Two US policemen on vacation in Chiang Mai

CMfoodie

APD officers witness unrest in Thailand

CHANG MAI, Thailand - Two Austin Police Department officers are wrapping up a vacation in Thailand in a time of tremendous unrest.

Corporal Wuthipong Tantaksinanukij's family is from Thailand. He and Senior Police Officer Dennis Farris are vacationing in northern Thailand. They intend to travel Friday to Bangkok, where anti-government demonstrations may alter their plans a bit.

MORE:

http://www.kxan.com/news/local/austin/apd-officers-witness-unrest-in-thailand

I don't understand the point of this post. Nothing of any interest or importance is said. So what if two of Thailand's many thousands of tourists are American cops sitting up in Chiang Mai where little if any unrest or protesting is happening? They are certainly staying far away from any possible trouble, so perhaps the OP might come back and explain why they've posted this. I suspect there are many other cops from around the world who are vacationing in Thailand but understand that their presence is nothing special.

Edited by Brevity
  • Like 1

I don't understand the point of this post. Nothing of any interest or importance is said. So what if two of Thailand's many thousands of tourists are American cops sitting up in Chiang Mai where little if any unrest or protesting is happening? They are certainly staying far away from any possible trouble, so perhaps the OP might come back and explain why they've posted this. I suspect there are many other cops from around the world who are vacationing in Thailand but understand that their presence is nothing special.

I don't understand the point of this post.

It's from Texas. Expecting sense or logic from the Lone Star State is an exercise in futility.

george_bush_answer_1_xlarge.jpeg

• Like 2

The post is not pointless. The point is that you need to belong to a certain group, blessed with higher than average IQ to travel to Bkk this time.

Sent from my GT-I9500 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

As far as the article, it's a puff-piece, filler for the local news outlet.

Nothing to see here, move along, before I beat you to death.

http://www.breitbart.com/Big-Government/2014/01/14/Officers-acquitted-in-California-homeless-death

Incredible. I am familiar with this case, as I live in SoCal. But I had no idea that they were acquitted.