impression that you are "respectable", no matter what your social or economic position.

It also helps to dress tidily and look (and be) generally clean. No tattoos if possible, cos that immediately moves you several notches down the social scale. And for god's sakes, BE GENEROUS. SPEND money on them, and don't automatically think of them as gold diggers. Most are, but they will return your generosity with marvellous generosity of their own kind. May be as simple as getting a good foot massage......

And for god's sakes, BE GENEROUS. SPEND money on them, and don't automatically think of them as gold diggers.

Give things made with your hands. Thai girls appreciate those more-becoz its from the heart.

be different. be the guy who doesnt want to purchase a thai gf.

the truth alwys cums out its 1. be generous or 2, mislead them.

Edited by oogster8

Hey...aren't you the troll from the other thread...who had a wife (overseas) who was coming here to invest in 'condos' and annoyed at the protestors inconsideration for your plans. sigh....

Just be yourself.

Do what you usually do.

If they don't like you or the way you do things then you probably shouldn't be trying to get into a relationship w/ them anyways.

... and if you have any trouble just being yourself, no problem! Be someone else.

biggrin.png

OP has 9 posts.... Come on!

You were a newbie once . Give the fella a break 555

Read the Trolls posts from yesterday, he has some notable views on Thailand and would have you believe all Thais are subservient, insignificant and irrelevant. Then decide on giving him a break.

no offenses but its true girls who have no problem dating foreigners are either hookers or have the thought process of hookers. It game really isnt the same as with your home country girls.

You'll find the vast majority of Thai ladies are not hookers, and many who are interested in foreigners are educated professionals who are totally pissed off with the philandering and lies of Thai men, or have spent time overseas and look at things more internationally.

You drank the KOOL-AID man. I can count on one hand the times ive seen a hi-so thai woman with a farang boy.........................lol.

Jealousy must so debilitating.

Don't worry. In your next life, you'll come back as someone adventurous enough to explore the world while you're still young and physically fit enough to enjoy it properly.

Being in my early 30's and pretty much fluent in spoken Thai has also given me the label of "playboy" or "butterfly". I've even had girls come right out and tell me they do not like that I can speak so well, as it obviously means I have dated tons of Thai girls, rather than just the two long term relationships that I have had.

But in the long run who cares, yeah, the Chinese Thai girls you find at places like Warm Up in CM are harder to get, but oh well, try harder. Also, for every single beautiful girl, there is someone out there sick of her shit.

• Like 1