2014 FIM Motocross World Championship Grand Prix of Thailand – 7th till 9th March

InspirePattaya

2014_fim_motorcross.jpg

Venue: PinThong 3 Industrial Estate, Sriracha – Chonburi

Date Time
Friday 7 March 2014. 09.00 A.M.
Saturday 8 March 2014. 09.00 A.M.
Sunday 9 March 2014. 08.00 A.M

Ticket Price
500 Baht (Friday 7 March 2014)
700 Baht (Saturday 8 March 2014)
1,000 Baht (Sunday 9 March 2014)
1,500 Baht (Package 3 days : Friday 7- Sunday 9 March 2014)
5,000 Baht Grand Stand (Package 3 days : Friday 7- Sunday 9 March 2014)
Public sale on 15 Jan 2014 onward.

The first ever Motorsport Grand Prix in Thailand! 7th – 9th March , PinThong 3 Industrial Estate, Sriracha – Chonburi
We are about to enter a new Motocross season, midst great excitement and high expectations. Motocross remains a firm favourite within the motor sport community as the most popular off-road competition for many passionate fans around the world.

Read More...

inspire-pattaya1.jpg
-- Inspire Pattaya 2014-1-14

• Like 1

Are you some sort of magazine that is going to be posting events here now? There is also a "pinned" thread for events here.

Inspire Pattaya and Bangkok will be posting events here and in Bangkok as part of agreement we have with them, they will be posted as separate threads.

Yes good info, however is there a discount for foreigners with a Thai license or work permit?

I've to ask, as If not, it's actually more expensive than the tickest for the Formula 1 races in Malasia.

That is great. I will definitely be going to that.

For those that don't know, Pinthong 3 is on the spur of the 331 road between Map Iang and the Laem Chabang bypass. Don't go to Sri Racha town centre as you will be about 30 km away.

They might even repair the road in front of it which is currently pretty bad.

• Like 2

Yes good info, however is there a discount for foreigners with a Thai license or work permit?

I've to ask, as If not, it's actually more expensive than the tickest for the Formula 1 races in Malasia.

Show me!?

But of course.

Did you read the prices or not?

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

Show me!?

But of course.

I did! Hence my comment.

Did you?

Show me!?

But of course.

I did! Hence my comment.

Did you?

The cheapest ticket I can see for the F1 is 205 ringitt about 2000 baht so I dont quite get your point?

The cheapest ticket I can see for the F1 is 205 ringitt about 2000 baht so I dont quite get your point?

Wow, you're needling me while you've obviously haven't checked the prices in the link I supplied. Please do so and you'll see that the cheapest tickets are 80 Ringgit, and that's for a 3 day pass. If you buy them early, it's only 49 Ringgit, i.e. 500 Baht.

Wow, you're needling me while you've obviously haven't checked the prices in the link I supplied. Please do so and you'll see that the cheapest tickets are 80 Ringgit, and that's for a 3 day pass. If you buy them early, it's only 49 Ringgit, i.e. 500 Baht.

I did, and I have again, and the cheapest prices I see for the F1 is 205 ringitt, are you sure you are looking at F1 prices? Appreciate if you could give a direct link to the 49 ringitt price/tickets.

I did, and I have again, and the cheapest prices I see for the F1 is 205 ringitt, are you sure you are looking at F1 prices? Appreciate if you could give a direct link to the 49 ringitt price/tickets.

I provided a direct link in post 8 above. Here it is again, for your convenience: Link.

I provided a direct link in post 8 above. Here it is again, for your convenience: Link.

Appreciate your efforts but your link is to F1 at Sepang in Malaysia.

For a grandstand ticket it will cost about 6600 Baht.

Don't think I'll be going though, seen F1 a few times and while its ok on TV, it can get quite confusing / boring to watch at the track.

Appreciate your efforts but your link is to F1 at Sepang in Malaysia.

For a grandstand ticket it will cost about 6600 Baht.

Don't think I'll be going though, seen F1 a few times and while its ok on TV, it can get quite confusing / boring to watch at the track.

Off course the link is to F1 at Sepang, that's the whole point I've been trying to make. See post #6. It cheaper to watch a formula 1 race in a neighboring country than watching a motocross event in Sriracha. (oh, and since you mentioned it, there are quite a lot of grandstand tickets at Sepang for 3.5 - 5 K Baht).

Therefore I asked the OP if there are any discounts for foreigners with a Thai license or a work permit. I doubt there will be many locals paying these prices. I used to watch the rally cross up in Ban Bung before they closed the track a few years ago, entrance there was B20. biggrin.png

For those that don't know, Pinthong 3 is on the spur of the 331 road between Map Iang and the Laem Chabang bypass. Don't go to Sri Racha town centre as you will be about 30 km away.

They might even repair the road in front of it which is currently pretty

Where do you think is the best place to stay ? will there be some special transportation from Pattaya to the track ?

Edited by Spotted

Where do you think is the best place to stay ? will there be some special transportation from Pattaya to the track ?

There are no hotels in that area although there are motels i.e bungalow type accommodation for short-time or commercial drivers. You will still need transport to the track. You are best coming from BKK or Pattaya. Where are you based? If you had a car or bike, you could do it from Pattaya in 40 minutes, It is an easy run up the 7 and then on to the 331.

I have no info on special transportation laid on. Almost certainly best to have your own transport. Rent a bike or car in Pattaya.

Edited by Briggsy

There are no hotels in that area although there are motels i.e bungalow type accommodation for short-time or commercial drivers. You will still need transport to the track. You are best coming from BKK or Pattaya. Where are you based? If you had a car or bike, you could do it from Pattaya in 40 minutes, It is an easy run up the 7 and then on to the 331.

I have no info on special transportation laid on. Almost certainly best to have your own transport. Rent a bike or car in Pattaya.

Ok , thanks for that , if it s not that far i ,ll rent a room and motorbike in Pattaya !

• 1 month later...

Perhaps they should have highlighted that there is ZERO on-track action on the first day (today, Friday). Your 500 baht entry ticket allows you to wander round a few shops and watch them finishing off building the track.

I left after 45 minutes.

Sent from my iPhone using ThaiVisa app

• Like 1

^^^^^^^^

Ohh dear thats not good I would have been rather angry if I had taken the time and effort to get there only to find

the course unfinished and no motorcrosing.

Hope you asked for and got your money back.

Good to hear that you had a good time yesterday.

My point was that there was a 500 baht entrance fee on the first day with no track action, only stalls and working on the course. The Moto GP tests recently at Sepang were free entance to the circuit to the public.

Good to hear that you had a good time yesterday.

My point was that there was a 500 baht entrance fee on the first day with no track action, only stalls and working on the course. The Moto GP tests recently at Sepang were free entance to the circuit to the public.

Valid point, but the costs need to be covered is what I see, the Sepang event may have had enough sponsors to allow free entrance, the costs can only come from competitors entry fees, spectators entry and sponsors, when the sums are right they can give free entrance