Medical Volunteers/ NGOs

thaimedic

Hello, My girlfriend and I are final-year medical students who currently live in Chiang Mai, Thailand. . .We were wondering if anybody knows of any places in the Phuket area where a hospital, clinic or non-profit organization would allow/need medical volunteers?

The only foreign volunteers I have ever seen working in the medical field in Thailand are on ambulances. I have seen them working with both of the large foundations on Phuket, (Raumjai and Kusoldharm) and there is at least one working at the Phuket Provencial Authority Organisation's (PPAO) "Tourist Rescue Center" in Chalong. You may also want to contact Marko at the Bangkok Free Ambulance. He may have some more info. http://www.bkkfreeambulance.com/

About 8 years ago, I was accepted by Phuket Siriroj (International) Hospital to do my internee training for a BSc (Paramedic). I suggest you contact the international manager - Peter Davison, whose email address is on the hospital web-site.

Simon

• 4 months later...

Bangkok Phuket International has foreign volunteers (paid or unpaid I don't know) to help out foreign patients.

I believe that this is the same for Phuket International hospital.

I only don't know if they are medical qualified.

Edited by merijn